Admin Notice Announcement: Season 38 Sweet FA Administrator

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all,

The committee has reached the end of a competitive admin race in the pursuit to find a replacement Sweet FA Admin for S38. I want to start by acknowledging Elton Johns Wig for his administration and applaud his selflessness in allowing this process to take place under incredibly trying circumstances beyond his control. Wigs will always be a leader in the Sweet FA community and it is bittersweet for us to replace him prematurely, however it is the best outcome for all parties at this time. Our thoughts are with you and your family, Wiggy.

I also want to recognise on behalf of the league and committee the work that ClarkeM has done in stepping in as GM of Qooty to guide the league through the remainder of the Season 37 in Wigs absence, thank you for your sustained efforts and commitment to the league during this period.

On behalf of the committee, I want to acknowledge and thank the candidates for putting their hand up to contend for the role of Sweet FA league administrator for Season 38 - DenieD, The Filth Wizard and ClarkeM.

To echo the words of Kennedy Parker, it is a significant leap of faith to put yourself out there for such a role and present your credentials and vision in front of the community. Anyone putting themselves forward for administration of the league clearly has passion and commitment to making this place better, and for that alone, I think that should be applauded. I believe you have all put forward considered and thoughtful ideas for your own vision for the league moving forward, which have been carefully considered by the leadership groups and broader player base at all 13 clubs.

I want to especially commend the committee room as a whole for your commitment, communication and efficiency in conducting this election. It was vital that all 13 clubs were committed to an agreed process and were able to steer their clubs through to a decision. We have largely been able to achieve what was initially proposed, and believe together we have struck the right balance between deliberation and decision, with the necessary transparency for broader league engagement with their club reps and the candidates themselves.

Thank you also to Mobbs & Wosh for your assistance with tallying the result, I roped you both in but felt it was important for the integrity of the vote.

All 13 clubs have successfully lodged their club votes by the deadline, and we have elected a clear winner by majority preference. I can now announce the next administrator of the Sweet FA is...

The Filth Wizard !!

VN1YvgL.jpg

The Filth Wizard returns to the role for a second stint having led the competition between Seasons 21-23, and becomes just the second Sweet FA Administrator to preside over two terms, joining former teammate Kennedy Parker in a select club. Filthy’s personal record is near peerless, with his standing in the game as a player and a community leader setting him apart from the rest. Having debuted in S16, he has gone on to win no fewer than 15 All-SFA selections, was the all time leader in beez votes until S36 and has captained three clubs in addition to his previous stint as league administrator, famously leading the Gold City Royals to their maiden premiership as skipper in S30. In addition to all of this, Filthy has also been a long term board mod, another mark of his tireless commitment to the league.

During this process, he's promoted a confident & clear vision for the league and his role as Admin, promoting a collaborative environment and guiding hand in fostering a committed and engaged committee to work together with him on league initiatives and general league health, with a specific view to fostering and maintaining strong relationships with committee reps and club LGs direct. There have been no bold election promises given the nature of this process, however he has opened the door ajar for a potential 14th side to be welcomed into the competition to address the bye, and specifically targets the league’s 40th season as an opportunity to celebrate the league in style with a season under his belt of working with the committee on initiatives.

With the Sweet FA Admin’s chair vacant as we speak, Filth will step in immediately and no doubt commence planning for Season 38 in earnest with committee given the new season is due to commence by the end of July.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please join me in toasting the incoming Sweet FA Admin for Season 38 and beyond... The Filth Wizard!!

Congratulations Filth 🥂
EBIPTrT.png

Last edited:

The only fill in I had was Ljp86 for literally a week or 2. And I was still in charge, I just gave him permission to make decisions if I was unreachable.
I stand corrected. 👍

Hate, bit of a copy pasta whoopsie on Sweet FA plus bud.

Massive congrats to The Filth Wizard as he enters his second term leading the SFA, heartfelt appreciation for ClarkeM for all his efforts to lead us through the season just passed, huge admiration to DenieD for stepping up and putting his hat in the ring along with Clarke & Filthy, and big love to Elton Johns Wig for the journey ahead - we're all with you.

But there's one more mazel tov to mazel - to TheInjuryFactory for taking the reins of the election process in his interim admin role and, along with the rest of the Committee, running it with military precision. Swiss watches ain't got sh*t on you!

Sweet, this is Democracy Manifest!

1719965607805.png

Massive congrats to The Filth Wizard as he enters his second term leading the SFA, heartfelt appreciation for ClarkeM for all his efforts to lead us through the season just passed, huge admiration to DenieD for stepping up and putting his hat in the ring along with Clarke & Filthy, and big love to Elton Johns Wig for the journey ahead - we're all with you.

But there's one more mazel tov to mazel - to TheInjuryFactory for taking the reins of the election process in his interim admin role and, along with the rest of the Committee, running it with military precision. Swiss watches ain't got sh*t on you!

Sweet, this is Democracy Manifest!

View attachment 2037315
Yeah well done TheInjuryFactory you got sh*t done.

Awesome result! Happy to offer my help to the league and equally happy to not help just as well, so feeling relieved and comfortable knowing I can relinquish that expectation.

On ya The Filth Wizard!

Thanks TheInjuryFactory and Committee - onwards and upwards

You never wanted it anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had 3 strong and diverse candidates which was excellent to see.
Thanks to you all for putting your hand up to steer our beloved community into the future 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Best wishes to Elton Johns Wig, we all hope to see more of you around again some day. Take care.

Club F and Club J should be removed from the competition immediately.
Now hang on a minute, that would still have an odd number of teams and we'd still have the bye. Why don't we merge those teams and they can elect me as leader of this newfound club?

Happy Lets Go GIF by Shalita Grant

And an extra big thanks to TheInjuryFactory for running a clean and efficient process, voted in by committee he once again took on a required task.
We can all just move forward now and get back to playing qooty and having fun 🤙🏻

Well I think I was expecting the announcement a little later so will respond off one coffee only *sips coffee

I am proud of the chance to lead this committee again as admin. It's been nearly ten years since I was last in the role and I feel like I've learned a lot since then about how the Sweet FA has shifted into its current incarnation (I probably haven't learnt much about attachments though, for the old fogies that love that joke).

I am proud of the efforts put in by both ClarkeM and DenieD. These were both legitimate contenders and either would have been worthy admins for the coming seasons. I can only applaud Clarkey for his efforts closing out the season after the tragic personal circumstances for Elton Johns Wig occurred and he most certainly got the taste of the role. This is a guy that has been here since Season 8 if you ever want to talk about loyalty and love for a community. Den also needs to be taken seriously. I don't think he got enough respect but he shows the important detachment we need to make between league persona and RL/behind the scenes work. His platform was worthy and he has shown his passion for the role, I hope he holds that come the end of my second wind.

I am proud of this committee I am joining. This was a quick and painless process for all involved. I'm not even sure a week ago I was running this race which is testament to the efficiency needed. Of course this is in no small part to the organisation put forward by TheInjuryFactory (side note who would have been a worthy entrant himself) leading the leaders to get this done painlessly. Special shout outs to Mobbs and Wosh for their assistance in the voting process. To the committee I will be in there soon once the dust settles and we can look to advance with the hard work already put forward to Season 38. I thank all those that voted, for me and not for me. We will work very closely together and certainly erase the doubts some have had.

Finally to Elton Johns Wig, we are all with you, our friend. These are not the circumstances we ever want to make these changes but your hard work is integral in making it a little easier. We hope to have you back soon with all the best news.

Well I think I was expecting the announcement a little later so will respond off one coffee only *sips coffee

I am proud of the chance to lead this committee again as admin. It's been nearly ten years since I was last in the role and I feel like I've learned a lot since then about how the Sweet FA has shifted into its current incarnation (I probably haven't learnt much about attachments though, for the old fogies that love that joke).

I am proud of the efforts put in by both ClarkeM and DenieD. These were both legitimate contenders and either would have been worthy admins for the coming seasons. I can only applaud Clarkey for his efforts closing out the season after the tragic personal circumstances for Elton Johns Wig occurred and he most certainly got the taste of the role. This is a guy that has been here since Season 8 if you ever want to talk about loyalty and love for a community. Den also needs to be taken seriously. I don't think he got enough respect but he shows the important detachment we need to make between league persona and RL/behind the scenes work. His platform was worthy and he has shown his passion for the role, I hope he holds that come the end of my second wind.

I am proud of this committee I am joining. This was a quick and painless process for all involved. I'm not even sure a week ago I was running this race which is testament to the efficiency needed. Of course this is in no small part to the organisation put forward by TheInjuryFactory (side note who would have been a worthy entrant himself) leading the leaders to get this done painlessly. Special shout outs to Mobbs and Wosh for their assistance in the voting process. To the committee I will be in there soon once the dust settles and we can look to advance with the hard work already put forward to Season 38. I thank all those that voted, for me and not for me. We will work very closely together and certainly erase the doubts some have had.

Finally to Elton Johns Wig, we are all with you, our friend. These are not the circumstances we ever want to make these changes but your hard work is integral in making it a little easier. We hope to have you back soon with all the best news.
Not get to work slacker!

My first duty of business is removing the Bombers from the league.
If you want to be the best, you need to beat the best, not remove them from the competition just so you can “win” by participating.

Accept and step up to the challenge, time to put on your big boy pantskyle

Ophidian Old Boys would like to congratulate The Filth Wizard and we look forward to working with you and to ClarkeM we thank you for steering the ship through the storm, great job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back