And so essendon's inevitable slide continues....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hird-Bomber-going-down.gif

I know they have a few injuries but Essendon look nowhere near a top 8 side at the moment.

They might cling on to their top 8 spot but really don't deserve to play finals ahead of the likes of Geelong, North, St Kilda, Freo, Carlton and Richmond in their current form.

I know they have a few injuries but Essendon look nowhere near a top 8 side at the moment.

They might cling on to their top 8 spot but really don't deserve to play finals ahead of the likes of Geelong, North, St Kilda, Freo, Carlton and Richmond in their current form.
Especially North Melbourne and St Kilda, they're playin' better football currently.

How do Carlton and Richmond deserve to play finals ahead of the Bombers?? Richmond just lost to GOLD-Freaking-COAST two weeks ago...

How do Carlton and Richmond deserve to play finals ahead of the Bombers?? Richmond just lost to GOLD-Freaking-COAST two weeks ago...
Essendon were done by freakin Melbourne, and the Hawks were done by freaking Richmond, and the Swans were done by the freaking Tigers, so whats your freakin point.

I don't see them finishing in the top 8 now.

They have Adelaide at Aami, Carlton, Bulldogs, Richmond and Collingwood. None of them are easy wins for them.
Ummm actually they have Crows Roos Carl Rich Coll

NMFC isnt the easy beat that WB are

They arent beating us at home, roos will beat them on recent form, Carlton and richmond id toss a coin and Collingwood should thump them.... so of the next 5 they might win 1 or 2.....or 0..... they arent playing finals

Richmond also beat Hawthorn and I still think Richmond are playing better football than Essendon at the moment and would be more competitive in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are early season wins worth less than a late North surge - assuming we make it? I agree our form is horrible, we badly need a lot of key players back make a finals impression. Still possible we can miss out ... from 8-1 ... geez.

Ummm actually they have Crows Roos Carl Rich Coll

NMFC isnt the easy beat that WB are

They arent beating us at home, roos will beat them on recent form, Carlton and richmond id toss a coin and Collingwood should thump them.... so of the next 5 they might win 1 or 2.....or 0..... they arent playing finals
2 wins and we certainly do. 1 more is probably enough ...

Mute point in our current form anyway

Essendon were done by freakin Melbourne, and the Hawks were done by freaking Richmond, and the Swans were done by the freaking Tigers, so whats your freakin point.

That happened yes....in round 10, 9 and 7 respectively. We are at Round 18 now.

Since then Hawks have been on fire, Carlton has dropped like a stone, Essendon is treading water and Richmond hasn't really defeated a bigshot since unless you count the Saints. I'd say a defeat to a bottom-tier team two weeks ago would have more relevance on current form than one back in Round 7 wouldn't you say? I freaking would.

Edit: Typo. Round 18 rather.

The losing margin in each of Essendon's three July defeats was greater than that of Richmond's past six losses combined.

No doubt but if we are talking top 8 then close-enough (as in close loses) isn't really good enough now is it? The losses that the Bombers have incurred have been heavy, but they have been able to get over the line where Richmond hasn't and that is what counts in the longrun.

No doubt but if we are talking top 8 then close-enough (as in close loses) isn't really good enough now is it? The losses that the Bombers have incurred have been heavy, but they have been able to get over the line where Richmond hasn't and that is what counts in the longrun.

Yeah they have the wins on the board and Richmond doesn't deserve to make it. But on current form, Richmond would be more competitive in an elimination final than the Bombers.

That happened yes....in round 10, 9 and 7 respectively. We are at Round 18 now.

Since then Hawks have been on fire, Carlton has dropped like a stone, Essendon is treading water and Richmond hasn't really defeated a bigshot since unless you count the Saints. I'd say a defeat to a bottom-tier team two weeks ago would have more relevance on current form than one back in Round 7 wouldn't you say? I freaking would.

Edit: Typo. Round 18 rather.
And like the West Coast are on freakin fire since round freakin 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back