Game Day April fools showdown

Remove this Banner Ad

I see tonight as a free hit. Go out and play attacking Footy and see what happens.

We lose, meh Ken is one win closer to making the Eight and that auto extension clause kicking in.

We win, happy days.

Worst result is getting blown away playing negative Football like last week.

Last edited:

I see tonight as a free hit. Go out and play attacking Footy and see what happens.

We lose, meh Ken is one win closer to making the Eight and that auto extension clause kicking in.

We win, happy days.

Worst result is getting blown away playing negative Football like last week.
Can't see us playing anything like last week. Brodie Smith on 5AA admitted that in round one they thought the ball movement was a bit rushed and caused us to be killed on the rebound, so they tried to possess the ball more against Collingwood and unfortunately went way too far and moved it too slow. Need to remember there are still 14 sub-50 gamers in this team, they will take time to get things like this right on a consistent basis, which Brodie said comes once you start hitting the 50-100 game mark.

Can't see us playing anything like last week. Brodie Smith on 5AA admitted that in round one they thought the ball movement was a bit rushed and caused us to be killed on the rebound, so they tried to possess the ball more against Collingwood and unfortunately went way too far and moved it too slow. Need to remember there are still 14 sub-50 gamers in this team, they will take time to get things like this right on a consistent basis, which Brodie said comes once you start hitting the 50-100 game mark.

We were rushed and got killed on the rebound and then moved it too slow and got killed on the rebound.
I know which killed on the rebound I prefer
No wonder the team looked confused out there

We were rushed and got killed on the rebound and then moved it too slow and got killed on the rebound.
I know which killed on the rebound I prefer
No wonder the team looked confused out there
Exactly, but a balance is definitely needed if you want to compete for 4 quarters over a whole season, playing too quickly will burn the team out. Our kids will get better at developing this balance and knowing when to play tempo/go fast, but I can't see consistency in this area until at least 2023 after a few have started ticking over the 50 game mark.

Yeah I do still think we are using games to test different game styles, with the results not really mattering.

Would be nice to see a refined version of the third quarter Freo game.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, but a balance is definitely needed if you want to compete for 4 quarters over a whole season, playing too quickly will burn the team out. Our kids will get better at developing this balance and knowing when to play tempo/go fast, but I can't see consistency in this area until at least 2023 after a few have started ticking over the 50 game mark.

I still reckon they need to balance the movement we do with what we do with where we place our extra number. Last week we were tripping over each other at the contests and had no outlets. Alternatively we couldve put an extra (or even two) back so if they got the quick rebound from our turnover, they couldn't just bring it in quickly to their forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day April fools showdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Back