Coach Do you still have any faith in Bevo? [POLL]

Do you still believe he should coach this side?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand our frustration with Bevo but for fks sake can we show the guy a little respect he did deliver the Bulldogs a premiership enough of the silly jpeg etc stuff

On CPH2305 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think this board has been broadly respectful of his achievements. For the record I will always be grateful for the experience I had at the MCG on 1 Oct 2016. It was an incredible experience.

But following this club recently has been borderline atrocious. Let’s be a proper club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still cannot believe the incompetence by the board to extend the contract

Even Bev was surprised he was probably expecting to be moved on and the opposite occurs.
Cannot believe the club is run by an incompetent and impotent board, incompetent football department so what chance do we as supporters and more important players have to see success.

Pay him out today, get the board to stand down and transition to something that resembles a board and let’s all move on.

I’m fine with him staying at this point. No one is going to turn this s**t show around and we need to at least play some of the kids on our list which he is doing. I’ve reached a point of zen. It’s finally obvious the emperor has no clothes and change will have to happen. I hope we spend the whole year looking for the best match day coach available. Our players deserve it.

I don't agree with "no one is going to turn this shit show around".

Collingwood and GWS were in the exact same position (and maybe even worse) under coaches that they kept far past their expiration dates. I don't think its inconceivable that we could have a similar turnaround with a new voice.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bevo is still a good coach elsewhere but both parties really needed a fresh start after last season but the club was too cowardly to make the tough call.

Last edited:
I just read the first 4 pages from this thread which was started just over a year ago.
It's literally the same conversations we're having now. Just a year down the track.
I've been having this conversation since 2018.

In hindsight the signs were there more in the 2019 elimination final. But I think 2018 and 2019 had to happen to get to get a crack in 2021. Was a bit of a turn over of players that left etc

I'd had enough of Bevo since 2019. I have felt your pain.

Sometimes for me it feels like I'm arguing with Flat Earth believers.

Now, I just feel numb because the time to have had the review and coaching shake up was 2018-19.

Best case scenario is Bevo's resignation at the end of this season. Then for whoever comes in, it will take at least 2 years to right the ship and by that time our star midfielders will be cooked.

Might as well start playing/planning for this reality now.

There is no way Bevo survives this year. Whether it’s a resignation or sacking the writing is on the wall.

My only concern is that this will happen much later in the season and our season will not be salvageable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There is no way Bevo survives this year. Whether it’s a resignation or sacking the writing is on the wall.

My only concern is that this will happen much later in the season and our season will not be salvageable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This year is done.

Bevo stays on for the year - worst result and we finish towards the bottom/player unrest/member unrest.

An interim coach (Lade) takes over - slightly better result but when’s the last time an interim coach has even made finals?

This year is done.

Bevo stays on for the year - worst result and we finish towards the bottom/player unrest/member unrest.

An interim coach (Lade) takes over - slightly better result but when’s the last time an interim coach has even made finals?
There has never been an interim coach that has made finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Do you still have any faith in Bevo? [POLL]

Back