Andrew Fagan to resign as CEO -> new CEO search

Rate Fagan’s tenure

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

On Facebook the majority of comments for Fagan are about how wonderful he has been and how he will be missed. Most supporters genuinely don't think either of them have done anything wrong or should go.
Sad state of affairs when Chappy in particular gets that kind of reaction

Whilst I agree with you in some parts, KT coming in hasn't really led to much on field success has it ??

Getting in a well credentialed CEO will be a good help, but to say it's "the best thing for the club since 2017" is a huge stretch
Well, would I take Port pre KT or Post KT, on that basis, he's been a huge success.

I can't think of anything that has gone backwards in his time, on and off field.

I don't think it's entirely fair to judge him on field only. Though they are still daylight better then when he took over.

I didn't rate Fagan for him not having any real AFL experience, that was a huge negative in my eyes, and the fact is he was in charge when the camp happened and was in charge of the fake review.... so I think him leaving is a huge thing.

Well, would I take Port pre KT or Post KT, on that basis, he's been a huge success.

I can't think of anything that has gone backwards in his time, on and off field.

I don't think it's entirely fair to judge him on field only. Though they are still daylight better then when he took over.
We've gone forwards off field under Fagan too, but like KT he didn't have much to beat given his predecessor.

We've gone forwards off field under Fagan too, but like KT he didn't have much to beat given his predecessor.
I dunno about that....

A blind monkey should be able to make money when you have such a presence in the Adelaide market.

I'd compare Adelaide to WCE, both have the same market share, one is huge on and off, the other isn't and underperforms. Though alot of that is the pissant SANFL and all that... but that's another story.

Adelaide could easily be a juggernaut off the field if they got it right. In the WCE/Coll/Rich mould.

I didn't rate Fagan for him not having any real AFL experience, that was a huge negative in my eyes, and the fact is he was in charge when the camp happened and was in charge of the fake review.... so I think him leaving is a huge thing.
I don't always understand why some Power supporters bang on about the 'fake' review?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It WAS fake in so much as it scoped out the board and admin, but the board spun it as reflecting well on them. Plenty of our own supporters say that, not just Port supporters.
Not sure it was fake as such, both Chappy and Fagan did read the room.

It WAS fake in so much as it scoped out the board and admin, but the board spun it as reflecting well on them. Plenty of our own supporters say that, not just Port supporters.
The thing I don't get is what some people expected?

As a direct result of the turmoil and the review Pyke, Burton, Camporeale pretty much left immediately.

Mathew Nicks and then Adam Kelly were appointed by late October and late December respectively. Dan Jackson was also appointed into a player welfare role.

This off-season we started with new additions to the coaching panel in Scott Burns, James Rahilly and Nathan Van Berlo. The club has also added Marco Bello into a senior development role. Hart and Mattner have gone, Reilly has returned to development and Godden to the SANFL.

There have been changes in high performance including the club looking to poach Darren Burgess. Steve Saunders has gone to Geelong and been replaced with an associate of Burgess's.

The list has changed from 1 of the oldest to the youngest list in competition in the space of 2 draft and trade periods.

Additionally from the executive Nigel Smart and now Andrew Fagan have moved on. John Olsen has replaced Rob Chapman as chair of the board.

Personally I think it'd be naive to think Chapman and Fagan didn't see the writing on the wall 18 months ago and probably stage managed their own departures while a large part of this change was in process.

Really, that is an incredible amount of change essentially all in the space of 18 months.

Back