Remove this Banner Ad

chels_09

All Australian
Jun 5, 2002
Hillside
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Hey all,

Well we are trying to make the cheersquad, biggler, louder and brighter, so far we have bigger and brighter, and sort of louder! Although.....I and a number of other cheersquad members are becomming extremly bored with the chants that we currently have!

Any ideas of some new chants we may be able to use......half time chants, 3/4time chants, player chants, chants for after goals, etc....would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks guys!

Rip off the cricket song "Come On Aussie Come On!" ie "Come on Doggies, Come On, Come on"
"Foootscraaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, Fooooootscraaaaaaaaay"
Annoy the opposition FB on the kick ins with horns and clapping and general abuse.
Get a few more flags in there, maybe the Australian flag, the navy's flag and the air forces flag. More red, white and blue.

Bob the Bulldog. Can He Kick It? Bob the Bulldog. YES HE CAN! ;)

Bring back the Doggie doggie doggie. Woof woof woof one.

I love that one.

SonOfScray said:
"Foootscraaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, Fooooootscraaaaaaaaay"
Annoy the opposition FB on the kick ins with horns and clapping and general abuse.
Get a few more flags in there, maybe the Australian flag, the navy's flag and the air forces flag. More red, white and blue. QUOTE]
i agree with all of those suggestions.

Scream 'Coooooooooooooooooooooon' whenever THE COONDOG gets the ball!

PS: Anyone hear the 'Coooooooon' cry during the 3rd quarter? It was nearing the end of the quarter, he was on a lead and the ball was just spoilt away from him. But the 'Cooooooooooon' cry was massive, sounded like the whole Hawkins wing said it :) :)

Keep it going!

SonOfScray said:
Rip off the cricket song "Come On Aussie Come On!" ie "Come on Doggies, Come On, Come on"

That would be sensational....

Cooney's flashing in & out of packs
Minson's like a steamtrain giving wacks
Westy's in & out
Darcy screams & shouts
And Harris's eyes have got that killer glee

C'mon doggies c'mon c'mon
C'mon doggies c'mon

The eagle likes to kick it on the run
Murphy's out there....well having fun
Hahn's killer instinct
Gilbbee's quite distinctive
And Granty's the best weve ever seen

:D

Here is an idea from right field....the New York Yankee right field bleacher creatures to be precise.

During the pregame warm up, the cheer squad should do a roll call of all the players.

The Yankee fans chant each player's name until they give them a wave or tip their cap. Great stuff.

flamethrower said:
Here is an idea from right field....the New York Yankee right field bleacher creatures to be precise.

During the pregame warm up, the cheer squad should do a roll call of all the players.

The Yankee fans chant each player's name until they give them a wave or tip their cap. Great stuff.

Wouldn't that distract them from doing what they are supposed to be doing?

I love teh idea about C'mon Aussie C'mon... great idea

i LOVE the idea about screaming 'cooooooooon' kind of like yze whenever he gets the ball

Putting off players when taking kick outs..

all great ideasd

You would be well advised to study the English Premier League club chants. They sing for a full 90 minutes and rarely sing the same song twice. There is a web site for each premier league club and the chants that they use.

dogupya said:
You would be well advised to study the English Premier League club chants. They sing for a full 90 minutes and rarely sing the same song twice. There is a web site for each premier league club and the chants that they use.

Do they actually watch the game? :D

Maybe their game is so boring that they have to revert to such things!

Poptart said:
That would be sensational....

Cooney's flashing in & out of packs
Minson's like a steamtrain giving wacks
Westy's in & out
Darcy screams & shouts
And Harris's eyes have got that killer glee

C'mon doggies c'mon

The eagle likes to kick it on the run
Murphy's out there....well having fun
Hahn's killer instinct
Gilbbee's quite distinctive
And Granty's the best weve ever seen

:D

Sounds good :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SirBloodyIdiot said:
Bring back the Doggie doggie doggie. Woof woof woof one.

I love that one.

I don't think that ones ever gone away - Dave was sure doing it last week in Perth.

Yeah - I do like that "C'mon Doggie C'mon" idea of SonofScray's with Poptarts lyrics ...

What other chants are there Chels? - I've heard you guys doing the 'Lets go Doggies - Lets go' as well as the 'Doggie Doggie Doggie - Woof Woof Woof' but thats all I can think of...

Cheers - Pete

When the Willy Mammoth lines up in the ruck or in general play and makes contact with the opposition. Yell out "BANG"

and when he thumps the ball 30 metres the sound of "OOOOMPH" should entice healthy crowd support.

A chant of "HE WILL , HE WILL, THUMP YOU" (referring to the ball of course ;) )
to the tune of We Will Rock You.

Or the full Version.

Willy you’re a boy make a big noise
Playin’ in the Ruck gonna be a big man today
You get in there face
You big strong ace
Kickin’ there arse all over the place

He will He will thump you
He will He will thump you

Willy you’re a young man hard man
Jumping in the ruck gonna take on the world today
You get in there face
You big strong ace
Thump'n the ball, all over the place

He will He will Thump you

Willy you’re a Tall man Smart man
Pleadin’ with the guys gonna make it all happen today

You get in there face
You big strong ace
Put the opposition back in there place

or something along those lines

Poptart said:
Do they actually watch the game? :D

Maybe their game is so boring that they have to revert to such things!

Yeah they watch the game and the chants usually have something to do with a player that has the ball. They do the chants to make some atmosphere at the game in the stands. The AFL is dead boring for atmosphere.

SonOfScray said:

I like that one, great idea SOS.

Top Dog said:
Scream 'Coooooooooooooooooooooon' whenever THE COONDOG gets the ball!

PS: Anyone hear the 'Coooooooon' cry during the 3rd quarter? It was nearing the end of the quarter, he was on a lead and the ball was just spoilt away from him. But the 'Cooooooooooon' cry was massive, sounded like the whole Hawkins wing said it :) :)

Keep it going!

Yep was great to hear, and now puck puck knows everyone isnt booing him, i think he really likes it. Now if we get everyone in the crowd saying it, it will sound fantastic.

Borgsta said:
is anyone allowed inside the cheersquad?

You gotta be a cheersquad member to get in, we welcome all new members.

Borgsta said:
Yeah they watch the game and the chants usually have something to do with a player that has the ball. They do the chants to make some atmosphere at the game in the stands. The AFL is dead boring for atmosphere.

Yeah but when you take into account that in a game of Soccer, a non contact sport plus i would guess on average about 2-4 goals scored per game, let's face it, the crowd really do need to keep the atmosphere alive.

With the AFL, high contact sport, fast paced (most of the time), amount of scoring etc, the crowd are really involved in the game from start to finish whether they are calling BALL etc, besides do you really think the atmosphere was dead in the 3rd quarter on Saturday night?

Poptart said:
Yeah but when you take into account that in a game of Soccer, a non contact sport plus i would guess on average about 2-4 goals scored per game, let's face it, the crowd really do need to keep the atmosphere alive.

With the AFL, high contact sport, fast paced (most of the time), amount of scoring etc, the crowd are really involved in the game from start to finish whether they are calling BALL etc, besides do you really think the atmosphere was dead in the 3rd quarter on Saturday night?

At one point of your text your saying we dont need it, in another you are saying that its great. Which one is it?

Soccer doesnt need the addition of chants and atmosphere to be an interesting game (I went to a few Australia international matches and it ranks about the same as the AFL for atmosphere) it simply elevates the game to another level and its a shame that you are so narrow minded that you cant realise that. This isnt a question of which sport is better so Im not sure why you went straight on the defensive with your ridiculous comment.

Borgsta said:
At one point of your text your saying we dont need it, in another you are saying that its great. Which one is it?

Huh? Who's we? the AFL or Soccer?

I was making a comment on your quote saying that you think the AFL is dead and boring for Atmosphere which is a stunning quote especially when your sitting in the stands with the amount of passion and fire from all especially in a tight contest.

I don't think an AFL crowd really needs 120 minutes of continuous song or chants to the atmosphere at a high level, the interaction from supporters to players an umpires etc more than keeps the atmosphere alive plus the fact that around 25 - 35 goals scored and chants after each one keeps the atmosphere and crowd pumped for pretty much the whole game.

There is certainly room for it, but probably not to the extent that you get at an EPL match. Its just the way the game works and how our culture has formed around it.

Might get shot down for this but chanting at the football is one of my pet peeves - Anglophilic throwback to another sport brought about by braindead fwits like Joffa and the Richmond cheersquad. If the sport isn't interesting enough without having a singalong with your toothless mate, find another game. That "Aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi" chant at the Olympics was a national disgrace. Just my opinion, of course.

I have an idea. Don't just cheer after the game. And when nothing's happening, don't just sit there doing nothing. Looks bad to have a whole bay doing nothing. Chant constantly. Bulldogs...Clap Clap Clap, whatever. Just be more active for more of the game. It gets too quiet at stages, and considering we don't have the largest cheersquad, a bit of noise at those times would make it sound loud.

Poptart said:
Huh? Who's we? the AFL or Soccer?

I was making a comment on your quote saying that you think the AFL is dead and boring for Atmosphere which is a stunning quote especially when your sitting in the stands with the amount of passion and fire from all especially in a tight contest.

I don't think an AFL crowd really needs 120 minutes of continuous song or chants to the atmosphere at a high level, the interaction from supporters to players an umpires etc more than keeps the atmosphere alive plus the fact that around 25 - 35 goals scored and chants after each one keeps the atmosphere and crowd pumped for pretty much the whole game.

We would be the AFL and the boring comment was in comparison, esp at a Bulldogs game. As Sporty elluded to a few posts ago when the ball is sitting around on the wing the Bulldogs crowd are by and large quiet. It took a 9 goal quarter to get the crowd going and for us to be able to make some noise.

The main thing with the soccer is not that there is chanting for 90 minutes is that the chanting is good and original. When a goal is scored the chanting and singing increases and becomes incredibily loud.

I love football and I love going to the game but your original comment was just stupid and smacks or narrow mindedness. Even at the Anzac Day games (about 4 years back) the atmosphere really isnt that great. The most we seem to get at the football is drunk 35+ yo men using the F word at least once a miunte. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone have any ideas......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back