APS Pre-season 2005/06

Remove this Banner Ad

MGS played Peninsula after playing (and beating) Camberwell last week.

Batted first, 9/207 off 55, Vance 40, Carter 33, Gobbo 46*
Peninsula 9/175 off 55, Vance 3/25 (11)

Play Scotch next week in a practice match, before having the bye round 1, and playing BGS round 2.

Plenty of competition for spots, should be a good year.

We've played 2 AGS teams without full strength sides, APS >>> AGS.
Peninsula had one good player, Ben Clements made 78, was in the VIC U/17's and made the Australian squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread is sickening.

PJ-Rod said:
We've played 2 AGS teams without full strength sides, APS >>> AGS.
Peninsula had one good player, Ben Clements made 78, was in the VIC U/17's and made the Australian squad.

He played in the Vic 15s side, got selected in the Australian 15 s, but they dont play any games so it is only an honourable thing being picked. But he is good.

PJ-Rod said:
Fair Call ablett. Who'll win GGS vs GC
Hard to say actually. GC had Bennet Merriman last year who was an APS opener, so he was the difference. This year, they will be badly weakened by the loss of him and a few others. Our batting lacks strength, but our bowling is pretty good (in comparison to our batting anyway). Always a good game between the cross-town rivals, but I can't give you a real answer. I would say that they have the upper hand in the one day version because our batsman struggle to score runs quickly. When we play them later on in the two dayer it should be a good one.

Xavier are playing a practice match tomorrow I believe (with finalised team). Anyone know who's in it?

When are the other sides like St.Kevins, Scotch etc going to announce their sides for the coming season?

Remove this Banner Ad

APS Pre-season 2005/06

Remove this Banner Ad

Back