Club Legend
Apr 2, 2002
Homerland
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Keep up the good work S.Watt.

Heading towards a Top 10 Finish in the B&F. With another 2/3 point performance on Friday night.

:eek:

Melly017 said:
Keep up the good work S.Watt.

Heading towards a Top 10 Finish in the B&F. With another 2/3 point performance on Friday night.

:eek:

He was good against Hansen.

NorthBoi96 said:
Watt The?
Yep, i've stuck with him through thick and thin.. always had faith in the big fellow.
Onya Watty

I've always said watt was good and also harding.... :rolleyes:

No seriously I admit I was wrong but in saying that I said Harding had the potential and is starting to fill it now.. Still needs to work on his goal kicking which has come along way and I'm sure will improve.

Have had faith in Watt and pleased to see him play well over the last month.

Have been critical of Harding for being ultra soft, but he seems to have gotten rid of that aspect from his game and we're seeing much better play from him as a result.

Suppose - Drew Petrie is the only whipping boy yet to silence his critics with a string of good games.

Let's hope he can do as his other, often maligned team mates have been able to do.

sross said:
In the Captains Bar after the match Shannon Watt was one of the players interviewed by Spider Burton. When introducing him he said ' in my opinion Norths' best player tonight'. I certainly wouldn't have gone that far but he has shown a bit in the last few weeks.
Interesting that Burton is part of the coaching panel so he would have the inside knowledge of any special job that Watt did that we maybe didn't notice.

Call me stubborn and yes he is doing better away from the goals but surely a smart coach would put whoever he,s playing on straight to the goalsquare where one on one he has no idea! By the way i know Lloyd only kicked one goal but he did take 12 marks around the ground on Watt. But saying that , if he continues to improve and do his job consistantly then i'll be happy to jump aboard the Shannon Watt bandwagon. But i'm not on board yet!

Lidge said:
Have had faith in Watt and pleased to see him play well over the last month.

Have been critical of Harding for being ultra soft, but he seems to have gotten rid of that aspect from his game and we're seeing much better play from him as a result.

Suppose - Drew Petrie is the only whipping boy yet to silence his critics with a string of good games.

Let's hope he can do as his other, often maligned team mates have been able to do.

I'd love to see Petrie strike some form, take more grabs and kick some goals... I don't look to be negative, I think Drew got it more than anyone else because he never lost his spot in the side no matter how badly he played.

It is not that we wanted to bag him, we just wanted to give someone else a go because he wasn't really performing.

I think Watt will do well at FB, the main difference is our midfield is far more competitive and more defensive than when he played at FB. I guess there is no need to change while he is doing a good job at CHB.

Petrie keeps getting a game cos he's a big body who puts in. You can't fault his chasing , blocking and tackling. Obviously he needs to get more of the pill himself and improve his disposal but who do we have who is a better option. He fills in Centre half forward and the ruck and even centre half back last year. McKernans his obvious replacement til McIntosh matures but at least Petrie has a brighter future than McKernan. By the way for those in the know, will Chad Jones make the grade or not? Does he have the tools?

daggles said:
Call me stubborn and yes he is doing better away from the goals but surely a smart coach would put whoever he,s playing on straight to the goalsquare where one on one he has no idea! By the way i know Lloyd only kicked one goal but he did take 12 marks around the ground on Watt. But saying that , if he continues to improve and do his job consistantly then i'll be happy to jump aboard the Shannon Watt bandwagon. But i'm not on board yet!
I thought Leigh Brown played on Lloyd and Watt played on Lucas.

daggles said:
By the way for those in the know, will Chad Jones make the grade or not? Does he have the tools?
I believe he will make it. It may not be in the next 2 years, but if he stays injury-free and can put on some weight, I think he definitely has the tools to be a regular senior player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Another week, another egg in the face!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back