News Andrew Russell leaves Hawks to join Blues, effective immediately - No trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

JR’s contract has always been aligned to Clarko’s, so I’d expect he’s made a call when Clarko was about to agree to his new extension to review his own, given he’s been at HFC now since 2005 his career would or should progress - Clarko chose to stay for another term at HFC, JR has chosen not to extend beyond 2019 so I’d say the consideration whilst under contract is as much about his desire to change of environment and progress - he’s most likely said ‘for the first time’ I’m not sure my contract alignment with Clarko’s will go beyond 2019 which has brought on a full discussion. Nothing sinister in any of that and wish him all the best, a kick in effect around players coming or going highly unlikely IMO.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

JR’s contract has always been aligned to Clarko’s, so I’d expect he’s made a call when Clarko was about to agree to his new extension to review his own, given he’s been at HFC now since 2005 his career would or should progress - Clarko chose to stay for another term at HFC, JR has chosen not to extend beyond 2019 so I’d say the consideration whilst under contract is as much about his desire to change of environment and progress - he’s most likely said ‘for the first time’ I’m not sure my contract alignment with Clarko’s will go beyond 2019 which has brought on a full discussion. Nothing sinister in any of that and wish him all the best, a kick in effect around players coming or going highly unlikely IMO.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Exactly. Some of us Hawk fans have this idea in their head that no one is ever allowed to move on from our great club. The sun will rise tomorrow either way.

"Yeah look Birch was able to go to the toilet unassisted the other day which is really pleasing. We hope he can progress to ball work in the coming years."

Do we have a possible return date for Birch Jack.
That’s an interesting one Han but we are certainly looking at a return towards the end of the season perhaps first week of finals.
As the camera pans back towards Hannah to wrap up you can see her thinking WTF Jack it’s the first week of the Finals this week.

Could this rumored AR move be a change in direction from our club with regard to player conditioning. We have for years been striping weight of players all the while lamenting not being able to put meaningful size and bulk on our developing key position stocks, could we be looking to add size to our players and play a more contested brand of footy? Would this run against what AR feels to be the right way to develop players?

Wrong thread for this but seems to be discussed here nonetheless .

Exactly. Some of us Hawk fans have this idea in their head that no one is ever allowed to move on from our great club. The sun will rise tomorrow either way.

I don't it's the what that make people reacted this way but the how it's delivered.

I didn't think it was possible, but some posters are jumping to even bigger conclusions re Jack than Shiel.

Has Jack or the club announced he is going to Carltank? For that matter has the club even announced he is leaving? Sure, it seems highly likely given Smithys comments, but how about we calm the farm until we know legitimate facts rather than getting all pissy over speculation.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could this rumored AR move be a change in direction from our club with regard to player conditioning. We have for years been striping weight of players all the while lamenting not being able to put meaningful size and bulk on our developing key position stocks, could we be looking to add size to our players and play a more contested brand of footy? Would this run against what AR feels to be the right way to develop players?

Wrong thread for this but seems to be discussed here nonetheless .

I agree with you mate, our average weight as a team has always been in the bottom few since AR took over... getting someone in who places more emphasis on power and strength may be just what we need, I hope that’s the case anyway.

It's getting to the point where we have to start putting no poach clauses into contracts should someone move on - it's beyond ridiculous.

The irony is the AFL hated us winning so often, yet our DNA is all over the comp and has been pivotal in its evening up.
If you do that then you are no longer a destination club. Restrict of trade clauses are never viewed positively in the market. People come to Hawthorn because we are strong enough to let you go if you don't want to be around and willing to educate other and help the competition as a whole. That makes us more powerful than any club in the league.

It hurts you in competing with other clubs because now they know and so they will use that to highlight a potential gap. The Hawks may well have told Shiel in confidence but you don't want to show your hand to your competitors. Smith needs to learn about business negotiations and the importance of perception to your competitors.
What that we're now equal with the playing field? It's pointless in discussing until we learn where AR is going and who is replacing him at Hawthorn, he's not the only good head of fitness in the world. Relax.

It's getting to the point where we have to start putting no poach clauses into contracts should someone move on - it's beyond ridiculous.
This goes against what Clarkson said in his opening speech. We, as a club, take people in and provide them with an environment to improve. When they get an opportunity to further improve we facilitate them to move. It is counter intuitive but it creates loyalty for people to come to our club. We also get access to better candidates cause they know that our system will improve them and they will assisted if an opportunity arises.

I think that Russell is going to GWS and the conversation started with the Clarko/Gil coffee. Gil needs GWS to be successful and all the injuries doesn't help the cause. I reckon he broached the idea with Clarkson over the coffee cause he respects how we do things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This goes against what Clarkson said in his opening speech. We, as a club, take people in and provide them with an environment to improve. When they get an opportunity to further improve we facilitate them to move. It is counter intuitive but it creates loyalty for people to come to our club. We also get access to better candidates cause they know that our system will improve them and they will assisted if an opportunity arises.

I think that Russell is going to GWS and the conversation started with the Clarko/Gil coffee. Gil needs GWS to be successful and all the injuries doesn't help the cause. I reckon he broached the idea with Clarkson over the coffee cause he respects how we do things.

Did Gill offer to have dinner with Dylan again

Doing a good job of burning bridges is Bolts.
He's getting desperate. Desperate short people with his smile are dangerous.

On reflection Clarko's speech was a bit of a warning to the AFL and other teams. He was saying the Hawks are sick of people stealing their personnel and that they can't develop their own talent so have to steal it.

Re Russell, it’s Carlton. Locked.

What that we're now equal with the playing field? It's pointless in discussing until we learn where AR is going and who is replacing him at Hawthorn, he's not the only good head of fitness in the world. Relax.
How are we equal with everyone else if he is leaving and we haven't announced a replacement? That says we are behind in a critical time of the year. Before preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Andrew Russell leaves Hawks to join Blues, effective immediately - No trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back