And you trhought McGuire was bad..

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLTN

Senior List
May 6, 2002
Telstra Dome
Dwayne Russell has to be the most smug, arrogant, condescending pain in the arse going around.
He must have been sitting in the media box with a huge erection, while covering yesterday's game as a supposedly indepenedent commentator.
His call of that game was the most biased over the top example of showing your alligance to a Club that I have ever heard - leaves Eddie in his wake.
He was pathetic.
Granted the Tigers were bad, very bad, but as a footy fan you want to hear interesting stuff not a one eyed nobody as he attempts show Port fans that he is one of them and tries to jump into Mark William's bed as Port race to the Finals.
What a disgrace - he should be taken out the back and shot.

Yep, Dermie did indeed say that. Wouldn't have been too wrong in the 2nd quarter.

Can't comment too much as I havent seen all of the game on TV yet as I was too busy putting up with Warwick Cappers words of self adulating wisdom in the West End Corporate box, but I'd suggest it may be a little hard to find bad things to say about a team that is up by 80 odd points at three quarter time, having barely raised a sweat.

I'd also have a stab in the dark and say there wouldn't be a lot of positives to talk about regarding Richmond over the course of the game.

Originally posted by Jars458

He will go for two weeks.

I saw Matthew Lloyd do exactly the same thing to Ben Holland earlier on this year and not even get reported! In fact, on reflection, I think Lloyd's was worse as both he and Holland are about the same height which meant that his arm would have been perpendicular. Stafford is probably nearly a foot taller than Kingsley and it would be very hard for him not too strike him in the head.

I think it was clear that Stafford's intent was to fend the tackling player away rather than to strike him. However, while not intentional, his action could certainly be regarded as reckless which may see him in a bit of trouble.

Originally posted by CJH
I think it was clear that Stafford's intent was to fend the tackling player away rather than to strike him. However, while not intentional, his action could certainly be regarded as reckless which may see him in a bit of trouble.

I agree with that, but he'll still probably end up with a suspension.

Originally posted by CJH

I saw Matthew Lloyd do exactly the same thing to Ben Holland earlier on this year and not even get reported! In fact, on reflection, I think Lloyd's was worse as both he and Holland are about the same height which meant that his arm would have been perpendicular. Stafford is probably nearly a foot taller than Kingsley and it would be very hard for him not too strike him in the head.

Key words in this post: "matthew" and "lloyd"

Originally posted by Jars458
Russell is an excellent commentator

"Russell" is an idiot.

He would best be served if he remained purposeful in sentences like "we'll russell (sic) something up for tea", or "russell the love muscle".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Lloyd do that in the last 30 seconds against Richmond too. But anybody who can get only one week for his third striking/charging/rough play/trying to show the world how tough he is charge in one season was always going to get off. He also got away with slapping Wakelin and charging Cloke on Anzac day. Stafford's not an afl golden boy, and he doesn't play for Sydney anymore, so he's going to be in trouble.

And you thought McGuire was bad.....I still do

Lloyd's's a hard working talented champion you nongs.

But to the original topic...Is that the guy.. Dwayne Russell eh? I was wondering who the other bloke was who's call is as entertaining and accurate as Cometti the last time I heard them together! He's great ..easy to follow with frequent intelligent asides. He's up there with Special Bruce, Dennis and the older guy who did the recaps on AFL Roundup. Thanks for telling me his name as I never think to check and most ch 9 games we get are cut up late night replays introduced by the everpresent Eddie and the actual callers are freguently not mentioned. Also in these replays you can tell who won beforehand by Gary Lyons' opening comments...he seems to edit out all but the build up for the winning team ..prob to make himself look like some great prophet.

Eddie is crap...he mixed up Milne with Aussie twice.

It wouldn't be hard to see Dwayne as being biased - I don't think he's commentated a Port loss this year.

For that matter, Dermott, Walls and Healy seem pretty biased to Port too this year ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

And you trhought McGuire was bad..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back