Anti-AFL thread - post here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by MagpiePower
What are you on about? Answer the question? What does the N in NRL stand for? After all it is your so-called game that uses that terminology not us in AFL. We just call your game crap!

National! Our strongholds are over 50% of the population... WHats your point? Having one team in the biggest state in AUstralia and the fastest growing state in Australia isn't much... Whats the A in AFL stand for? its a victorian game not Australian game...

Originally posted by LebaneseForces
People in brisbane are bandwagon Lions supporters not AFL supporters

How do you explain the dismal crowds for the Broncos. Bandwagon supporters perhaps?

National! Our strongholds are over 50% of the population... WHats your point? Having one team in the biggest state in AUstralia and the fastest growing state in Australia isn't much... Whats the A in AFL stand for? its a victorian game not Australian game...

Australian Football League with teams from most States excpet Tassie, but that will happen. Your National Team is all NSW with a couple from QLD and 1 Vic team...yeah real National.

As for being the largest State all your nrl teams in NSW do not even get the numbers that beat the big games in Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth etc. When has an nrl game had 40,000 people at just one game, excluding your boring Grand Finals?

When has an nrl game had 40,000 people at just one game, excluding your boring Grand Finals?

That's the idea behind NRL double headers at Stadium Australia. RL is still lucky to attract 25,000 even with thousands of free tickets handed out at the Easter Show :D

Originally posted by Beaussie
That's the idea behind NRL double headers at Stadium Australia. RL is still lucky to attract 25,000 even with thousands of free tickets handed out at the Easter Show :D

The biggest fraud going in this country is the claim that nrl has support!

Don't rugby players also rape intellectually disabled women as what happened to that poor lady in Queensland?

*Sigh :rolleyes:

First of all it's Rugby League or League. Rugby is the ****ty slow one.

Well i suppose i have to mention some AFL allegations. Because you have brought up un-founded claims.......... AFL isnt clean, take the blinfold off

AFL Allegations

-Abblet (God himself)- gives an eccy to a lady that dies as a result
-2 St kilda players rape scandal
-other various players spike a ladies drink and assult her then pay $200000 to cover up the claim
- 2 Carlton players turn up drugged up to training
-some player bashes his girlfriend up

There's more out there, both codes have had probs
AFL isn't squeeky clean like you may think.

And the Canterbury Bulldogs will probably be cleared of thier problem, but will always be clouded because of how the media handled it.

Australian Football League with teams from most States excpet Tassie, but that will happen. Your National Team is all NSW with a couple from QLD and 1 Vic team...yeah real National.
It also has the A.C.T.
...and i was hoping i could leave this topic alone. :mad: Am I the only one on this board who likes both RL and AR?

Mickey there is one word to describe you:
idiot.

there are a few reasons why there have been no accusations in union

1. media - union has the media on its side
2. popularity - a union scandal wouldnt sell any more papers because in the end no one cares for it.

this is opposed to league for both of them and afl for just the popularity part.

Originally posted by holc
Mickey there is one word to describe you:
idiot.

there are a few reasons why there have been no accusations in union

1. media - union has the media on its side
2. popularity - a union scandal wouldnt sell any more papers because in the end no one cares for it.

this is opposed to league for both of them and afl for just the popularity part.
No offence but the Brumbies get more media exposure here in Canberra than what League does. Radio air play, TV news, crowd numbers. I have no idea why you brought accusations into your post when I was referring to the Brumbies being bigger than the Faiders in Canberra.

Mate when the Rabbitohs play good they will have a huge average... i mean they win 2 games in a row and half the crowd at Parramatta Stadium are Rabbitohs supporters... The atmosphere was amazing... With the game being delayed too get the people into the ground (Amazing scenes).
But unfirtunately Souths have had nothing too cheer about for YEARS!!!!
When the Swans are goin crap their averages drop of dramatically...

isnt this the definition of a bandwagon supporter??

Someone who only follows the team when it is doing well?

so how can you class those people rugby fans, yet reckon the people who follow the Lions are only lions fans, not AFL fans?

internal logic is inconsistant here LF

Bandwagon supporters of teams are in all codes.

The difference is that the people who follow the Swans don't watch other AFL matches on TV if the Swans are going badly, they stop watching. Actually, they don't watch other matches period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by E.A.
The difference is that the people who follow the Swans don't watch other AFL matches on TV if the Swans are going badly, they stop watching. Actually, they don't watch other matches period.
and you know this how? Do you know every Swans fan?

Thanks Littleduck. There's physical evidence too.

If the Swans blockbuster semi last year drew 70,000 at the match and 200,000 on TV in Sydney, they have to make a Grand Final to do better than that. 200,000 is pathetic. No Friday night Rugby League matches that I've seen rate lower than 200,000 and the Swans match was a live semi-final.

Also, the only ratings I could find for a non-Swans match in Sydney rated less than 50,000. That's **** poor for anything let alone an AFL match.

Where are the Swans supporters?

They're not here.

The least attended club board in bigfooty is the Swans board.

We'll put out an APB on them shall we?

"Keep an eye out for ANYONE wearing a Red and White AFL top".

Originally posted by E.A.
Bandwagon supporters of teams are in all codes.

yet you are counting people who only follow souths when they are having a good year as RL supporters, when obviously they only follow souths.

This is the inconsistancy i am talking about.

If you want to class people who watch the lions as bandwagon supporters, you have to do the same with all teams in both codes.

It is a pointless and fruitless argument.

Originally posted by Mickey
No offence but the Brumbies get more media exposure here in Canberra than what League does. Radio air play, TV news, crowd numbers. I have no idea why you brought accusations into your post when I was referring to the Brumbies being bigger than the Faiders in Canberra.

thats why all the local news in and around canberra always leads off in the sports with the raiders.

In actual fact, the Raiders are ahead on aggregate crowds, and at least a dozen times ahead in radio talk and column inches over the season.

Fact is Brumbies play 6 home games (plus finals) in a half season comp.
Fact is Raiders play 13 home games (plus finals) in a full season comp.

Therefore, it is impossible for the Brumbies to overtake the Raiders.

Originally posted by littleduck
In actual fact, the Raiders are ahead on aggregate crowds, and at least a dozen times ahead in radio talk and column inches over the season.

Fact is Brumbies play 6 home games (plus finals) in a half season comp.
Fact is Raiders play 13 home games (plus finals) in a full season comp.

Therefore, it is impossible for the Brumbies to overtake the Raiders.
Do you buy the Canberra Times and listen to Canberra radio from Brisbane, thats impressive.

If S12 was a full 22 round season, crowds for the brumbies would tower over the aggregate crowds for the Faiders.

Do you buy the Canberra Times and listen to Canberra radio from Brisbane, thats impressive.
For the Brumbies to dominate Canberra over the whole season, would mean each individual Brumbies game is more than twice as popular in terms of tv ratings, attendance, merchandise sales, column inches etc.

If S12 was a full 22 round season, crowds for the brumbies would tower over the aggregate crowds for the Faiders.
Probably..

Nah, they wouldn't.

The only smart thing that Union does apart from a World Cup every 12 years in Australia is starve their fans of top line Union.

AFL and League heartlands get 100 or more top line matches to see every year, Union heartlands get 6 or 7 and maybe a couple more if they make the semis.

There's no comparison, Union couldn't compete on the level that the AFL and NRL work at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back