Anyone have any ideas......

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Dog said:
Scream 'Coooooooooooooooooooooon' whenever THE COONDOG gets the ball!

PS: Anyone hear the 'Coooooooon' cry during the 3rd quarter? It was nearing the end of the quarter, he was on a lead and the ball was just spoilt away from him. But the 'Cooooooooooon' cry was massive, sounded like the whole Hawkins wing said it :) :)

Keep it going!

After half-time the crowd adopted that cry pretty quickly. Sounded pretty awesome.

Borgsta said:
We would be the AFL and the boring comment was in comparison, esp at a Bulldogs game. As Sporty elluded to a few posts ago when the ball is sitting around on the wing the Bulldogs crowd are by and large quiet. It took a 9 goal quarter to get the crowd going and for us to be able to make some noise.

The main thing with the soccer is not that there is chanting for 90 minutes is that the chanting is good and original. When a goal is scored the chanting and singing increases and becomes incredibily loud.

I love football and I love going to the game but your original comment was just stupid and smacks or narrow mindedness. Even at the Anzac Day games (about 4 years back) the atmosphere really isnt that great. The most we seem to get at the football is drunk 35+ yo men using the F word at least once a miunte. :(

It may not look like it to you, but my original comment about it "may be so boring" had a fair bit of tongue 'n' cheek about it. :p

I'll admit im not the biggest Soccer fan (except when the Socceroo's are playing) but i'm sure if your right into the game it would be just as exciting as an AFL game.

As for the singing at Soccer, i'm sure it's very entertaining and the atmosphere would be great, but i was just saying you don't really need that at an AFL game, maybe after a goal is scored or between breaks, there is too much happening to get involved with during play.

Just on a similar topic, i can't by the life of me understand how the Balmy Army can just continue there chants all day at the cricket, not only for the amount of energy you would use, plus i just like to sit back and watch as i guess i'm just a bit of a Cricket purarist.

As for a few more ideas, how about this one, this would really get up the oppostion supporters. Use their song with our name.
eg. against the Cats -

We are the dogs, the greatest team of all
we are the dogs, were always on the ball
etc.....

or the Eagles -
We're the Bulldogs, Western Bulldogs, and we're here to show you why
we're the Bulldogs, playing the big game, we're the Bulldogs we'll make you cry. etc..

Maybe throw that one in once or twicw a game hehe.

Or after a goal, every now and then instead of chanting Bulldogs clap clap clap, chant Footscray clap clap clap.

jingle bells jingle bells jingle all the way
oh what fun it is to see Footscaray win away ohhhhh (fast calpping and repeat)

FOR WHEN WE PLAY RICHMOND:
Oh oh Brown and Wallet, You've gone to Richmond and you'll win ******** all,
Oh oh Brown and Wallet, You've gone to Richmond and you'll win ******** all!
(to the tune of some old song...dont know what its called)

oh ah darcy, say oh ah darcy
oh ah darcy, say oh ah darcy
(when darcy kicks a goal)

rodney eade's bulldog army (fast clapping and repeat)

WHEN WE ARE WINNING AND OPPOSITION SUPPORTER'S LEAVE EARLY:
na na na naa, na na na naa, heyyyyyyyyyyyy, goodbye!! (fast clap and repeat)

WHEN COONEY KICKS A GOAL OR DOES SOMETHING AWESOME:
adam cooney walks on water, hail hail hail adam! (repeat with clapping)

we love you footscray, we do. we love you footscray, we do. we love you footscray, we do, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, footscray we love you!!

WHEN IT'S GETTING TOWARDS THE END AND WE ARE GOING TO WIN:
we've got the 4 points in our hands. we've the the 4 points in our hands. we've got the 4 points, in out hands, we've got the four points in our hands!

nathan browns a w@nker (clap clap clap clap clap clap) :D
terry wallet's a w@nker (clap clap clap clap clap clap) :D

"hey brown, how about you give our cheersquad the bird, and we will see what happens next"

An old favourite from the EPL is the chant of We shall... we shall not be moved We shall... we shall not be moved. To be sung when we are well and truly sure that the game is ours.

Being bulldogs supporters, this would mean singing it in the 31'st minute of the final quarter :D

The atmosphere the EPL and spanish league soccer fans create is something that cannot be understood without experiencing it. 40-60 thousand fans going completely mad, creating songs and chants that circle the whole ground and create an experience that sends shivers.

This is something that AFL supporters have yet to experience. It may be that the game of footy is too fast and there needs to be extra concentration given to the game, but i don't really buy that one. The reason is because, AFL chants are so boring and only invole saying the club name and clapping three times afterwards. This thread is good because it's high time that chants got more creative and more incentive for fans on the outer to join in and chant. Only when you experience a crowd singing the same song from all ends of the park can you understand the fun and passion of sitting in ona EPL game.

For the record crowd atmosphere between football and AFL cannot be compared, you only have to know both games to know the answer. Flick it on SBS on Sunday afternoons (The world game soccer show) if you need further proof!

Get a dogupya

Poptart said:
That would be sensational....

Cooney's flashing in & out of packs
Minson's like a steamtrain giving wacks
Westy's in & out
Darcy screams & shouts
And Harris's eyes have got that killer glee

C'mon doggies c'mon c'mon
C'mon doggies c'mon

The eagle likes to kick it on the run
Murphy's out there....well having fun
Hahn's killer instinct
Gilbbee's quite distinctive
And Granty's the best weve ever seen

:D

hehe nice,

although i made the mistake of singing it to "always look on the bright side of life" by monty python, which strangely works as well.

scooter600x said:
I love the EPL fans for their originality.

When we beat the poms 3-1 and Harry Kewell tore them a new one, during the 2nd half the fans were chanting

"Posh Spice is a slapper
She's married to a tool
Tonight when she shags Beckham
She'll think of Harry Kewell"
:D Love it...
Harry Cool :cool:

yeah i think the singing side of it also comes whe much lager is ingested.
I know in england they get in early at the pub, get smashed then go to the game lagered up. Let's face it, you don't get thrillers in soccer like you get in aussie rules. You don't get the crowd gasping and the ball comes in on a 1 on 1 with seconds to go. Sure there can be tension and good games but it's different when the scoring is so low. The game doesn't change as readily.

On the chants, how about acting like a pack of wild dogs when the opposition go for goal, ie howling and barking like crazy.

or the ol sydney chant syyyyyyyyyyyydneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
but make it minnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

it's quick, easy and effective, not too hard to get other people to join in either.

I was at the coburg box hill anzac game yesterday and some richmond people were whistling the hogans heroes theme when jay schulz was on fire. Was quite funny.

Poptart said:
Do they actually watch the game? :D

Maybe their game is so boring that they have to revert to such things!

The singing at EPL games is part of the atmosphere. I love AFL, but going to White Hart Lane to see Tottenham play the Hammers for the first time still gives me goosebumps.....the atmosphere is like nothing you get at an AFL game and its got nothing to do with the game being boring (which its not).

The fans are segregated so that the away fans are congregated in one corner of the ground.....and thus surrounded by home supporters. The little band of away fans tries to "sing" support to their team whilst the home team generally responds.....my personal favourite EPL song is "your not singing anymore" which generally happens after your team has gone ahead.

If you've seen the or experienced the barmy army at the cricket it goes some way to describing what its like......just a lot more passionate. The Poms don't beat us Aussies at much, but the win the support contest hands down.

Have one specially prepared for the Brissy game.......

He's Gay!
He's Bent!
His A*** is up for Rent!
He's Akermanis!

Scottish Rangers fan made this one up for us......will be rolling out a few more choice ones at that game too

Its ok poptart.....no raw nerve hit. I admit watching "soccer" takes some getting used to, but its like any sport once you understand and appreciate it it can be just as enjoyable.....and after living in the UK when you get next to no AFL it grows on you.

Have to say the POMS are really clever with coming up with chants. I wne to the England v Australia game and even though they were losing they were still singing.....have to say that the Engalnd v Australia game rates as one of the best sporting events I've been to........KEWELL was amazing!!!!

doggies said:
We`re Leicester City.
We rule Supreme.
we`ll never be Mastered by no Forest Bastards.
We`ll keep the Blue Flag flying high.
For ever and ever We`ll follow our team.

Always loved teams that say things like "we're the greatest", or "all the premierships a cakewalk", or "premiers will be this year" because none of those sides a) win much or b) win flags.

That and i hate Leicester City.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do they already do that?

After the game as everyone is walking out or the team id walking off the ground I've noticed (and contributed to) a chorus of howls and barks. Its good for a laugh.

ohhhhhh, we love that cam faulkner, cam faulkner, cam faulkner

we love that cam faulkner, he kicks us a goal

he kicks us a long one, a straight one, a curly one

he kicks us a wobbly one

but the're all susage rolls

all sausge rolls!

(repeat at a higher pitch)

What about

1. singing the club song during the last few minutes of a game, on the odd occasion when we can't lose ? Sing it, not bark it out. Get a bit of melody with it.

2. Drawing from EPL, work towards a signature tune, like Liverpool's "You'll never walk alone" or West Ham's "I'm forever blowing bubbles" ?

Perhaps "How much is that doggie in the window", "Both sides now" or "Simply the best"

how about we start a new cheersquad with the BigFooty clan. Get like 40 of us together to a game and start chanting, give people wearing Bulldogs scarves a list of the chants that we will sing.

I know the first part is almost impossible but the 2nd part could be done birssyboy. Create a list on the PC and print it out and give it to the masses. Might work.

There's a lot of good ideas here, and we could start a new trend by initiating some of them. Now comes the hard part - how to get them up and running. Borgsta has a point - maybe BF posters could start it, and distribute lists of songs, chants, etc to other supporters.

Or just give it a little push along by iniating a "Fooooooooooooootscraaaaaaaaaaaaaay" chant at the next match. Just like with the4 "cooooooney" calls. If you hear it on the weekend or at the next home game, join in and get it going.

How about:
The Bulldogs are hot to go!
H O T G G O (spell it out)
H O Hot to go!

or when we play Collingwood:

HOT DOGS!, COLD PIES!

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone have any ideas......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back