Andrew Bogut 2009/10 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So, the big aussie is now the 2nd best center in the game?

May be hard to argue otherwise at the moment.

He's definately a complete type of player. Always been a good passes and solid handler of the ball, good bball IQ, good shooter, fantastic left hand, just good all round. Great to see his defense at the level it is as well.

Bogut is better than Amare and Oden.

I love the bogyman, but wouldn’t go that far. :eek:

Not sure why he sat for the first 6 minutes and 25 seconds of the second quarter.
i would maximize his minutes and rest by rotating him around the quarters and half time breaks, not give him an extended break early in the game.

Not sure why he sat for the first 6 minutes and 25 seconds of the second quarter.
i would maximize his minutes and rest by rotating him around the quarters and half time breaks, not give him an extended break early in the game.
It's a common resting pattern.

I'd say he's playing better than Amare atm.

Amare's a better scorer but the difference in scoring doesn't make up for the massive difference in defense IMO.

I'd say until Yao returns he's quite comfortably the 2nd best center in the league. Assuming of course that he keeps up this level of play.

It's a common resting pattern.

I'd say he's playing better than Amare atm.

Still, I don’t want to watch Ersan Ilyasova or Luc Mbah a Moute run around. I want to watch Andrew Bogut rip it up.

Especially when we don’t get many Milwaukee games and I could only watch the first half. And then he sits for 6 minutes after going for 10 points, 5 rebounds and 2 blocks in the first quarter.

Wasn’t happy about that. Understand the rotation system, I’m just venting.

I dont like players that do not play D. Bogut has for a few years put up 20+ points against Amare.

At the level of Boguts game now he not that far behind offensively but is light years better on defense.

Still, I don’t want to watch Ersan Ilyasova or Luc Mbah a Moute run around. I want to watch Andrew Bogut rip it up.

Especially when we don’t get many Milwaukee games and I could only watch the first half. And then he sits for 6 minutes after going for 10 points, 5 rebounds and 2 blocks in the first quarter.

Wasn’t happy about that. Understand the rotation system, I’m just venting.
Bogut played the whole second half so he had to rest sometime. I dont think he has done that this year before.

Would it be fair to say, Andrew Bogut would be in the best 25 NBA players at the moment?

School yard line up, what number would he go? I’d say, between 25 and 30.

School yard line up, what number would he go? I’d say, between 25 and 30.

Good question, was thinking the same thing earlier.

My answer though is different. Considering the scarcity of his position and the fact he doesn't need the ball to be effective, I'd say somewhere in the 10-15 range.

Man Bogut was good today, really a joy to watch a big man with such great skills (even if it was against us). I'm a little over BBD and his bullshit so watching him get posterised into oblivion was pretty funny.

Also, anyone think Bogut is an underrated shot for DPOY?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bogut is certainly above, although perhaps not clearly above Amare. His defense is what puts him over the top, his renaissance as an anchor of the defense has been pretty incredible. It would be stunning if he's not playing in the All Star game next year.

Vegas, I don't think he's an underrated shot for DPOY - he's now getting a lot of mainstream love - but Dwight has that all wrapped up. Where he places will be the interesting thing.

I've got him Top 20 NBA atm.

Vegas, I don't think he's an underrated shot for DPOY - he's now getting a lot of mainstream love - but Dwight has that all wrapped up. Where he places will be the interesting thing.

I've got him Top 20 NBA atm.
I say underrated because of the Award predictions I've seen (admittedly not too many), none have put him even in the 'honorable mentions', so basically not in the top 5 or 6. Perhaps he hasn't been playing at this level all season, but his last month or so have been nothing short of outstanding. I'd have him all over Varejao, who most people have in their top 3.

Also, anyone think Bogut is an underrated shot for DPOY?

"Small" team cities rarely get these awards because the hype doesn't get carried across the country, so until Milwaukee start performing to elite levels like a fellow "small city" team Orlando or Boguts numbers go astronomical he's going to continue to be looked over to a degree.

Bogut could deserve DPOY if he finishes the season the way he's playing now. Howard gets a ton of rebounds and blocks but to me Bogut is a better lock down defender. If that makes sense. Artest could probably take it though.

I think we are getting a bit carried away with Bogeymania though. As much as I hate Stoudemire, he is a better player, D or no D.

At the same time, after some of the flack Bogut has copped over the years, its nice to see him dominating games, good on him.

I think we are getting a bit carried away with Bogeymania though. As much as I hate Stoudemire, he is a better player, D or no D.

I'd like to hear a case for why Stoudemire is a better player, other than rep.

Amare averages 22.9 points per 36 minutes, playing with Steve Nash.

Bogut averages 17.9points per 36 minutes, playing with...Jennings and Salmons.

Everything else is skewed heavily in favour of Bogut, from rebounding to passing to leadership to defense - and yes, the huge gap in defensive skill matters a lot.

Just watched the game got home fom work and didnt wanna watch the second half last night so saved it and watched it on league pass.

I said after the Atlanta game that i wanted Bogues to be more aggressive and carry us to a win well...he did it yesterday and we won a game we have been losing for years down the stretch..

Im still torn on whether i would like to meet atlanta or boston more presuming we make the playoffs. With Bogut clearly the key to our success and avergaing 25ppg, 15 rpg and 3 blocks whilst against a genuine All-D defender in Perkins this season i wouldnt really mind either way.

Now im not saying we will beat Boston but i would doubt they would wanna play us and im sure Bogues would go in full of confidence againt KP..

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Bogut 2009/10 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back