An Injury FREE fully fit Hawthorn team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm

You couldn't beat an Essendon side which according to your teams intellectual posters is utter mediocrity. You had two cracks at this task as well.

You couldn't beat a St Kilda B grade side.

You lost TWICE to Port Adelaide, now this just on it's own is cause for belly laughs.

You failed to score in the first half and were smashed by 15 goals by the Bulldogs.

And I disagree that you underperformed in 09, I actually believe you OVER performed in 08.

:thumbsu:
You have just backed up why Hawthorn supporters are adamant that 2009 was rock bottom, but that last line is pretty sad if you actually think teams can 'over-achieve'.

Hmmmm

You couldn't beat an Essendon side which according to your teams intellectual posters is utter mediocrity. You had two cracks at this task as well.

You couldn't beat a St Kilda B grade side.

You lost TWICE to Port Adelaide, now this just on it's own is cause for belly laughs.

You failed to score in the first half and were smashed by 15 goals by the Bulldogs.

And I disagree that you underperformed in 09, I actually believe you OVER performed in 08.

:thumbsu:
ok in your logic gellong shouldent of lost a game i mean the won the big thing that makes them the best.

yes hawks lost to you we also beat teams you dident stuff like that happens if hawks over performed in 08 then loseing to you or port (who i rate as a fringe team)isent that big of a deal.

you seem to say its ok for your team to improve but coz we lost crawf hawks can only go down no way we could improve

why cant we improve on this year and make top 4??? (forgeting 08)

ok in your logic gellong shouldent of lost a game i mean the won the big thing that makes them the best.

yes hawks lost to you we also beat teams you dident stuff like that happens if hawks over performed in 08 then loseing to you or port (who i rate as a fringe team)isent that big of a deal

you seem to say its ok for your team to improve but coz we lost crawf hawks can only go down no way we could improve

why cant we improve on this year forgeting 08 and make top 4???
English please?

You have just backed up why Hawthorn supporters are adamant that 2009 was rock bottom, but that last line is pretty sad if you actually think teams can 'over-achieve'.
lmao 100% someone tell them when ppl say they over perform its coz they came 8th with 9 wins

Sounds like you think you would have beaten Geelong in 2007. Geelong 2007/2009 were a very different prospect to Geelong 2008.

You are kidding yourself.

I do think we would have beaten Geelong in 07. Not that we were a better team, just our particular gamestyles melded together to our advantage.

By the end of 2010, we should be getting to a point similar to most recent premiership sides in terms of age and experience - suggesting if we're good enough, we should be around the mark. 2008 suggests we were good enough, and most measures have our 2010 list as superior to our 2008.

I do think we would have beaten Geelong in 07. Not that we were a better team, just our particular gamestyles melded together to our advantage.

By the end of 2010, we should be getting to a point similar to most recent premiership sides in terms of age and experience - suggesting if we're good enough, we should be around the mark. 2008 suggests we were good enough, and most measures have our 2010 list as superior to our 2008.

and what measures are those? Age is a bullshit measure by the way. Its what shit teams supporters say to allow themselves to sleep better at night.

Because they were inexperienced and made the mistake of looking through North Melbourne.

So why will 2010 be any different?

Experience wise,

Croad, your only Key Defender of quality, is gone.
Crawford has retired.
Campbell, your best ruckman, has retired.
Williams, has been moved on.
Dew, an experienced player, has retired.

That is a bit of experience lost.

Experience wise,

Crawford has retired.

Very true. Although adding Burgoyne, Gibson, Hooper and Skipper adds some experience back. Amazingly, every other player retained on our list has clocked up another year since Crawford and Croad last played, if we're purely talking experience.

While this thread has degenerated alot, it staggers me for example that Rioli will never better his first season - 2008. I was hoping he would show improvement as his career progresses. I hope he doesn't have to line up on a Beams or Zeibell as their careers prosper. (would have named an Essendon young gun but literally can't think of a young exciting Essendon mid:eek:). Also, Burgoyne has dodegy knees and Mark William's won us the grand final, and single handedly won the pre-lim. Hodge can't play defence, we'll never win a flag with him there.

Lloyd has said a number of times since the bump that he wanted to assert his influence on the contest. That is the difference. Premeditated attempt to involve himself in the contest and impart some physicality.

Franklins was a split second decision, in play, with a player trying to get around him.
The only thing that makes them similar is that contact was made between two players.

...to the head, knocking their opponent unconcious. Exactly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, I know you Essendon fans love to harp on about round 22, and you may think that Browns outburst was harsh, and you feel that Clarkson shouldn't have said what he did, but I think you'll struggle to find anyone involved in the AFL that have lost a great deal of respect for the HFC because of it.

That sort of outburst from a coach is the sort of thing that can really unify a team, especially going into a long preseason.

What Brown said afterwards may have been true, but the timing was all wrong and he knows that.

Anyway, it certainly riled all your Bombers fans up.
Probably the best cheap shot Brown has ever thrown.

Brown and Clarkson are part of it, but the hypocrasy coming out of the club and more importantly, the fact that there's barely a Hawthorn supporter dignified enough to display any level of humility about the loss since, are the main reasons Hawthorn has lost a lot of respect.

It's not the bomber fans that were riled up...we were quite content with the events on that day...
...we're merely pointing out that as a collective group, HFC and it's supporters did not, and have not carried themselves well at all since round 21.:thumbsdown:

Very true. Although adding Burgoyne, Gibson, Hooper and Skipper adds some experience back. Amazingly, every other player retained on our list has clocked up another year since Crawford and Croad last played, if we're purely talking experience.

While this thread has degenerated alot, it staggers me for example that Rioli will never better his first season - 2008. I was hoping he would show improvement as his career progresses. I hope he doesn't have to line up on a Beams or Zeibell as their careers prosper. (would have named an Essendon young gun but literally can't think of a young exciting Essendon mid:eek:). Also, Burgoyne has dodegy knees and Mark William's won us the grand final, and single handedly won the pre-lim. Hodge can't play defence, we'll never win a flag with him there.
Gee he must have been something hey, must have been a ripper year that one, he must be a stand out, must have one the NAB Rising Star on his ear, no-one could have beaten him, oh hang on, some hack who can't even kick from Freo won it that year??

Maybe those who voted know nothing, or didn't watch that many Hawthorn games.

Or maybe it's just another over rated flash in the pan.

Guess we will all find out in the coming years.

What experience does Hooper add?

Finally, you've admitted Essendon were deserving finalists! :thumbsu:
Yep, in a year where 3 mediocre teams couldn't even win that one last game that would sew up the final spot.
We won 1 of our last 6 games.
Essendon won 2 of it's last 6.
Port won 1 of it's last 6.

It was plain to see that none of the above teams deserved to play finals. As proven at AAMI stadium in the first round.
But if you want to say that your mediocrity was slightly better than ours, more power to you.

Also, Burgoyne has dodegy knees...

So when Hawks supporters tell us that Williams has dodgy knees we should believe them but when Port supporters say that SB has a dodgy knee it us untrue?

Just so you know, one player is currently in full training, whilst the other one is coming off major surgery on his knee.

Yep, in a year where 3 mediocre teams couldn't even win that one last game that would sew up the final spot.
We won 1 of our last 6 games.
Essendon won 2 of it's last 6.
Port won 1 of it's last 6.

It was plain to see that none of the above teams deserved to play finals. As proven at AAMI stadium in the first round.
But if you want to say that your mediocrity was slightly better than ours, more power to you.
Wrong!!

Essendon won that one game that would sew up the final spot. Beating Hawthorn in fact. Hehe, ahhh still brings a smile to my face. :D And didn't that game just show you up as a bunch of whinging sooking crying lady boys.

Never gets old, purely for the fact that it gets so much of a reaction from the underclass.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Experience wise,

Crawford has retired.

Croad & Campbell are the 2 that really hurt. The others i think can be replaced with players we have traded for (Gibson, Burgoyne) or covered through improvement of young players.

I do agree we go into 2010 with a weaker side than we had in 2008 but i expect us to have a better season than 2009.

Croad & Campbell are the 2 that really hurt. The others i think can be replaced with players we have traded for (Gibson, Burgoyne) or covered through improvement of young players.

Who is going to replace the 46 goals Mark Williams kicked in 2008? Apart from Buddy/Franklin, you don't have an option to cover for Williams.

Yes, it is quite clear you are a just another Troll....

The fact that you see yourself as 'classy' whilst you are Trolling says even more.
lol, if you didn't like trolls so much why make it easy with utter shite threads?

And then try to justify what is written within these threads, but somehow you fall short in this regard. Where did I ever say I was classy, I merely said that the underclass never ceases to react.

hmmmm

Brown and Clarkson are part of it, but the hypocrasy coming out of the club and more importantly, the fact that there's barely a Hawthorn supporter dignified enough to display any level of humility about the loss since, are the main reasons Hawthorn has lost a lot of respect.

It's not the bomber fans that were riled up...we were quite content with the events on that day...
...we're merely pointing out that as a collective group, HFC and it's supporters did not, and have not carried themselves well at all since round 21.:thumbsdown:
What part of watching your best player be taken out in an 'act of great leadership' was going to appeal to a Hawthorn supporter as something to be humble about?
Do I expect you to be humble about the bloodbath that Vandenberg started in 2004? Of course not.

And yes, you're riled up. You have been for sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back