APS Pre-season 2005/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate geelong arn't the only school not giving scholarships, St Kevins have never done it and had one of the best batsmen the APS has seen last yr.

Not as if scholarships are a new thing either, Caufield have won 11 APS Athletics titles in a row - and emptied a few cheek books in the process, Carey challenged them last yr due to the same reasons.....

Maybe a limit should be brough in or something, but the APS is defiantly not a level playing field at the moment. The hailerbury football side is an absolute joke with the whole side basically on scholarsips

nicho_magic said:
no school does it like haileybury, everybody knows that, most football teams have 3-4 footy scholarships and that is max. haileybury for that matter have 19+. yes it most likely will never happen however, i am sure it might be threatened if there stupid antics continue, none of you understand the pure scale of haileybury's scholarsips
Mate, I do know the scale, and no, I didn't enjoy getting hammered by their 10A's 217-0 (We got 1 inside 40 for the entire game), I'm just saying that it won't happen, because it is nearly impossible. Nearly...

And about Geelong being the only schools without scholarships, I said just about every team, Skevs falls into the catagory of not one of the teams.

nicho_magic said:
no school does it like haileybury, everybody knows that, most football teams have 3-4 footy scholarships and that is max. haileybury for that matter have 19+. yes it most likely will never happen however, i am sure it might be threatened if there stupid antics continue, none of you understand the pure scale of haileybury's scholarsips

I think everyone does know the scale of the scholarships, as on the school footy board thats all was discussed for 6 months.

smoking said:
Do BGS give sports scholarships. If so how many in the team which won the cricket premiership?
they had 3, although two started at the school on nothing, and they were forced to give them scholarships when they became dam fine sportsmen. damiano was on one and mcguinnes. as well as steve singh, however he didn't play ones. so they only had 2 as far as i know.

nicho_magic said:
they had 3, although two started at the school on nothing, and they were forced to give them scholarships when they became dam fine sportsmen. damiano was on one and mcguinnes. as well as steve singh, however he didn't play ones. so they only had 2 as far as i know.

You seem to know a lot about every schools scholarship programs, is it your duty to find out these things or are you just jealous that you never got one?

Day 2 of GGS cricket camp...

Bit of centre wicket practice. I went the slog and made 21 off 9 balls, before being caught in the deep. Not bad for a number 11 batting at 7.

Our 1st XI will be ok, the next XI will be attrocious.

ablettjnr said:
Day 2 of GGS cricket camp...

Bit of centre wicket practice. I went the slog and made 21 off 9 balls, before being caught in the deep. Not bad for a number 11 batting at 7.

Our 1st XI will be ok, the next XI will be attrocious.

How many games you reckon you could win this season?

_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
You seem to know a lot about every schools scholarship programs, is it your duty to find out these things or are you just jealous that you never got one?
more like because i have played a lot of rep cricket with the blokes on scholarships like mcguinness as 1 example and therefor you find out these things. hence why i know who was on scholarships last year from most of the schools in my area.

_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
Geeze not looking good at all
Yeah, but it never really has. Last year was one win (Wesley) and the year before that was one win (HAILEYBURY!!!!).

Actually the Haileybury one was good, my brother who was the only bowler they had (no joke, the other opener was the no.3 batsman) picked up 5 fa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ablettjnr said:
Yeah, but it never really has. Last year was one win (Wesley) and the year before that was one win (HAILEYBURY!!!!).

Actually the Haileybury one was good, my brother who was the only bowler they had (no joke, the other opener was the no.3 batsman) picked up 5 fa.

If that was last game 2 years ago i didnt play in it as i was away on another cricket tour thingy

but i remember playing a Geelong at home on a wet track that year and we decided to bat (god knows why) and got skittled, our best spinner nearly won us the game but o well.

_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
If that was last game 2 years ago i didnt play in it as i was away on another cricket tour thingy

but i remember playing a Geelong at home on a wet track that year and we decided to bat (god knows why) and got skittled, our best spinner nearly won us the game but o well.
Yeah it was 2 years ago, but we batted first and made 170 odd i think.

_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
Yeah i didnt play that game i think, o well we were crap back then
Yeah well losing to that side, you gotta be crap.

The friday night of the Xavier game (last game of the season for them), 9 out of the 11 went to Dallas (Strip club) and got hammered. And boy, was it obvious. Knocked over for under 50 in the second dig to lose outright. Quote my brother who batted at 11. "Hey boys, want the cup now?", followed by a spooned catch to cover.

ablettjnr said:
Mate, I do know the scale, and no, I didn't enjoy getting hammered by their 10A's 217-0 (We got 1 inside 40 for the entire game), I'm just saying that it won't happen, because it is nearly impossible. Nearly...

And about Geelong being the only schools without scholarships, I said just about every team, Skevs falls into the catagory of not one of the teams.

Did you say that you got hammered by the hailebury 2005 10 A's? Because we played against them and i didnt think they had any scholarship players.

cfc05 said:
Mate geelong arn't the only school not giving scholarships, St Kevins have never done it and had one of the best batsmen the APS has seen last yr.

Not as if scholarships are a new thing either, Caufield have won 11 APS Athletics titles in a row - and emptied a few cheek books in the process, Carey challenged them last yr due to the same reasons.....

Maybe a limit should be brough in or something, but the APS is defiantly not a level playing field at the moment. The hailerbury football side is an absolute joke with the whole side basically on scholarsips

at the athletics in the all schools relays this year carey and caufiel equal first on 80 mgs 2nd on 79 due to the u16 relay batton being knocked out by the carey boy. mgs beat haylebury scotch and all other powerhouse schools to show u dont need scholarships and came so close 2 winning it

I hear Xavier will be a very strong line-up, with the likes of E.Prowse smashing em around at the top order and also players like Webb and D.Prowse around the middle order

everyone has forgotten xavier in this whole equation. ordinary season last yr but how often does it happen twice. Rumour is new coach, and apparently a couple of blokes have really come along. Will have a very strong bowling attack.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS Pre-season 2005/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Back