Opinion Hawthorn - Clarkson - Fagan Racism Investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

So everything has been fabricated by the complainants because there's no evidence?

Well of course there's no evidence. Were they expecting recordings of the conversation where Clarkson is accused of telling them to have their child aborted? LOL Or is that merely a vicious lie made up to extort money?...and which would open them up to all manner of prosecution. Why would they risk that?

If you're going to make accusations and expect action to be taken against the accused, then you need to be able to have those claims tested under the rules of evidence. Especially important when your accusations are going to be made public.

Had you read the claims from the beginning,particularly who made them, you'd know exactly why they were made. But that's ok, you can soon complain how the Federal Court is racist and was going to fix the result.

Neither of those things are clear at this stage.

Depends on how naive you are. I'll accept it didn't start that way, but once Egan got involved, there's zero doubt that $ became the primary objective. Unfortunately, once it was leaked and became a story, AFL couldn't write the hu$h cheque and even their attempt to manipulate a predetermined kangaroo court failed because both Fagan and Clarkson refused to rollover. And now the complainants will abandon their Federal Court action claiming all sorts of procedural unfairness, and worse.

So not racist then? Just a campaigner to everyone equally?
Exactly. The indigenous players have taken the wrong path. They didn't have to make it about race. If what they accuse has any truth to it there's nothing to prove that kind of treatment was reserved for indigenous players. In fact Sam Mitchell has a tale to tell about his shit treatment by Clarkson.

Exactly nothing of course.

When will Clarkson and Fagan start defamation proceedings? If I was accused of something so hideous and was entirely innocent I'd be doing everything possible to rightfully punish those who tried to assassinate my character.

Once the Federal Court proceeding is abandoned or lost, Clarko and Fagan will commence their defamation proceedings. Just be patient, it will happen.

Exactly. The indigenous players have taken the wrong path. They didn't have to make it about race. If what they accuse has any truth to it there's nothing to prove that kind of treatment was reserved for indigenous players. In fact Sam Mitchell has a tale to tell about his shit treatment by Clarkson.

So the claims about racism are likely unfounded as far as you're concerned?

ABC and the journo. I’m not sure it can extend further to Hawthorn, I still don’t really see what they did wrong.
I'd be surprised if they got far with defamation proceedings against any media outlet - usually their lawyers have screened anything that goes out publicly.

There might be something they could do against the AFL? There's potentially an industrial law lawyer or two out there that would have a crack at it.

I'd be surprised if they got far with defamation proceedings against any media outlet - usually their lawyers have screened anything that goes out publicly.

There might be something they could do against the AFL? There's potentially an industrial law lawyer or two out there that would have a crack at it.
LOL

Might pay to do a Google search of the ABC's record against defamation claims

ABC pay compensation on a weekly basis. They'll be first.

LOL

Might pay to do a Google search of the ABC's record against defamation claims
Yeah, fair call. They've had a few. They're far and away our largest news broadcaster, so they'd have the largest risk.

You might be right, it will be interesting to see. It feels to me like this story is in the public interest, but they went early and with a strong assumption of wrongdoing.

It's amazing that Shaun Burgoyne who seems like a fine upstanding citizen was there all through this period wasn't he?..... still speaks glowingly of Clarkson and given how the indigenous lads are usually very close I find it hard to believe he wouldn't have got wind of this sort of behaviour at some point.
And who was Shaun going out with/married to at the time..

When you know the answer, which you do, to this its pretty obvious why shaun wouldnt have been subject to the same treatment.

This has been highlighted to you on several occassions but cause it doesnt suit your narrative you ignore it..

Do you honestly reacon Clarko wouldve turned up on the doorstep of one the daughters of football royalty and demanded she never be allowed to see shaun again!..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With every passing month we see more and more evidence that Clarko is an absolute dog of a human being towards others who he clearly sees as lower value than him..

The race, creed, colour, sexuality etc of those who cop his shit matters not.. he’s just a prick to everyone by the looks of it!

The bloke needs to retire.. before he does anymore damage to his, and the games, already tarnished reputation.

When you know the answer, which you do, to this its pretty obvious why shaun wouldnt have been subject to the same treatment.

This has been highlighted to you on several occassions but cause it doesnt suit your narrative you ignore it..

Do you honestly reacon Clarko wouldve turned up on the doorstep of one the daughters of football royalty and demanded she never be allowed to see shaun again!..

Depends on how toxic she is I suppose.

What utter claptrap!

I'm sure Clarko would have been inconsistent with how he treated his players.

I just don't think that was due to race.
There's 2 others that stand accused of the same offences Chris Fagan and Jason Burt which seems to be conveniently forgotten by the usual suspects, are they all campaigners you think?

I'm sure Clarko would have been inconsistent with how he treated his players.

I just don't think that was due to race.

What I find surprising is that so many people live charmed existences where it's inconceivable that these events could have occurred, but not in the context in which the stories were recorded. Not only no personal experience with severely toxic/unbalanced relationships, but also totally ignorant to the amount of information/concern in society as a whole. Just dismiss off-hand that the only event thst could have happened was the coaches turning up unnannounced and kidnapping a player. Or just demanding an abortion out of nowhere.

You'd have to be brain dead.

Last edited:
What I find surprising is that so many people live charmed existences where it's inconceivable that these events could have occurred, but not in the context in which the stories were recorded. Not only no personal experience with severely toxic/unbalanced relationships, but also totally ignorant to the amount of information/concern in society as a whole. Just dismiss off-hand that the only event thst could have happened was the coaches turning up unnannounced and kidnapping a player. Or just demanding an abortion out of nowhere.

You'd have to be brain dead.
Was that their position?

That these things had happened but given the circumstances they were right to take those actions and had good reasons?

Or was their position that they hadn't happened at all?

Was that their position?

That these things had happened but given the circumstances they were right to take those actions and had good reasons?

Or was their position that they hadn't happened at all?

Their position was that the claims were outrageous. The context of any events involving the players was confidential and would only be disclosed in appropriate forums. Unless you wanted private conversations between employees and players splashed across the internet.

Are you implying the alleged behaviour would be okay if their partners were "toxic"?

That club workers kidnapped a player and demanded a pregnancy be terminated? Absolutely not. Is that likely to have happened in that context, only an idiot would believe that based on the allegations in that report alone. Which is how many posters treated the accusations.

That club workers kidnapped a player and demanded a pregnancy be terminated? Absolutely not. Is that likely to have happened in that context, only an idiot would believe that based on the allegations in that report alone. Which is how many posters treated the accusations.

Kidnapped is overstating things a bit, as is "demanded". However, I don't find it difficult to believe that the club would have strongly insinuated that a pregnancy would damaging to their career, and that they should distance themselves from their partners. I also don't find it difficult to believe that the club would act like this to vulnerable young players with no established record, but do nothing of the sort to an established superstar in his 30s like Burgoyne.

I'm still not sure how this relates to someone's partner being "toxic"

Kidnapped is overstating things a bit, as is "demanded". However, I don't find it difficult to believe that the club would have strongly insinuated that a pregnancy would damaging to their career, and that they should distance themselves from their partners. I also don't find it difficult to believe that the club would act like this to vulnerable young players with no established record, but do nothing of the sort to an established superstar in his 30s like Burgoyne.

I'm still not sure how this relates to someone's partner being "toxic"

You don't think it's possible that a male player found themselves in a toxic relationship and requested ongoing assistance from the club, who eventually helped him exit the relationship? Is that because you're unaware of those dynamics or because the male can't be the partner without power?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Hawthorn - Clarkson - Fagan Racism Investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back