Training Apples' & Jen's Training Thread 2021 (Latest report #3590)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Sure but with nothing around the Ground I would doubt it.

Then they should Live Stream as they Done in the Past
Yes, a live stream should have happened.

This looks to be our Official Intra-Club Game
Obviously I would have loved to be able to watch it but I wouldn't mind if this catches the other Victorian clubs off guard who don't have time to come down and spy on us.

Edit - With the coverage Jen has given us this preseason I don't really care about the 'official' scratch match.

Obviously I would have loved to be able to watch it but I wouldn't mind if this catches the other Victorian clubs off guard who don't have time to come down and spy on us.

Edit - With the coverage Jen has given us this preseason I don't really care about the 'official' scratch match.

I guess also because of Covid it be Packed at Holden Center with Fans.

I say other Clubs would of heard During the Day about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hine probably just tagged along to reassure himself that he made the right call on McCreery over Spicer.
You mean the right call as in he couldn’t take Spicer because Norf beat us to him...?

Wearing armbands for the chef, not for Murray Weideman 🧐
Yeah that's weird. Do you reckon that's an oversight by the club or whoever is running the social media account?

They answered that in a random Insta comment “the Weed will be honoured during the AFL season”. Real odd that the list management team, - Wright, would be at a North intraclub.

Daics looking fit! I know people often joke about players training the house down over the summer. But the reports last year about how good Daics was looking ended up being spot on for the 2020 season.

Absolutely tearing up the track.

Technically it was originally our pick
Yes, but we traded back up the order to try to grab Spicer or McCreery. Spicer was our first choice.

You mean the right call as in he couldn’t take Spicer because Norf beat us to him...?

Yeah, my bad... I knew they "beat us to him"... But for some reason I thought we upgraded a future pick and traded backwards beyond North's pick, knowing we'd still get McCreery if North took Spicer.

Turns out it was slightly different:

"Hine likes two South Adelaide small forwards who might fall in the 40s, Indigenous quick Phoenix Spicer and Beau McCreery. He's called their manager to probe which clubs are interested.

"North are all over Spicer," said Hine. "Forty-seven's our last pick."

To maximise their hopes of landing a coveted small forward, Guy and Hine do their final swap, this time with Port Adelaide, giving up that future fourth-rounder to move up from (now) 49 to 44.
Spicer has been taken by North at pick 42.

Collingwood, finally, drafted McCreery with pick 44 – their sixth selection in the 2020 national draft.
Those in the room shook hands or patted backs."

Yeah, my bad... I knew they "beat us to him"... But for some reason I thought we upgraded a future pick and traded backwards beyond North's pick, knowing we'd still get McCreery if North took Spicer.

Turns out it was slightly different:

"Hine likes two South Adelaide small forwards who might fall in the 40s, Indigenous quick Phoenix Spicer and Beau McCreery. He's called their manager to probe which clubs are interested.

"North are all over Spicer," said Hine. "Forty-seven's our last pick."

To maximise their hopes of landing a coveted small forward, Guy and Hine do their final swap, this time with Port Adelaide, giving up that future fourth-rounder to move up from (now) 49 to 44.
Spicer has been taken by North at pick 42.

Collingwood, finally, drafted McCreery with pick 44 – their sixth selection in the 2020 national draft.
Those in the room shook hands or patted backs."

Where did you get that quote from? Thanks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back