Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [C7/J.Ralph] LDU declares he wants to be a NM player for life; inspired by Larkey/Sheez/Jy signing - pay the man

Remove this Banner Ad

Possible, to become the best, the rest of the players need to step up.
Love LDU. But do we reckon he'll ever reach the levels of players like Bont, Petracca, Daicos, Cripps? I'm not sure. Maybe they look better because they've played in better teams and won flags.

Love LDU. But do we reckon he'll ever reach the levels of players like Bont, Petracca, Daicos, Cripps? I'm not sure. Maybe they look better because they've played in better teams and won flags.

Well, those player have a very good support cast, we need to develop the rest with the other top end draft.

Potentially, he needs to believe more in himself and we need to see him in finals on the big stage first I think.
He might have to take his lumps initially on that stage and then respond when the opportunity presents again.

He would be in the All Australian team this year if we were say 9-4. So yeah I think he would be in that conversation. The key that makes say Bontempelli stand out is that he's maintained that standard for a long time now.

Agreed. Cripps has carried that team for 5-8 years, been sensational. LDU in full flight is up there with Cripps, but Cripps brutality at the contest is second to none.
Different players, cripps is an inside bull, luke is more outside with a sidestep allthough he does give himself a good chance with decent leg strenght. Cripps uses his mass to go through traffic much like cunnington did, luke has a more elegent style where he keeps the arms free and attempts to step through traffic but then will release ball if held up.

Also agree cripps has carried the majority of the load for a while now,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Different players, cripps is an inside bull, luke is more outside with a sidestep allthough he does give himself a good chance with decent leg strenght. Cripps uses his mass to go through traffic much like cunnington did, luke has a more elegent style where he keeps the arms free and attempts to step through traffic but then will release ball if held up.

Also agree cripps has carried the majority of the load for a while now,

Does that mean we need to get one of those, Smilie is closest to that type this year's draft...

I was thinking more along the lines of Brisbane's fab four during their premiership run.

But our fab four wouldn't have him though as when sheez and co get into their prime, uniacke would be 30 already.

I feel simpkin and uniacke would be more like your richie vandenberg, shane crawford type mentor guiding player albeit with more talent and impact for the next gen who would ultimately take us to flags.

None of those have him covered for speed and power combined.

He just needs players around him doing more of the heavier lifting so he can get off the chain more.

No coincidence that LDU has lifted a gear since George has found his feet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back