APS Season 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Good game to miss FM if it goes ahead!
If I was in charge of Geelong College there would be zero chance I'd risk my VCE kids going to Brighton Grammar for a game of footy given exams are in the next two weeks. Particularly given one of the infected Brighton kids is a Year 11 and is probably in classes and mates with guys in the school footy team.

It'll be interesting to see if it goes ahead and if it doesn't for some reason what they do with the result.

Scotch vs St Kevins.

Great match for Bulldogs fans with Liam Jones, our young gun KPP, up against two potential father/son picks in Mitch Wallis and Tom Liberatore.

Any thoughts on which team will come out on top?

mate theres no farther/son draft anymore

If I was in charge of Geelong College there would be zero chance I'd risk my VCE kids going to Brighton Grammar for a game of footy given exams are in the next two weeks. Particularly given one of the infected Brighton kids is a Year 11 and is probably in classes and mates with guys in the school footy team.

It'll be interesting to see if it goes ahead and if it doesn't for some reason what they do with the result.

There would never have been a doubt that the game was going to be played. Only thing that may have happened is if someone was really paranoid, then they wouldnt have played. But it would have been the choice of the individual. And lets be serious, Im not sure too many, if any first footballers wouldnt play a game of footy because of fear of swine flu. They probably have a greater chance of contracting it on public transport on the way to and from school. Cancelling the game is a ridiculous precaution. And if it was such a threat, i dont think they would have had Golden Boy Jack Watts strutting around the oval with just about everyone at BGS coming up and wishing him good luck before he plays on monday. He would have had more chance of getting it than anyone playing for Geelong.

mate theres no farther/son draft anymore
Yes there is!

There would never have been a doubt that the game was going to be played. Only thing that may have happened is if someone was really paranoid, then they wouldnt have played. But it would have been the choice of the individual. And lets be serious, Im not sure too many, if any first footballers wouldnt play a game of footy because of fear of swine flu. They probably have a greater chance of contracting it on public transport on the way to and from school.
I agree with all of that. You've got more chance contracting the flu from other sources like public transport or shopping centres.

But just three days ago entire schools were being closed because a couple students had contracted the flu. They've relaxed those rules since, but if those rules were still in place then it would've been interesting to see what happened.

Anyway Brighton had a handy win - 22 points I think the margin was. Geelong College's forward line seems a bit suspect, kicked four goals in the first quarter but they struggled to find a target down there. They gave Alexander Carr a lot of space to lead into but he's only a smallish forward. No big body down there.

Anyway Brighton had a handy win - 22 points I think the margin was. Geelong College's forward line seems a bit suspect, kicked four goals in the first quarter but they struggled to find a target down there. They gave Alexander Carr a lot of space to lead into but he's only a smallish forward. No big body down there.
I only watched the third quarter, and from what i saw from a mutual perspective, neither team had much of a forward structure. BGS were dropping a man deep so although the 50 was open, their FF never had much of a chance. Kicked a couple of good goals from the midfield. Brighton took several marks inside 45, but no one really dominated down forward from what i saw, other than Jack Watts, who had a swarm of followers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a good effort from MGS without Steven May. Anybody know how many Luke Mitchell kicked?

Any standouts?[/quote]

The big dragon slayer that is Luke Mitchell kicked 3. At half time all of MGS were struggling and the crowd were starting to talk about the prospect of MGS ‘tanking’ for next year, but the big El Capitano carried the MOGS over the line. He may be an injury concern for next week though as he had to get his tight shorts surgically after the game.

Go Scotch!!

Anyone want to give a prediction on how the rest of the season will pan out hailibury have big games to come any more big upsets or alot off the sting has gone out of the season high achievers and under achievers any one got anything

Anyone want to give a prediction on how the rest of the season will pan out hailibury have big games to come any more big upsets or alot off the sting has gone out of the season high achievers and under achievers any one got anything

probs skevs and hailebury.. have the biggest chance to win it this year

Should be a very interesting finish to the season with the current team to beat Haileybury, who face 2nd placed St Kevin’s this week. Both teams still have to overcome MGS, BGS, GGS and Haileybury will also play WC as St Kevin’s still have the bye. On their day the first 3 teams are all hard to beat and could quite easily cause an upset. It could be a very interesting last round as St Kevin’s play BGS, will Watts play his last ever game of APS footy? More interestingly though this week when St Kevin’s and Haileybury play Vic metro is also playing, I will assume that Scully is playing for VM, but will Purcell play for school or VM? Massive call in what looms as a premiership deciding game

Remove this Banner Ad

APS Season 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Back