Training Apples' & Jen's Training Thread 2021 (Latest report #3590)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t wait for tomorrow’s highlights from Collingwood media where we get 40 secs of slo-mo highlights of Pendles, Thomas & Sidebottom kicking and handballing in the shadows of City night sky!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lucky to even get that Much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I was there. With covid restrictions with only 20 people gatherings, prob why they didn't advertise it.

I didn't really record much, as I just wanted to sit back and enjoy the game.

But high scoring it was. I'll put up a report.

I arrived near 6pm. Sitting across the road, you can hear Sharni's voice from the womens captains' run training session. Sun was still quite warm. Thankfully I found some shade with some tables and chairs as part of the hospitality they have outside the cafe to relax.
Started chatting to Tom Browne, before my friends arrived.
The women finished up around 7, then it was time to wait until the boys came out and started.

There was no warm up. No drills. They came out for a grudge match between the blacks and white. Or it seems, city v country.

All the injured played except Chugg, Adams and Reef. Not sure whats up with Chugg though. But otherwise, a very fit list.

Howe's first match sim, and there is nothing wrong with him at all. I wonder if there ever was this pre-season. Just continued on from where he left off pre-injury.

There was some fill in VFL players including Wellings.

Briskey was wearing #39.

Went full game-length. Didn't finish til 10:30.

Had a chat to Henry's parents. Nice folks they are. I feel confident Henry is a good kid and we won't have any trouble with him at all.

Player notes:

Draftees:
+ Henry: Prior to this game, I wasn't sure he was ready for an early debut. I take that back. He kicked about 3 goals, nice mark and athletic. I think he could be ready now.

+ McCreery: Very good set shot at goal and accurate. Good pressure. Is ready.

+ Macrae: Did pretty well for himself.

+ Ginnivan, slotted through a goal. Was lively.

+ Poulter: Has a bit of speed. Good signs.

+ McMahon: Showed some good signs, clearly needs some muscle on him.

Briskey: Had a pretty good game. Very good athleticism and aerially.

Senior players:

+ Daicos, Kelly, De Goey did one half, as they then were managed. De Goey rolled his ankle, but no stress, he is all good.

+ Daicos was very very lively in the firstn quarter, had 3 goals. Moved so well.
+ Rantall and Bianco, did pretty well. Bianco's ball use from the middle is something to drool over. Not many like it.
+ Quaynor and Noble did wonderfully, Noble was on the wing in some aspects. Also slotted through a couple goals.
+ Grundy looks to be back to his best. You can just feel he is about to have a monsterous year. Opposition watch out.
+ Cameron impressive with his marking and goal abiliity.
+ Lynch also faired well.
+ Jamie was dangerous inside 50, also some stints in the midfield.
+ Tyler brown, looks to be have a great 2021. Come on physically. Looks like he belongs.
+ Pendles did the entire session. I don't think his age is catching up to him at all. Playing like he is 25.
+ Wilson and Murphy rotated between backline/wing. I wish they keep Murphy on the wing, he'd struggle to get a game in the backline. Its rock solid.
+ Cal Brown looked dominant. His tackling, his running, his kicking hitting targets. He looks good.
+ Ruscoe looks to even have a better 2021. Has developed more physically this summer.
+ Sidebottom dominating in the middle and on the wing.
+ Thomas had a very strong session. Looks to be aiming for a good year.
+ Crisp spent some time in the middle in the 2nd half of the game. I don't mind it.
+Moore and Howe looked to contining where they left off 12 months ago, along with roughy. This combination is gonna be great. Add in Maynard, Noble, Quaynor. Our backline... so good.
+ WHE took some nice hangers, he is a very good mark.
+ Sier got caught with the ball a couple times, but otherwise, did well.
+ Prob the most improved this summer I'd say has to be Tohil. He is moving so well, reading the ball and play a lot better than 12 months ago. Playing on the wing though.
+ coxy did well, with some great marks and on the scoreboard.

High scoring, almost 200 points scored between them. There was a trophy handed out to the winners (city)

I arrived near 6pm. Sitting across the road, you can hear Sharni's voice from the womens captains' run training session. Sun was still quite warm. Thankfully I found some shade with some tables and chairs as part of the hospitality they have outside the cafe to relax.
The women finished up around 7, then it was time to wait until the boys came out and started.

There was no warm up. No drills. They came out for a grudge match between the blacks and white. Or it seems, city v country.

All the injured played except Chugg, Adams and Reef. Not sure whats up with Chugg though. But otherwise, a very fit list.

Howe's first match sim, and there is nothing wrong with him at all. I wonder if there ever was this pre-season. Just continued on from where he left off pre-injury.

Briskey was wearing #39.

Had a chat to Henry's parents. Nice folks they are. I feel confident Henry is a good kid and we won't have any trouble with him at all.

Player notes:

Draftees:
+ Henry: Prior to this game, I wasn't sure he was ready for an early debut. I take that back. He kicked about 3 goals, nice mark and athletic. I think he could be ready now.

Senior players:

+ Daicos, Kelly, De Goey did one half, as they then were managed. De Goey rolled his ankle, but no stress, he is all good.

+ Daicos was very very lively in the firstn quarter, had 3 goals. Moved so well.
+ Rantall and Bianco, did pretty well. Bianco's ball use from the middle is something to drool over. Not many like it.
+ Quaynor and Noble did wonderfully, Noble was on the wing in some aspects. Also slotted through a couple goals.
+ Grundy looks to be back to his best. You can just feel he is about to have a monsterous year. Opposition watch out.
+ Tyler brown, looks to be have a great 2021. Come on physically. Looks like he belongs.
+ Pendles did the entire session. I don't think his age is catching up to him at all. Playing like he is 25.
+ Wilson and Murphy rotated between backline/wing. I wish they keep Murphy on the wing, he'd struggle to get a game in the backline. Its rock solid.
+ Cal Brown looked dominant. His tackling, his running, his kicking hitting targets. He looks good.
+ Ruscoe looks to even have a better 2021. Has developed more physically this summer.
+ Crisp spent some time in the middle in the 2nd half of the game. I don't mind it.
+Moore and Howe looked to contining where they left off 12 months ago, along with roughy. This combination is gonna be great. Add in Maynard, Noble, Quaynor. Our backline... so good.
+ Prob the most improved this summer I'd say has to be Tohil. He is moving so well, reading the ball and play a lot better than 12 months ago. Playing on the wing though.

High scoring, almost 200 points scored between them. There was a trophy handed out to the winners (city)

What were the roles of Daicos, T.Brown and Degoey?

Degoey not hitting the scoreboard was he more midfield?

Daicos kicking 3 goals in one of the 2 terms he played was he more on a forward flank or did just dominate as an onballer and kick 3 goals as a mid?

What was Tyler Browns role? I suspect with 2 pie teams as an onballer but is he more likely a wingman/HFF pushing into the midfield in the best side?

Back 7: Moore, Roughead, Howe, Maynard, Quaynor, Noble, J.Crisp

Mid 8: Grundy, Pendles, Adams, Degoey, Daicos, T.Brown, Sier, Sidebottom

Fwd 7: D.Cameron, Mihocek, J.Elliott, WHE, C.Brown, J.Thomas (1 of Mcreery, M.Cox, W.Kelly, F.Macrae)

Sounds like the best 22

What were the roles of Daicos, T.Brown and Degoey?

Degoey not hitting the scoreboard was he more midfield?

Daicos kicking 3 goals in one of the 2 terms he played was he more on a forward flank or did just dominate as an onballer and kick 3 goals as a mid?

What was Tyler Browns role? I suspect with 2 pie teams as an onballer but is he more likely a wingman/HFF pushing into the midfield in the best side?

Back 7: Moore, Roughead, Howe, Maynard, Quaynor, Noble, J.Crisp

Mid 8: Grundy, Pendles, Adams, Degoey, Daicos, T.Brown, Sier, Sidebottom

Fwd 7: D.Cameron, Mihocek, J.Elliott, WHE, C.Brown, J.Thomas (1 of Mcreery, M.Cox, W.Kelly, F.Macrae)

Sounds like the best 22

Oh sorry. De Goey kicked 1. From the midfield, which seemed to be his predominant position.

Tyler on the wing, De Goey midfield. I think Daicos played forward plus inside.

Tyler definitely more Wing, at this point. Will go inside mid as he gets older. Has filled out. Got a lot of the ball.

Briskey was wearing #39.

Player notes:

Draftees:

Senior players:

Thanks for all your effort Jen!! Seriously, you’re a champion!

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Apples' & Jen's Training Thread 2021 (Latest report #3590)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back