Andrew Lovett vs Colin Sylvia

Remove this Banner Ad

He has better stats, he's 3 years younger, you admit he could be potentially better, yet say that it's still a poor comparison ?

You're making little sense. And I'm being kind.

FFS... SYLVIA'S POSSESSIONS ARE NOT AS VALUABLE AS LOVETT'S AND THEIR POSSESSION NUMBERS ARE SIMILAR WITH LOVETT BEING TAGGED... How many times does it need to be said before you can comprehend it?

Also comparing stats is pointless as its all relative.

FFS... SYLVIA'S POSSESSIONS ARE NOT AS VALUABLE AS LOVETT'S AND THEIR POSSESSION NUMBERS ARE SIMILAR WITH LOVETT BEING TAGGED... How many times does it need to be said before you can comprehend it?

Are you for real?

:confused:

Sylvia has kicked 1 more goal than Lovett this year, in one less game.

Also takes 7 marks a game compared to 3.

Case closed.

Why are Essendon supporters still posting in this thread? Obviously Lovett is far better than Slyvia, there is no point in satisfying the troll. Let him live in his world of delusion.

Lovett easily, has way more attention paid to him by the opposition and he only needs 15 or so touches to make an impact.

I'm a fan of Sylvia and always have been but the majority of his possessions aren't at all damaging.

FFS... SYLVIA'S POSSESSIONS ARE NOT AS VALUABLE AS LOVETT'S AND THEIR POSSESSION NUMBERS ARE SIMILAR WITH LOVETT BEING TAGGED... QUOTE]

You really should try and calm down.

Why are Lovett's possessions more valuable ?

And why do you think that Sylvia is left to just roam around without an opponent ? He's playing 60% half forward - where I assume he has an opponent, and 40% midfield. He's extremely damaging with his disposal, so why would opposition coaches give him a free rein ? Answer - they don't.

Here are Sylvia's stats over the last 4 weeks:

24 disposals 1 goal
37 disposals 4 goals
24 disposals 1 goal
32 disposals 3 goals

Average 29.3 disposals 2.3 goals per match from his last month of footy.

So yeah - sure, he's just left to run around unchecked. Because the opposition coaches are stupid and don't do their homework.

(spare me the hissy fit caps in your reply)

Lovett is easily in front.
This Grandmaster is obviously a troll and you Bomber supporters are just biting.
Lay off it.

Ah u have to be kidding right... Lovett can actually RUN im pretty sure my grandmother could out run sylvia... he is slow. And has no impact? im pretty sure that he started the ANZAC day spark... what does sylvia do,? List clog and then play the occasional ok game.... Leigh brown is laughing at him.... Honestly u wouldnt know jack about footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah u have to be kidding right... Lovett can actually RUN im pretty sure my grandmother could out run sylvia... he is slow. And has no impact? im pretty sure that he started the ANZAC day spark... what does sylvia do,? List clog and then play the occasional ok game.... Leigh brown is laughing at him.... Honestly u wouldnt know jack about footy

You really are a dill.

Sylvia is far from slow. The same cannot be said about you.

You really should try and calm down.

Why are Lovett's possessions more valuable ?

And why do you think that Sylvia is left to just roam around without an opponent ? He's playing 60% half forward - where I assume he has an opponent, and 40% midfield. He's extremely damaging with his disposal, so why would opposition coaches give him a free rein ? Answer - they don't.

Here are Sylvia's stats over the last 4 weeks:

24 disposals 1 goal
37 disposals 4 goals
24 disposals 1 goal
32 disposals 3 goals

Average 29.3 disposals 2.3 goals per match from his last month of footy.

So yeah - sure, he's just left to run around unchecked. Because the opposition coaches are stupid and don't do their homework.

Only reason for caps is emphasizing that the point has been made multiple times before in this thread, yet you seem to ignore it...:cool:

Sylvia had Toovey playing on him today, no where near the standard of a Cornes, Rawlings or Crowley. Today was probably not the best example as Malthouse rarely plays a tag, but did on Lovett in Barham, not a great player but a tagger none the less.

Sylvias foot skills are good -very good, but I'm actually surprised you are defending this one, Lovett is argueably the best at delivering at full pace, also up there in the top few with the ability to draw players to the best position with leading kicks.

You seem happy to talk stats when they are practically even when its all relative to influence. Analysis games not numbers.

Sylvias foot skills are good -very good, but I'm actually surprised you are defending this one, Lovett is argueably the best at delivering at full pace, also up there in the top few with the ability to draw players to the best position with leading kicks.

You seem happy to talk stats when they are practically even when its all relative to influence. Analysis games not numbers.

I'm defending the comparison of the two players.

It's very reasonable despite your biased protestations.

I'm defending the comparison of the two players.

It's very reasonable despite your biased protestations.

I'll admit statistically they are evenly matched, on influence they are not. Yet you seem more interested in stats. Here is a statistic for you, only one non-Melbourne supporter has voted Sylvia... suggests what is fact is closer to my bias opinion than yours ;)

Truth hurts hey kiddies?

Lovett is an accumulator of cheap kicks, and has no impact.

I thought he was a goalkicker, yet when I saw that he has kicked less goals than Sylvia despite playing one more game, well its safe to say I had a good laugh.

Lovett is a shit footy player, but he is great at domestic violence.

Really, critical final quarter goals against Carlton (constantly). His run through the middle to steal ANZAC Day from Collingwood. Just to name a couple of instances. How about you actually watch an Essendon game, because you are clearly clueless. Lovett has set up plenty of goals theis season also if you must raise his impact. In fact, he has probably had as much impact on Essendon games as anyone this year, bar Jobe and Winderlich.

I'll admit statistically they are evenly matched, on influence they are not. Yet you seem more interested in stats. Here is a statistic for you, only one non-Melbourne supporter has voted Sylvia... suggests what is fact is closer to my bias opinion than yours ;)

It takes a while for peoples perceptions to change. At the beginning of the year I would have thought the comparison to be a very poor one. Currently it's far from poor, and by the end of the year I suspect that most will realise it.

And your assertions that Lovett's influence is miles ahead of Sylvias is bordering on troll behaviour. Sylvia is a great kick and makes good decisions when he has the footy. Obviously he's playing in a poor team, but his influence when he has the ball is excellent.

It takes a while for peoples perceptions to change. At the beginning of the year I would have thought the comparison to be a very poor one. Currently it's far from poor, and by the end of the year I suspect that most will realise it.

And your assertions that Lovett's influence is miles ahead of Sylvias is bordering on troll behaviour. Sylvia is a great kick and makes good decisions when he has the footy. Obviously he's playing in a poor team, but his influence when he has the ball is excellent.

Lovett's ability to influence games with few disposals is in the top echelon, and to suggest Sylvia is on the same level, IS troll behavior and I CBF arguing as you clearly have limited comprehension of the game.

Lovett's ability to influence games with few disposals is in the top echelon, and to suggest Sylvia is on the same level, IS troll behavior and I CBF arguing as you clearly have limited comprehension of the game.

Phew, I thought I'd get the CAPS attack.

Where do I say that his influence is presently on the "same level" ?

Comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it ? Read what's written, not what you'd like to read.

Phew, I thought I'd get the CAPS attack.

Where do I say that his influence is presently on the "same level" ?

Comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it ? Read what's written, not what you'd like to read.

Who gives a ****, you were insinuating that they were on similar levels. This is going around in circles, we should agree to disagree.

Sylvia has the better skillset, because he's so strong in basically every area (tackling, marking, kicking, handballing, imposing himself physically etc he is very good at all of these things) but Lovett does one or two things at an extremely high level (kicking on the run, running) and has been doing it longer.

mind you, if Sylvia's current form actually keeps up, this poll is going to look laughable by the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Lovett vs Colin Sylvia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back