Anti Ross Lyon Ethos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross comes to the club, first thing he notices?

Players are running the training. Not the coach, the players.

Grant was the worst thing to happen to this footy club, if we had Ross in 2004/5/6 we would've gotten at the very very least one flag.

I'm not here to defend GT, but your last statement is silly. Thomas was not the worst, simply not quite the best. Also Ross in 04/05/06 is equivalent to saying if we had Harvey playing in 09 or 2010. Wasn't going to happen.

Anyway, I still say we're a shot this year until it's mathematically impossibe to make the 8. Haven't had to say that in a while.

Thomas had his pro's and cons. Pretty sure David Misson would have helped his team perform, and I dont think his ego quite stretched as far as thinking he was a conditioning manager.

Recruiting under his supervison was up and down.
He did well in the early picks , but there was a lot of trading and drafting of experienced players, probably worse than Lyon's imfamous recycling.

Heath Black ( P17), Trent Knobel ( 45), Barry Brooks (6 + 31), Penny ( 17 ), Stephen Powell ( Pre-Season), Allan Murray , Brent Guerra (39) , Cain Ackland (33), Mark McGough (49), Fergus Watts(17), Rix (45).

Thats 13 draft picks for 12 players, many who were never going to be more than depth players. And also not that most of those picks were not the kind of bargains Ross found, ( Such as Schnieder+Dempster for pick 26 - King for pick 90, Ray for a draft pick downgrade )

The lack of young players coming through forced Lyon to continue topping up, but I think he did it in a more balanced manner, and used the rookie list better.

Thomas had his pro's and cons. Pretty sure David Misson would have helped his team perform, and I dont think his ego quite stretched as far as thinking he was a conditioning manager.

Recruiting under his supervison was up and down.
He did well in the early picks , but there was a lot of trading and drafting of experienced players, probably worse than Lyon's imfamous recycling.

Heath Black ( P17), Trent Knobel ( 45), Barry Brooks (6 + 31), Penny ( 17 ), Stephen Powell ( Pre-Season), Allan Murray , Brent Guerra (39) , Cain Ackland (33), Mark McGough (49), Fergus Watts(17), Rix (45).

Thats 13 draft picks for 12 players, many who were never going to be more than depth players. And also not that most of those picks were not the kind of bargains Ross found, ( Such as Schnieder+Dempster for pick 26 - King for pick 90, Ray for a draft pick downgrade )

The lack of young players coming through forced Lyon to continue topping up, but I think he did it in a more balanced manner, and used the rookie list better.

these 2 stand out like dogs balls!! :mad:

these 2 stand out like dogs balls!! :mad:

LOL all we hear about lately is the Lovett thing, but even he didnt cost pick 6 + , and at least when he was gone he was gone, we didnt have him hanging round the club doing potato impersonations.
( In fact the Lovett trade for 16 seems very close to the Watts trade for 17 , and at least there was some sort of evidence that Lovett could play footy ).

Frogshit
What did the team members do over summer to destroy our season?
We have 3 Junior players and a slightly older one getting punished for what is essentially a fairly minor issure.
Most of the crap that you were eagerly googling over summer had happened long ago.

Port have covered up far bigger issues with their players.

Were they even in there with a chance in 2007? At least StKilda gave the footy fans something to be interested during the biggest sporting event of the year.

I won't bother going into the specifics of what they did however a senior player led the chorus which tells you something about the respect he had for the leadership group and coaching group. A 17 y.o girl crippled your organization over the summer. The initial reaction from the club was slow and insipid. She then brought Nixon down and you cannot tell me that as a player you would not be watching with some angst what is going on with someone who is tasked with promoting your brand. Port may have, and still cover up a lot and they are in real trouble, however they did win a flag and I can enjoy watching that great match over and over again.
At least it is in colour and not black and white.

Fact are facts gentlemen.

Don't open your post with facts are facts and then state 200 odd words of opinion. Makes you look a tad silly.

... quite impressively dodging actual facts along the way.

...and yet in the background there is still a culture which has destroyed your season during the summer.

Frogshit
What did the team members do over summer to destroy our season?

I won't bother going into the specifics of what they did ...

Sorry - but you are just posting in order to see your own name now - you add nothing of use or of any depth of meaning so I am going to close this thread. If you intend to keep posting the same drivel you risk getting carded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back