An Injury FREE fully fit Hawthorn team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
rofl you're the ne who is confused. Of course i am talking about BF. Just as you were when you started refering to the flog Essendon trolls etc.

I'm not saying that the Hawthorn football club is not respected in the real world (although some of that respect was lost after round 22), but as a supporter group you are the least respected on BF.
I guess when all else fails you can pull out the 'no one respects you on BF' line.
It carries so much weight.:rolleyes:

I think its about time you two took the bickering to a thread that gives a s***.

Loyd/Franklin tribunal arguments have nothing to with thread.

I think its about time you two took the bickering to a thread that gives a s***.

Loyd/Franklin tribunal arguments have nothing to with thread.
Actually, I think this thread should be in the Bay, should've been there from the start.

No one is saying that.

Those previous posts are all in response to an assertion that Franklin's hit on Cousins and Lloyd on Sewell were pretty much the same, and that if we wanted Franklin off we should also have wanted Lloyd off too.

Which is a debate best left for non-Hawthorn and non-Essendon supporters, but I would be amazed if impartial observers would see them that way.
That's all fair enough, I'm just having a go back at captain sookypants Galon. Apparently it's ok for your previous captain to try and win games by whacking blokes, but when our bloke does the same (with a shoulder rather than fists) it's a crime punishable by bigfooty moralising?

That's all fair enough, I'm just having a go back at captain sookypants Galon. Apparently it's ok for your previous captain to try and win games by whacking blokes, but when our bloke does the same (with a shoulder rather than fists) it's a crime punishable by bigfooty moralising?
huh? I didn't bring up the Lloyd incident, as I'm quite sick of hearing about it, but if you and your troll mates want to discuss it then I'm more than willing to give it some balance. But in essence, you've got no retort to my statement about it being a 'premeditated' act to influence the contest, so you call me a sook. I think it's plain to see who's doing the sooking, and it isn't any of the Hawks in here.

However I expect this thread to carry on, with more Bombers(why, is it only you guys, you say you don't care?) coming in trying to convince themselves and the world that 2009 wasn't the exception, but that 2008 was.

I think it's quite funny, myself. We're in your head.

What is this supposed to convince me of exactly?

The reason that the media asked if we were taking it to court, was most were shocked that it was a suspension in the first place.

If that is supposed to correlate to meaning that Buddy's hit was the same as Lloyd's, and only was different because there was a slight chance we may take that particular controversial decision to court, then there is no point in arguing, because that would mean you are in fact 12.

What is this supposed to convince me of exactly?

The reason that the media asked if we were taking it to court, was most were shocked that it was a suspension in the first place.

If that is supposed to correlate to meaning that Buddy's hit was the same as Lloyd's, and only was different because there was a slight chance we may take that particular controversial decision to court, then there is no point in arguing, because that would mean you are in fact 12.

Blah blah blah...

The question was posed why Buddy only got 2 weeks and I replied with the fact that Hawthorn threatened legal action to which I produced evidence by way of a quote from Hawthorn President Jeff Kennett.

You made no argument to begin with except for a ":rolleyes:".

No one was shocked Buddy's incident was before the tribunal, Hawthorn supporters were shocked that they were likely to bow out of their premiership defense before the finals had even begun. Buddy charged Cousins, chose to bump and not tackle when he clearly had ample time and subsequently injured the player by making head high contact. It was the same rule all season.

Blah blah blah...

The question was posed why Buddy only got 2 weeks and I replied with the fact that Hawthorn threatened legal action to which I produced evidence by way of a quote from Hawthorn President Jeff Kennett.

You made no argument to begin with except for a ":rolleyes:".

No one was shocked Buddy's incident was before the tribunal, Hawthorn supporters were shocked that they were likely to bow out of their premiership defense before the finals had even begun. Buddy charged Cousins, chose to bump and not tackle when he clearly had ample time and subsequently injured the player by making head high contact. It was the same rule all season.
You honestly think that the MRP handed down 2 weeks because of threatened leagal action, and not because the bump was a lesser bump?
We really are in your head.

You honestly think that the MRP handed down 2 weeks because of threatened leagal action, and not because the bump was a lesser bump?
We really are in your head.

I'm suggesting there is a real possibility that the threatened legal action could've played a part in the 2 week sentence.

You actually believe Lloyd was shown the door even though Essendon officials are quoted as having offered a one year contract?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is the dumbest thing I've read on here today, and that's saying something.
I thought he was joking at first, but then I realised he was deadset. Maybe it's not just the EFC that has lost it's spunk.

That is the dumbest thing I've read on here today, and that's saying something.

He was charged with a level 2 offence when he knocked the player unconscious, even if only reckless, the contact was high and should've been a level 3 offence at the minimum. The incident however was intentional, the contact was high and the impact was high (as mentioned the player was unconscious), that should've been a level 4.

Threat of legal action = lower level offence

He was charged with a level 2 offence when he knocked the player unconscious, even if only reckless, the contact was high and should've been a level 3 offence at the minimum. The incident however was intentional, the contact was high and the impact was high (as mentioned the player was unconscious), that should've been a level 4.

Threat of legal action = lower level offence
Someone, tap this guy on the shoulder and tell him to quit.... while he is well behind.

Bah, it didn't stop Essendon from winning the flag in 1993. Try again.

:confused:Hahahaha WTF? Is 21 ok to win a flag?

This thread needs to be moved, making up delusional assertions from the past has nothing to do with a fit Hawthorn team in the future, even Vandenberg is getting a run.

This thread needs to be moved, making up delusional assertions from the past has nothing to do with a fit Hawthorn team in the future, even Vandenberg is getting a run.

Agree with the Hawks supporter on this. 2008 is a long time ago.....

Re: 2007. There were two teams we struggled against mainly due to conflicting game-styles. Kangaroos and Adelaide.

Can't remember off-hand the result, but very late in the season it was win and play Pies-Cats-Port, or lose and play Crows-Kangas-Cats.

We lost, and it probably cost us 07. We "made amends" in 08, despite getting younger before the trainwreck that was 09.

Still, compared to Melbourne and Carlton (the only two teams near our age makeup), we are doing ok in the last few years. If not for the Fev loss, I'd think the Blues are almost ready for an early top-4 shot also.

Why didn't a full fit & injury free Hawthorn side fail to win the flag in 2007?

The 2007 side were an inexperienced side that got ahead of themselves in the 2007 Final series. They however learnt from it so much so that they went on to win the 2008 Premiership.

I hope that helps with your question.

Maybe you can help me with my question

Why is it a fully fit and injury free Collingwood team can't seem to get within 10 goals of the Hawks ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back