Andrew McGrath Rising Star Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahaha you should have a look at the 'number of days since Essendon last won a final' Facebook page.

"16 flags mate" lmao

Yeah, I've never really understood the glee with which the founding clubs count their flags won back when most people alive at the time are now dead.

Especially when you consider flags were so easy to win back then, that Fitzroy were able to win the flag and the spoon in the same year.

Seems the consensus is that we should start the count when INSERT_NAME_OF_TEAM_I_SUPPORT joined the competition.

Yeah, I've never really understood the glee with which the founding clubs count their flags won back when most people alive at the time are now dead.

Especially when you consider flags were so easy to win back then, that Fitzroy were able to win the flag and the spoon in the same year.

Seems the consensus is that we should start the count when INSERT_NAME_OF_TEAM_I_SUPPORT joined the competition.
If it wasn't for these founding clubs your Dickhead teams wouldn't even be playing AFL

If it wasn't for these founding clubs your Dickhead teams wouldn't even be playing AFL

And for that their founders should be proud. Flags won when you could win the wooden spoon and the flag in the same year, or numerous other oddities from the pre-Charlie Chaplin era, perhaps not so much.

Ive been alive for 12. Seen 10. But Ive seen more Rising Star winners go on to average careers. Particularly in recent years when moron selectors were influenced by stats because they dont understand the game. Plus Mafia.
I couldn’t give a shit about the rising star or the Dick measuring contest taking place here. What I do confidently believe is that Andy McGrath will be no Rhys Palmer. I also hope that Burton goes on to have a fantastic career at his new club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back