Andrew Fagan to resign as CEO -> new CEO search

Rate Fagan’s tenure

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Before we start congratulating Fagan on his commercial acumen and how well he did off the field for the club, lets wait for the 2020 numbers to be released.

Crows are one of the few clubs yet to release their results. It could be ugly.
That’s a bit like saying the federal government is shit because the budget blew out and unemployment went up in 2020. 😳 really.

Rubbish, we weren't able to spend the full cap because we were running loss making side ventures.
That's interesting. Link?

Not too sure how to take his tenure.

The Good:
He appeared to drive the charge to get us an AFLW team, the AFL had written off an SA based team - he got the partnership with NT and we got a licence, the rest is history.

He pushed for the external review, this was due to Roo making the football decisions/hirings, it was Fages only way to get change.

The Bad:
He stated he wanted the best football department, did he put too much trust in Roo, did he have a choice? Maybe his statement was more about "I will ensure the football department can have anything they want"

Handling of the camp/Tex's crucifying was terrible/horrendous/incompetent. He would have a big say in our PR department and the direction we went with. Needed a strong voice at certain times but once again was this on him or Chapman as the figurehead of the club? Other clubs generally have the President/Chairman come out in defense of their club or players.

Meh:
Neither here nor there on the baseball/eSports thing.

Overall better than Trigg (almost impossible not to be, a random hobo plucked from Whitmore Square would do better than Trigg) but his lack of footy knowledge cost him as Roo was given too much control of the footy side which came to bite Fages on the bum.

I’m interested in the direction the club wishes to go. They have put out nominations for a new board member. A new ceo and new board member injects new ideas. It can influence our direction
The new Board member is just the usual completion of the two year term for one of our two member elected positions. I expect that Kym Ryder will stand again so it is possible/likely that there wil be no change to the Board.

I agree with the view that a CEO for life is not a great idea. IMHO the ideal term is 5-10 years. Probably more than 5 years because the new CEO needs to follow through on any strategic changes, 10 years seems a bit too long and can lead to complacency.

Our new CEO has two key jobs
1) Set a a top notch Football Department
2) Establish a new “Home” for the Crows

This will require two very different skill sets. I am not convinced that the Bigfooty Board has full access to the information that will enable the AFC to select the best available candidate but there are plenty of people I would not like to be appointed.

Sadly, our brand has been stained by a club great that put his ego before the club. He can't leave soon enough.
Wholeheartedly agree.

At first I thought he knew what he was doing, then I still thought he had the club at heart but was misguided.

Now it's clear the end of his playing career was just the start of his selfishness.

Not much point just putting up a link to the Australian - what does it say?
WEST Coast general manager of football, Craig Vozzo, has been interviewed by the Crows for the vacant job of Adelaide Crows chief executive.

It is understood Vozzo, a South Australian, was interviewed by the CEO sub-committee before the close of applications last Friday for the position vacated last month by long-serving chief executive Steven Trigg, who has joined Carlton.

Vozzo has a strong background in law and player management, and has worked for the Eagles as list manager and football chief since 2010.

The chief executive’s role is being shared by chief operating officer Nigel Smart and football operations manager David Noble, who have both applied to become the third CEO in the club’s 24-year history, a role filled for the first 11 years by Bill Sanders.

Meanwhile, Port Adelaide’s chances of winning back-to-back games for the first time in 10 weeks improved last night with news that defender/ruckman Jackson Trengove and forward Angus Monfries should be available against Carlton on Friday night.

WEST Coast general manager of football, Craig Vozzo, has been interviewed by the Crows for the vacant job of Adelaide Crows chief executive.

It is understood Vozzo, a South Australian, was interviewed by the CEO sub-committee before the close of applications last Friday for the position vacated last month by long-serving chief executive Steven Trigg, who has joined Carlton.

Vozzo has a strong background in law and player management, and has worked for the Eagles as list manager and football chief since 2010.

The chief executive’s role is being shared by chief operating officer Nigel Smart and football operations manager David Noble, who have both applied to become the third CEO in the club’s 24-year history, a role filled for the first 11 years by Bill Sanders.

Meanwhile, Port Adelaide’s chances of winning back-to-back games for the first time in 10 weeks improved last night with news that defender/ruckman Jackson Trengove and forward Angus Monfries should be available against Carlton on Friday night.

If we rejected him in 2014, is there any reason we'd pick him this time around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legit think this is the best thing that's happened since making the 17 GF for you guys.

Really should have happened in the review, but better late then never I guess.

Can't start afresh, without starting afresh.

Roo next.

If we rejected him in 2014, is there any reason we'd pick him this time around.
Without knowing any of the candidates the club has in mind I have no idea. Alternatively, after rejection he could just as easily tell the club to gagf

TBH, I just thought it was an interesting article and provided a snapshot of where the club was at post Trigg (eg: Noble and Smart sharing CEO duties)

Legit think this is the best thing that's happened since making the 17 GF for you guys.

Really should have happened in the review, but better late then never I guess.

Can't start afresh, without starting afresh.

Roo next.

While I think it's a positive move for Fagan to go, there's been better things.

I'd have the sackings of Burton, Pyke, Campo, all ahead. Chapman leaving and the women's 2nd flag above Fagan also.

The make over of the list would be close, from 3rd oldest to youngest list in 2 years.

have the sackings of Burton, Pyke, Campo, all ahead. Chapman leaving and the women's 2nd flag above Fagan also
For me it's starting at the top. Setting the new agenda.

Like when we bought in KT. Was the moment things shifted for me.

For me it's starting at the top. Setting the new agenda.

Like when we bought in KT. Was the moment things shifted for me.
Whilst I agree with you in some parts, KT coming in hasn't really led to much on field success has it ??

Getting in a well credentialed CEO will be a good help, but to say it's "the best thing for the club since 2017" is a huge stretch

Sadly, our brand has been stained by a club great that put his ego before the club. He can't leave soon enough.
For some.

I think you'd be surprised by how few feel that way in the general football public, both club members and the football industry.

I'm not arguing for or against Ricciuto. I certainly don't want another club great to leave bitterly, and I think any CEO would need to manage his level of influence. He just one volunteer board member amongst many.

For some.

I think you'd be surprised by how few feel that way in the general football public, both club members and the football industry.

I'm not arguing for or against Ricciuto. I certainly don't want another club great to leave bitterly, and I think any CEO would need to manage his level of influence. He just one volunteer board member amongst many.
On Facebook the majority of comments for Fagan are about how wonderful he has been and how he will be missed. Most supporters genuinely don't think either of them have done anything wrong or should go.

Back