Apples' Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you go back to work early when you're on annual leave at your current job?
Do senior people in work environments switch there mobile phone off when they are on annual leave?
Do paid professionals undertake personal courses to improve themselves in there own time?
Professionalism requires a level of responsibility in and out of the work environment and in an industry where you are constantly in the public eye, reputation is everything, so its no surprise to see players doing what they can to ensure they stay on top of there game.
Professional athletes are expected to maintain there fitness levels and skin folds even when they are away from there work environment.
The only reason they choose to maintain there required levels in there work environment is because they have access to everything they need at no cost and in one convenient location.

Last edited:
Do senior people in work environments switch there mobile phone off when they are on annual leave?
Do paid professionals undertake personal courses to improve themselves in there own time?
Professionalism requires a level of responsibility in and out of the work environment and in an industry where you are constantly in the public eye, reputation is everything, so its no surprise to see players doing what they can to ensure they stay on top of there game.
Professional athletes are expected to maintain there fitness levels and skin folds even when they are away from there work environment.
The only reason they choose to maintain there required levels in there work environment is because they have access to everything they need at no cost and in one continent location.
I agree that they should be maintaining fitness during their time off as does the club. As you say, coming into work to do so is a choice.

I drove past today saw some ppl having a kick....my god they were hacks!! Please tell me it wasn't collingwood players male or female??
Shocking!!

The only reason they choose to maintain there required levels in there work environment is because they have access to everything they need at no cost and in one convenient location.
That's all true, but don't you think that we are asking too much of teenagers? What you are asking may be asked of those in high positions in professional fields, but it isn't asked of 21year old graduates. Let alone teenagers. No wonder mental health issues are on the rise.

No, but if I was paid 100’s of thousands to do what I do and had 8 weeks holidays I know I’d never switch off from it (which is all this is)! I also do what I do whilst going to the gym 5-6 days a week and project manage my house renovation so I never get the chance to spend 4 weeks + at a time overseas living the life.

Aside from that does a builder with their own business ever stop? Or a high priced lawyer with a big law firm? Or a CPA partner of an accounting firm?

It’s what separates the best from the alsorans.

Recovery is the main ingredient for performance.

Don't understate the pressure of being a Collingwood footballer - monitored by the media and the general public 24/7, 44 weeks of the year.

They are well within their rights to take time off and stay away from the club - provided they don't hit the burgers and beers too hard.

in a sign of the times Kirby will make the switch to light ales this preseason.
f4f1f72e108b8df236df9f72e5be0df8--grumpy-cat-quotes-for-cats.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's all true, but don't you think that we are asking too much of teenagers? What you are asking may be asked of those in high positions in professional fields, but it isn't asked of 21year old graduates. Let alone teenagers. No wonder mental health issues are on the rise.
Serious question, wonder if the teenagers and the younger types like Kirby have been instructed to watch their training loads from Dugina and White?

Have faith Apex............faith
Mate, I’m one of the kids biggest supporters, but shit I’m worried about what kind of condition he’s going to come back in after last Xmas’ debacle. Another preseason of doing laps alone will just about end him.

Oh to be a fly on the wall for that conversation!
Guy: that trade we did with Murray, seems some noise around it on social media.
Hine: they still going on and on.
Guy: yep non stop, sounds like my mother in law
Milesi: not sure we can use mother in law these days
Guy: I'd be glad if I never had to use her either, what a nag.... hmmm wife going that way too
Hine: never mind, Murray will slot straight in and do well and we got some points
Guy: not sure anyone cares about points, just want big moves
Hine: let them eat cake
Milesi: unsure we should use that example, they may cut your head off
Hine: wouldn't be the first time.
Rendell: At least we never mentioned if certain players are a good fit or not....
Guy: that Fahour is gone, no need to worry about being misinterpreted

Mate, I’m one of the kids biggest supporters, but shit I’m worried about what kind of condition he’s going to come back in after last Xmas’ debacle. Another preseason of doing laps alone will just about end him.
I asked in another post that maybe the youngsters and that includes Kirby have been instructed to follow a training load. I know that is drawing a long bow but it wouldn't be impossible - I'm hoping so

To add I'm sure he's aware of last pre season and it would be folly if he was to ignore that, I'm calculating a guess that this would be front of his mind

Scharenberg and Aish have been back training for about 4 weeks

Like the sound of that. We really need to start seeing some quality output from these former top 10 picks. Big years from these two (amongst others) will be were our improvement will come from.

Is Josh Smith contracted for 2018? If not you would think that he has been given some level of assurance that we will give him an extension (1 year I'd say). I gather we will see how many list spots we have open after the delisted FA period and even the draft before making a call on guys like Smith/Ramsay/Sinclair/Oxley/Blair etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back