Angus Johnson is not the answer

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnson's letter (email) to members was a rambling, incoherent appalling load of management bull-speak. Really piss poor and ultimately focussed on himself as having to make a very difficult and personal decision. Probably the most incompetent chairman in the AFL. I have emailed him to tell him what I think. The thought of Vossy being at another club and coaching against us makes me feel sick.

Watching Angus talk reminds me strongly of the old superannuation ads with Bernie Fraser

"It's the super of the future"

cd84186a-cc1c-11e1-b3af-1f2a4da763b0_150156820--236x197_5_0_2544404759--646x363.jpg

Angus Johnson as chairman is a bit like the mule with a spinning wheel. No one knows how he got it, and danged if he knows how to use it!

Angus Johnson as chairman is a bit like the mule with a spinning wheel. No one knows how he got it, and danged if he knows how to use it!

Sacking coaches prematurely sure put Richmond, Melbourne and North Haverbrook on the map.

Whenever people get defensive as he did when answering questions, you know they're feeling guilty. His attitude is really indicative of the administration's mentality when dealing with criticism, particularly from members. The bit about "the members can always vote us out" is pretty rich - the constitution is drafted to make that virtually impossible - and anyway, we can't even get a voice on the jumper let alone a regime change.

So HOW do we vote them out? I'm a member and their lack of respect and the messiness in how they didn't re-sign Voss is deplorable and a laughing stock and don't even get me started on the jumper.

Not feeling so emotional today , so I just watched that press conferance.
In my opinion Angus looked very nervous and quite emotional.
Don't know the man at all but it appears to have taken a toll on him.
Just comes across as very quiet with not much personality.
Certainly doesnt look like an evil man.
Maybe poorly advised, I dunno.

Vossy was pure class and has obviously had time over the past 6 weeks ,to come to terms with what may happen.
22 years is a long time to be at any club,it is going to be pretty strange for a while.
Not just for him, but us too and the players.

Hope he gives himself a good break and time to spend with his family, before he makes any decision on his future.
Life goes on and changes happen.
This was badly managed ,but pretty sure Vossy will move on in time and only have good memories.
As we all will,hopefully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Angus Johnson at 2.42 in this video says "football is a results driven industry"...

A pertinent question then...what results has he and his board delivered?

Really...I honestly can't think of any, yet he and the rest of the board refuse to stand aside or recognise that the club has gone backwards in his and Nash and Williams' tenure.:confused:

In my eyes, what he "who is named in this thread" has done in the past week is to drive a sword into the heart of a team that was finally starting to stand up, he has brought this team to its knees again, and set us back. To me it doesn't matter if he has Ablett, Buddy and Roos all lined up, the way he and the board have treated a club Legend and the club in the past week in my eyes is full of pure contempt and disdain, and I can not explain the pure stupidity. The only response required at this time, that I can envisage, is to remove him and the board that back him from this club.

To be honest I am stunned that our so-called board made up entirely of non-football people would believe such a thing and reiterates how little they have learned as recently as the conclusion to the 09 season.

The belief among the Lions' front office is that the current squad possesses both the necessary balance and talent to develop into a genuine premiership contender, under the right tutelage.

And who are our key forwards supposedly able to deliver on this?:rolleyes:

Link

Definately not their preferred option,hence the lack of action in recent years. The problem is the threepeat, we are a long way down the pecking order from that perspective.

I have felt that to, the three peat combined with wanting GC to succeed means the AFL simply don't give a care about us. The reports before the Friday night game against Collingwood this year is the AFL first sign of wanting to care again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Angus Johnson is not the answer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back