News Andrew Russell leaves Hawks to join Blues, effective immediately - No trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it is late, but this Andrew Russell news is devastating. Going to Carlton even worse. BUT, the timing is appalling and naive and frankly unprofessional we have not controlled the agenda.
I want to know what we have done to defend.
This wil have significant outcomes.

Smitty heard saying..."WOT, me?"

Hilarious%20drunk%20girls%20pic_zpsaoqmok0c.png

I know it is late, but this Andrew Russell news is devastating. Going to Carlton even worse. BUT, the timing is appalling and naive and frankly unprofessional we have not controlled the agenda.
Not sure what you would expect the club to do in this situation. No point in smoke and mirrors.

We find the best person to take us forward.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

The one thing that comes from the Shiel saga is it reminds me of how much I ******* hate Carlton... the last decade has seen that hatred become dormant... I have loved watching them flounder due to their own hubris.
I hadn’t forgotten, knew it was only a matter of time before they would pull out the chequebook tactics again. I mean, a few years after their salary cap breach issue, they were already finding ways around the system with their Visy deal for Judd.

Last edited:

No mention from Clarko in his speech after 14 years of impeccable service and 4 flags.

This is war mate.

Bolts the little hobbit, he has 1 more year before his tin arse is back in Tassie state league and Jack is left with a even bigger shit hole than his walking into now.

If jack wants to bo then he can go, without doubt we will have someone absolutely world class in my mind, this role as far as professional sports in Australia goes is about as good as it gets.

But on Izzy, he needs a clip around the ears, he loves to put his face in front of the cameras and listen to himself, but he also needs to know his boundaries. It may sway Shiel to Carlton, can you imagine if Shiel references the fact they poached AR? This place would melt

Bolts the little hobbit, he has 1 more year before his tin arse is back in Tassie state league and Jack is left with a even bigger shit hole than his walking into now.

If jack wants to bo then he can go, without doubt we will have someone absolutely world class in my mind, this role as far as professional sports in Australia goes is about as good as it gets.

But on Izzy, he needs a clip around the ears, he loves to put his face in front of the cameras and listen to himself, but he also needs to know his boundaries. It may sway Shiel to Carlton, can you imagine if Shiel references the fact they poached AR? This place would melt

Can you imagine Clarko??

His silence on this is absolutely deafening.

You don't think Carlton would be already using it as a sell....whether Izzy let it out of the bag or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just laughed very loudly at this “Bolts the little hobbit” Very very funny.

It’s business mate and just like us doing covert operations to convince players to come to our club the same is happening to us.

You are right, Carlton have been a mess for a long time but they have 18 first round picks on there list so I am sure Russell is licking his lips at working with that potential as well.

No mention from Clarko in his speech after 14 years of impeccable service and 4 flags.

This is war mate.
That’s the interesting part for mine (no mention from Clarko). Oh well, high end staff are poached from successful clubs all the time. The difference between those clubs that have short windows of success and those that maintain it for longer periods is the understanding that things like this happen and they plan accordingly.
In the current climate 14 years is an eternity for service at one club. Good luck to the man on his next challenge.

Could this mean that Bupa reports become more truthful?

Nah.:rolleyes:

Assuming the leak is correct, we have to consider that Jack has been at the Hawks since 2005 which is a lengthy stay by AFL standards. He has done a wonderful job and I cannot condemn him if he wants to move on for a new challenge. It is probably a good time to get in new blood for the challenges ahead in Clarko's next 4 years. Nothing lasts forever.
Thanks for your contribution to the club Jack and good luck in your future endeavours.

Last edited:
There are more Jack Russel’s out there guys and the Hawks have a fantastic record of either developing these types of people or finding them
Who wouldn’t want to come to an organisation that is filtered with success on every level - on and off the field
Are we sure he’s off the Carlton? I did hear a whisper last week that Ratts was attempting to get him over to the Saints. Lethelean did say they had more announcements to make also
I’d much rather him at the Saints than the Blues!!

Hk89's nailed it - letting slip that our High Performance Coach isn't going to be at Hawthorn next year is potentially a huge blow for trading in players with a history of injuries. I sincerely hope Shiel knew about this prior to making his decision.

I'm still in shock, tbh - we're THE team to get to to give players the best chance of playing healthy football. I hope we've got someone lined up.

Yeah losing Andrew Russell isn’t ideal, but my thinking is, we are Hawthorn. We have Clarko. Until 2022. We will be fine.
Overall tonight’s news is a net positive. Besides, I’m sure we won’t be bringing in some dud.
As far as I can tell, it means that the only person on the coaching/playing staff that remains from Clarko’s first year as coach is Roughy.
Hopefully we can see them lift up the cup next year before Roughy rides off into the sunset.
Also congrats to Titch, never in doubt :)

if we employ another Bohdan Babijczuk we're screwed.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Andrew Russell leaves Hawks to join Blues, effective immediately - No trolling

Remove this Banner Ad

Back