Preview Approaching Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know how anyone can put any store on a weather forecast for Melbourne 7 days out ..
Current forecast for next Saturday is: (for what its worth)

Summary
Min 7
Max 13
Shower or two.

Melbourne area

Cloudy. Isolated showers. Winds west to southwesterly averaging up to 30 km/h.

I don't know how anyone can put any store on a weather forecast for Melbourne 7 days out ..
Current forecast for next Saturday is: (for what its worth)

Summary
Min 7
Max 13
Shower or two.

Melbourne area

Cloudy. Isolated showers. Winds west to southwesterly averaging up to 30 km/h.

Yeah once I read the weather for myself I decided it was just general bigfooty overexaggeration. They likened the weather forecast to scotland.

Geelong have beaten Collingwood twice this year, primarily for one reason: They have torn them open through the corridor.

This is not how West Coast play. Should we change our gameplan for this single game and risk our entire system coming unstuck in a final or do we keep doing what we've done all season and try to "out-Collingwood" Collingwood?

Personally, I think we should take the risk.

"Only he who does not fear death by a thousand cuts dares to unseat the emperor". Mick Malthouse.

Lets just say i will be amazed if you get close, Cats did you no favours.

why???

because your players wouldn't be motivated enough by the prospect of an easy path through to a prelim - that they required a belting to get up for the finals?

That's either a ridiculous assertion on your behalf or a massive flaw in the Collingwood team. You choose.

Next we'll find out that this year's GF will have extra motivation for Collingwood being Cloke's 150th.

Yes, I was filthy at them. :p Although, if the players don't expect a firestorm, well............;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For a regular season game, yes. Finals, no.

Do you think the pies will go 100% because they got flogged last week?
Or will they be going 100% because its a final?

Cats did us a massive favour by showing that you guys are only mortal. Im amazed that you think its going to be easy. Our side has improved so much since we last met, and we have no injury concerns. Your side does.

why???

because your players wouldn't be motivated enough by the prospect of an easy path through to a prelim - that they required a belting to get up for the finals?

That's either a ridiculous assertion on your behalf or a massive flaw in the Collingwood team. You choose.

Next we'll find out that this year's GF will have extra motivation for Collingwood being Cloke's 150th.

Because the only team that can beat Collingwood this year is Collingwood, make no mistake about that, Mick just released the pressure, now he gets to be angry/snarly and the players won't go around like millionaires, they will do excactly what he tells them too, they will play 4 qtrs this week and they will give you an almighty hiding, mark my words, congrats on making the 4 but you'll wish you hadn't after next week. :thumbsu:

Because the only team that can beat Collingwood this year is Collingwood, make no mistake about that, Mick just released the pressure, now he gets to be angry/snarly and the players won't go around like millionaires, they will do excactly what he tells them too, they will play 4 qtrs this week and they will give you an almighty hiding, mark my words, congrats on making the 4 but you'll wish you hadn't after next week. :thumbsu:

And if you would have won - they wouldn't played 4 quarters this week?

Wow - winning finals and premierships mustn't be much motivation for Collinwood then.

For a regular season game, yes. Finals, no.

Do you think the pies will go 100% because they got flogged last week?
Or will they be going 100% because its a final?

Cats did us a massive favour by showing that you guys are only mortal. Im amazed that you think its going to be easy. Our side has improved so much since we last met, and we have no injury concerns. Your side does.

As good as we've been, complacency was starting to creep in, when you go around like we have belting the living shit out of everyone players start thinking they don't need to do this or don't need to do that, at our best we play as a unit, when we play as a unit we are unbeatable.

Nothing like setting yourself up for a massive fall.

Even if we lose this weekend, we'll be glad we made the 4, because we'll then have Essendon/Carlton at home.

Wait, I thought it was the umpire's fault you lost against Geelong the first time?? And actually now I am worried, because given your logic, you're actually coming off a 96 point win as well.

Gee mate, we were in terrible form back then, Crows almost beat us, Port made a run at us during the 3rd, that was our worst period of the year, you will see the real Collingwood this week, be afraid, be very afraid.

Either you haven't been watching football long or you're a slow learner.

Been watching football for a very long time, i know better than to judge a team on a NAB cup result or a dead rubber, i'm glad you think you're a chance, i really do, but do the math, you're no chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Approaching Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back