Admin Notice Announcement: Season 38 Sweet FA Administrator

Remove this Banner Ad

Overwhelm Over It GIF by Eternal Family
You had a good run.

Ladies and gentlemen, uh, we've just lost the picture, but what we've seen speaks for itself.

The Sweet FA has apparently been taken over, 'conquered' if you will, by a master race of giant filth wizards.

It's difficult to tell from this vantage point whether they will consume the captive qootballers or merely enslave them.

One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; The Filth Wizard will soon be here. And I, for one, welcome our new Sweet FA overlord. I'd like to remind The Filth Wizard as a trusted qootballer, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.

1719970488295.png

Congratulations The Filth Wizard

I particularly look forward to the LG PM idea you had in the short term and the S40 celebrations in the longer term.

Thank you again to TheInjuryFactory for stepping in to run this process on top of the mountain of ongoing work with SoO etc and to DenieD and ClarkeM for volunteering too. Both would’ve been worthy choices too.

Bring on S38.

If you want to be the best, you need to beat the best, not remove them from the competition just so you can “win” by participating.

Accept and step up to the challenge, time to put on your big boy pantskyle

I am the best, what is your challenge?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the team at Tandy Electronics, congratulations to The Filth Wizard and thankyou to ClarkeM and DenieD
A 2% store discount will be applied to your next transaction.....valid until 3pm AEST 3/7/24

Hello all,

The committee has reached the end of a competitive admin race in the pursuit to find a replacement Sweet FA Admin for S38. I want to start by acknowledging Elton Johns Wig for his administration and applaud his selflessness in allowing this process to take place under incredibly trying circumstances beyond his control. Wigs will always be a leader in the Sweet FA community and it is bittersweet for us to replace him prematurely, however it is the best outcome for all parties at this time. Our thoughts are with you and your family, Wiggy.

I also want to recognise on behalf of the league and committee the work that ClarkeM has done in stepping in as GM of Qooty to guide the league through the remainder of the Season 37 in Wigs absence, thank you for your sustained efforts and commitment to the league during this period.

On behalf of the committee, I want to acknowledge and thank the candidates for putting their hand up to contend for the role of Sweet FA league administrator for Season 38 - DenieD, The Filth Wizard and ClarkeM.

To echo the words of Kennedy Parker, it is a significant leap of faith to put yourself out there for such a role and present your credentials and vision in front of the community. Anyone putting themselves forward for administration of the league clearly has passion and commitment to making this place better, and for that alone, I think that should be applauded. I believe you have all put forward considered and thoughtful ideas for your own vision for the league moving forward, which have been carefully considered by the leadership groups and broader player base at all 13 clubs.

I want to especially commend the committee room as a whole for your commitment, communication and efficiency in conducting this election. It was vital that all 13 clubs were committed to an agreed process and were able to steer their clubs through to a decision. We have largely been able to achieve what was initially proposed, and believe together we have struck the right balance between deliberation and decision, with the necessary transparency for broader league engagement with their club reps and the candidates themselves.

Thank you also to Mobbs & Wosh for your assistance with tallying the result, I roped you both in but felt it was important for the integrity of the vote.

All 13 clubs have successfully lodged their club votes by the deadline, and we have elected a clear winner by majority preference. I can now announce the next administrator of the Sweet FA is...
The Filth Wizard returns to the role for a second stint having led the competition between Seasons 21-23, and becomes just the second Sweet FA Administrator to preside over two terms, joining former teammate Kennedy Parker in a select club. Filthy’s personal record is near peerless, with his standing in the game as a player and a community leader setting him apart from the rest. Having debuted in S16, he has gone on to win no fewer than 15 All-SFA selections, was the all time leader in beez votes until S36 and has captained three clubs in addition to his previous stint as league administrator, famously leading the Gold City Royals to their maiden premiership as skipper in S30. In addition to all of this, Filthy has also been a long term board mod, another mark of his tireless commitment to the league.

During this process, he's promoted a confident & clear vision for the league and his role as Admin, promoting a collaborative environment and guiding hand in fostering a committed and engaged committee to work together with him on league initiatives and general league health, with a specific view to fostering and maintaining strong relationships with committee reps and club LGs direct. There have been no bold election promises given the nature of this process, however he has opened the door ajar for a potential 14th side to be welcomed into the competition to address the bye, and specifically targets the league’s 40th season as an opportunity to celebrate the league in style with a season under his belt of working with the committee on initiatives.

With the Sweet FA Admin’s chair vacant as we speak, Filth will step in immediately and no doubt commence planning for Season 38 in earnest with committee given the new season is due to commence by the end of July.

Ladies and Gentlemen, please join me in toasting the incoming Sweet FA Admin for Season 38 and beyond... The Filth Wizard!!

Congratulations Filth 🥂
EBIPTrT.png

Congrats, other Wizard! A fine choice to be sure 🍻

Congratulations to The Filth Wizard. I look forward to receiving my season 38 premiership medallion from you.

Thanks to ClarkeM and DenieD for putting their hands up.

Worrying signs that we are recycling admins, nothing against Filth as I think he was the best available candidate.

Good luck Filthy :thumbsu:
Only worrying if we’re ever stupid enough to go back to you

Remove this Banner Ad

Back