Status
Not open for further replies.

HR Roughnstuf

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Clearly the AFL will not schedule Essendon to play ANZAC day any longer after the fall out from the supplements scandal. This will be part of the punishment that they wont see coming. The AFL puts together a FIXture every year, they can put it together anyway they like. Essendon would have no ability to challenge the decision as it is not their right to play on ANZAC day, it is a privilege.

I think it is a perfect time to change up the scheduling altogether.

Top 2 Victorian teams to play off at the MCG. Gives a reward to clubs performing well. Is something that is earned.

Top 2 interstate teams to play off in NZ. If they also want to be involved.

This would give every club a chance to play on ANZAC day.

Saints are contracted to play in NZ. As for the Anzac Day game in Aus, I wouldn't mind seeing a GF rematch but that's extremely unlikely.

It WILL NOT and SHOULD NOT change, enough of other teams trying to take it over.

I think we will actually see a triple header this year thought FWIW.

Essendon v Collingwood
St Kilda v ??? (In NZ)
Fremantle v ??? (Len Hall Game in Perth)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question I have always wondered:

Why is it so important to play on ANZAC day?

Yes the pies and Essendon play every year and draw a large crowd but part of the reason for that is both clubs have massive supporter bases. An Essendon vs Collingwood game in round 5 on another day would still draw a huge crowd. (Maybe minus a few thousand neutrals and others who go to the event).

Personally I wouldn't really care if Collingwood lost it. The day is about remembering and honouring sacrifices made by Australia's veterans. If for example bulldogs and north want to play in the afternoon fine but I doubt they will draw much more than 40 000 anyway.

I honestly don't know why clubs are so desperate to play on the day.

Lol at people thinking it will change and what is even more funny is you actually think the AFL will hurt Collingwood for doing nothing wrong?

Bigfooty your stupidity amazes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back