Any news on our 2011 guernseys?

Remove this Banner Ad

grammyboy

Rookie
Aug 6, 2010
Frankston
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone heard or seen anything about our 2011 guernseys?

Obviously if we stay with ISC then we will need new ones with the new logo and I would also expect to see new NAB cup and training tops.....

Lets change the clash to something like this!

SaintsClash-1.png

Then I can be proud of the clash jumper as it doesn't look insipid, and it's still over 60% a white jumper so I wouldn't see the problem?

Not both sides, as a whole.

And the back, the major point of contention when it comes to the clash is white yet the jumper wouldn't have the overly wide stripe of the front which makes the jumper look insipid.

The back is the whole problem with our jumper, so the jumper would work fine and it wouldn't look as weak on-field.

Reported on the footy jumpers and fotoshops board that the 2011 guernseys will have black neck and arm cuffs, instead of the white of this season. Haven't found out if this is rumour or fact but would think if true, would look quite different to what we've had in recent times. Also, yes there is a new ISC logo.

I just hope we change up those green and gold training jumpers with the cross which we never seemed to wear anyway other than the Feb intra-club.

SaintsClash-1.png

Then I can be proud of the clash jumper as it doesn't look insipid, and it's still over 60% a white jumper so I wouldn't see the problem?
Agree with this post. It is what I have been saying now for over 5 years. Please note that I have also been saying that we should have another version as well with a red back. I would use the Red Back for the Nab cup, the White Back for clash games and the Black back for every other game.....period.

One more note if I may. If other clubs continue to ignore the Clash Jumper rule (Collingfilth, Essendung, etc etc) then the St kilda Football club should have the balls to inform the AFL that we will not comply.

Simple as that.

SaintsClash-1.png

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please PLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEE!!!!

SaintsClash-1.png

Could you please turn this into a home jumper as well to see what the 2011 jumper would look like if the black cuffs and neck rumour is true?

Reported on the footy jumpers and fotoshops board that the 2011 guernseys will have black neck and arm cuffs, instead of the white of this season. Haven't found out if this is rumour or fact but would think if true, would look quite different to what we've had in recent times. Also, yes there is a new ISC logo.

I'm not sure if this was actually started on the board or not? I don't think ISC or the club has said anything official?

Either way, I think it would look pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it.

It's a very bold and intimidating look. Plus gives more distinction between our dark home strip and light clash strip. Thumbs up from me.

Also, is Jeld-Wen still our major sponsor in 2011? It is not on the top of saints.com.au and doesn't feature in these new guernsey pics.

Initial impressions ont he clash, I liked 2010's in its simplicity, given the panels were side on instead of front to back the cross could have been woven in towards a possible gradient (lighter shade of red / black to centre of the jumper tending to white) instead of dicthing it for a blatant cross.

On the 2011 clash.. maybe the black panels should have a red trimming like the red having black to outline the cross, looks "1 sided" as it is now.

The new Home is grouse! I will definitely be getting one....

As for the Clash, I think it will grow on us once we get to see the boys wearing it.......maybe.

wow love both of them, i really hated our clash jumper in 2010? each to their own i guess.

on the saints website the jumpers dont have the jeldwen logo on the front and it looks heaps better with the afl and saints badges inline.

I love the home one, looks more intimidating, kinda says "we mean business".

As for the clash, I really do like the cross being included, but I think the black border between the red and white makes it look one sided as StFly said. Should be just red IMO.

I'm pleased overall though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Any news on our 2011 guernseys?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back