Moved Thread And so Essendon's inevitable slide begins.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good slides have a curve up at the end.

Slide1.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whatever, I'll take a rare win in Perth. Injuries are a part of footy. WC and Collingwood missing way better players. Freo should have won at home but they didn't.

I'm just taking the mickey.

That being said, it doesn't mean much unless we string together the next few as well. But on the confidence/hoodoo breaking side of things, it's very good.

the bomber have been up for a long time, yes they lost those 2 games in a row but they were by less than a kick on both occasions, have lost 3 games by a goal or less so if you put that in perspective they have been playing at a consistently high enough level for 3 months straight (bar the melbourne game which they should have won by 5 goals at least had a truckload of wasted opportunities), it simply isnt sustainable. Its great to watch when there up and about the high octane high tempo play on at all costs style of play, will they be able to maintain this level when the whips are cracking later in the year? jury is out for mine, looking forward to having a crack at them in round 18.

Poor decision maker, adds nothing bringing the ball out of defence, and is very average as a lockdown defender. Just comes across as completely one dimensional, and that dimension is not crash hot.

Easily first in his team for one percenters, excels at playing to the gameplan, good decision maker without the ball (ie at doing the defensive things), and is better than "average" as a lockdown defender. No-one would ever call him a great user of the ball, but his actual defensive work his first rate.

Easily first in his team for one percenters, excels at playing to the gameplan, good decision maker without the ball (ie at doing the defensive things), and is better than "average" as a lockdown defender. No-one would ever call him a great user of the ball, but his actual defensive work his first rate.
Fair enough, I just can't have him personally.

the bomber have been up for a long time, yes they lost those 2 games in a row but they were by less than a kick on both occasions, have lost 3 games by a goal or less so if you put that in perspective they have been playing at a consistently high enough level for 3 months straight (bar the melbourne game which they should have won by 5 goals at least had a truckload of wasted opportunities), it simply isnt sustainable. Its great to watch when there up and about the high octane high tempo play on at all costs style of play, will they be able to maintain this level when the whips are cracking later in the year? jury is out for mine, looking forward to having a crack at them in round 18.

Sustainable? Mate you just proved in your statement that Essendon are able to sustain full match efforts across the board, even in losses.
The fact is that whilst there are many moons to come before a GF/Premiership arrives Essendon is playing hard and accountable footy and it's working for us, its supporters.
September aint that far away and no one will want to play us.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back