APS pre seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Wesley this year fellas?

Given Glenn Manton the axe, instilled a bit of discipline in the side, got beaten by ten goals by two separate teams in Adelaide and are just travelling beautifully.

I tell you what though, they've got a ruckman, he's about 6'3, cannot kick on his left foot and has the stamina of an eighty year old smoker......but he will get picked up next year. Heard on the grapevine that his name is S. Grose (surely a chance to get drafted on the basis of his name a la Jaryd Roughead) and he has all the potential in the world - well, that's what he'll tell you anyway.

If any of you are actual APS players, $50 to the first person who sits him on his backside. I would, but even at 6'3 he's too bloody tall for me.

I know when I went to school St Kevins were usually the also runs in most sports.Maybe they don't dish out sports scholarships as much as others ie Xavier do.

Suffa_mc said:
De La beat Melb High and Whitefriars and nearly knocked off Scotch without 5-6 TAC players

k lets settle this u idiot!
mhs dominated de la and won by about 7 behinds...without our tac cup players and had it been a dry day wouldve cleaned up by at least 5 goals in the half.... du count harris, dowling, toniolo n that as ur tac cup players? i bloody hope not.

scotch beat us n theyre a very solid team.... we lost our skipper and a few others thru injury but still scotch were too good.

whitefriars won.. yeh but we had a half arse team in n all the good players who were on the ground at that stage either werent tryin or playing out of position coz we were stuffed! u cant judge anything on the last game

Poison said:
What about Wesley this year fellas?

Given Glenn Manton the axe, instilled a bit of discipline in the side, got beaten by ten goals by two separate teams in Adelaide and are just travelling beautifully.

I tell you what though, they've got a ruckman, he's about 6'3, cannot kick on his left foot and has the stamina of an eighty year old smoker......but he will get picked up next year. Heard on the grapevine that his name is S. Grose (surely a chance to get drafted on the basis of his name a la Jaryd Roughead) and he has all the potential in the world - well, that's what he'll tell you anyway.

If any of you are actual APS players, $50 to the first person who sits him on his backside. I would, but even at 6'3 he's too bloody tall for me.
Lol mate, you would have more chance.

Scotch College(Perth) play Scotch(Melbourne) tomorrow anyone going down to watch it. Heard MGS 1st 18 defeated Scotch (Perth) by 90 points without some of their better country players

dutchy12 said:
Scotch College(Perth) play Scotch(Melbourne) tomorrow anyone going down to watch it. Heard MGS 1st 18 defeated Scotch (Perth) by 90 points without some of their better country players
What about the soccer, you guys have any interest in that??

unirossa26 said:
k lets settle this u idiot!
mhs dominated de la and won by about 7 behinds...without our tac cup players and had it been a dry day wouldve cleaned up by at least 5 goals in the half.... du count harris, dowling, toniolo n that as ur tac cup players? i bloody hope not.

scotch beat us n theyre a very solid team.... we lost our skipper and a few others thru injury but still scotch were too good.

whitefriars won.. yeh but we had a half arse team in n all the good players who were on the ground at that stage either werent tryin or playing out of position coz we were stuffed! u cant judge anything on the last game
mhs cannot play football, it showed when they were up against De La's 2's team and i think just lost or maybe just won. No i dont count those blokes as De Las Tac players. Semmel,pickett,fairbrother,gotch,richards and players like harris were not playing

Suffa_mc said:
mhs cannot play football, it showed when they were up against De La's 2's team and i think just lost or maybe just won. No i dont count those blokes as De Las Tac players. Semmel,pickett,fairbrother,gotch,richards and players like harris were not playing
Who are you?

Suffa_mc said:

yeh massive names mate, do they get in best players every week like say an u/17 playing dragons....T Johnston, better than any hack at de la. so u were playin ur 2's haha ur a tool so toniolo's in ur 2's even tho he'd be in ur top 5-6 definately. does that also mean that dowlings in ur 2's. nice effort in tryin to downgrade us beating u haha.... fool. see if u won maybe u could say trash like that but fact is we had quite a few of our starting 18 missing n we completely outplayed u in a soaking wet game.

smasher said:
I know when I went to school St Kevins were usually the also runs in most sports.Maybe they don't dish out sports scholarships as much as others ie Xavier do.

U will find that we don't give out sports scholarships. Unlike other APS schools.

MHS have some great skilled players in T. Johnston, J. Richmond, A. Littlehales, and D. Wiseman among others. Their intensity is a bit of the problem at the moment, but it will pick up.
Its been a shocking preseason so far for MHS mainly due to lack of training, and it will only improve.
Private school, who train their absolute arses off, are always going to be better prepared than MHS at this stage of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dee_123 said:
U will find that we don't give out sports scholarships. Unlike other APS schools.

Spot on! No point - especially when we blood so many champions ourselves.

I used to question Brother Mac about all the Tongans they used to poach for rugby and whether they were 'aided' through their schooling!

smasher said:
Xavier rarely give out sport scholarships. 95% of scholarships given are academic ones or general excellence scholarships and very rarely for footy. At the moment there are two scholarships in the Xavier firsts one was an absolute buy in Tarrants brother the other was given to an aboriginal, Cody Sibasado to board and that was fair enough.
Now if you had put Caulfield, Carey or Haileybry in that sentence you would have made more sense.

PJ-Rod said:
"General Exellence" = Sports (Football) Scholarships. Lets not be ignorant.
It includes music. I personally knew 2 people on scholarships, one was an extremely smart kid and got 98 in his enter and played 1st cricket the other a very good musician who also plays 1st crikcet.
At Xavier when they put a kid on a scholarship 9 times out of 10 it is for academic. We rarely go out and recruit dumb arse awesome footy players, ie Goddard. However this year I frown upon the tarrant scholarship and thats what happens when you have to compete agaisnt people who have full sides on scholarships, but that is just one player and I don't know the kid he may be extremely smart, but smart and tarrant are rarely said in the same sentence.

dutchy12 said:

Actually it's tomorrow, i think the TAC boys won't be playing and still probably a few injured but i'll be there.

unirossa26 said:
yeh massive names mate, do they get in best players every week like say an u/17 playing dragons....T Johnston, better than any hack at de la. so u were playin ur 2's haha ur a tool so toniolo's in ur 2's even tho he'd be in ur top 5-6 definately. does that also mean that dowlings in ur 2's. nice effort in tryin to downgrade us beating u haha.... fool. see if u won maybe u could say trash like that but fact is we had quite a few of our starting 18 missing n we completely outplayed u in a soaking wet game.

He talks fairly big for a bloke whose team just got smashed by Wesley.

Wesley, fa' f**ks sake!

P*ss off and come back and talk to us when your champion school starts to get a few wins on the board against proper opposition.

Poison said:
He talks fairly big for a bloke whose team just got smashed by Wesley.

Wesley, fa' f**ks sake!

P*ss off and come back and talk to us when your champion school starts to get a few wins on the board against proper opposition.
As I said, MHS have had a very limited preseason, so I expect to be beaten convincingly by private schools - who donate a lot more of their time towards training etc than Melbourne High can. The fact that Wesley beat us is not at all surprising, but the fact that De La was beaten by us was somewhat embarrassing from a private school.

Remove this Banner Ad

APS pre seasons

Remove this Banner Ad

Back