Are Collingwood really that good???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
geez iwish maxwell didnt hurt himself in the 2nd Q and was out the rest of the game.
geez i wish luke ball wasnt out with a groin problem
geez i wish alan didak wasnt out with a hip problem
geez i wish out of the 10 extra scoring shots we couldve got 1 extra goal
geez i hope dawes comes in after kicking 6 in a half in the VFL on the w/e

:rolleyes:

it is nothing to hang your hat on either, 1 flag in 50yrs is an ordinary return for such a successful club :thumbsu:

Okay, well if we're playing your game, then I'll turn around and say Hawthorn has only won 6 Premierships in its history if you subtract the 80s. Thats kinda pathetic, if you think about it.

Sounds stupid huh?

14 Premiership to Collingwood. Troll if you like and say we've won only 1 in 50 years, I wouldn't care less, I already know thats the case. Doesn't change the fact that we're in a good position this season.

they can challenge any team if they get their best team in playing good footy. unfortunately most weeks there are a few players who dont show up.

Don't write them off yet, they are just feeling for the mid-season break.

They've had ANZAC Day, the fallout from that St Kilda game, a huge game against Carlton and that massive Friday night game against Geelong, and a trip to Perth in the first 11 weeks.

I can excuse them for having a down day, on a day Melbourne always come to play - their biggest day for the year.

The haters are out in force as usual but look a little deeper and I at least think there were reasons for them being a little off today. They'll be better for the break and are well placed to come home really strongly - last six games at the 'G for them yes?

Very wise words:)

Are Melbourne really that good? I don't think so ... so I have never thought the Pies were a threat this year..nothing has changed.
But well done to the Dees for scrapping out a close game, the majority of Vics were right behind you in the dying minutes :)
You could say it's a win to the Dees, a loss to the Pies.

Pies are ok when they can run ahead of the ball and free run but once a side can pressure their ball carriers they're exposed down back. Win high scoring games but their last 3 low scoring games have resulted in 2 losses and a draw, one to Brisbane and a draw with Melbourne.

No premierships there especially with some of the same blokes who go missing in finals.

At the start of this round, a team that was 2nd on the ladder plays a team 13th. It has a chance to stamp its authority and claim itself as the second best team in the comp against a team with good kids, but still learning & developing.

What happens? The young team applies pressure in a big game, and the collingwood frontrunners go missing....and the pies supporters start with the excuses....

After todays game...NO

the usual suspects are soft as butter and 'front running' seems to be a title that springs to mind when ever that clubs named is mentioned..

take nothing away from the Dee's they played some great footy using the corridor, whilst the Pies seemed more intent on going wide and flooding at every opportunity...

Are the Pies that good?

Nope they are not. Front runners who think they are movie stars at times. Pathetic, gutless and not willing to make an effort. Only ones able to hold head up at the moment are Thomas and Swan. The rest can go **** themselves. I am sick of this trash year after year, absolute pretenders.

they can challenge any team if they get their best team in playing good footy. unfortunately most weeks there are a few players who dont show up.

Pretty much sums it up. :thumbsu:

We have a few passengers. We're a top 4 side, but we're two classes below Geelong, and a class below the Saints. It's funny the way Hawks fans are trying to wind up Collingwood supporters here. We look forward to belting you again in round 22. We might not be a top 2 side, but we're certainly better than you. :)

Pies are a very good side when they get their game plan going and start running the ball around the wings and create opportunist goals. Slowing the game down and creating stoppages seems to stifle them a bit.

It is silly to say that because they kicked inaccurately, they should have won by 10 goals today.

A real concern with the KPPs, after the start of the year expected Dawes and Anthony to be the key forwards.

Fraser, Cloke and Brown are too many ineffective talls to carry in one side imo. It would be like the Dees playing 3 Watts.

If Pies just had 3 more running players instead of those three the result would have probably been different. Take a leaf out of North's book, no KPP is better than a carbon rod, we have looked much better since Hale has gone out of the side.

**** off
.... and **** off

**** off
.... and **** off
Be realistic puppet. I don't think he was having a go at Watts just saying that Watts with his output to forward pressure ratio can be a negative. Probably with 6 marks, a goal and a beautiful goal assist he wasn't really a negative today, but certainly having 3 of him in one forward line would be a disaster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne supporters, be prepared for the 'our inaccuracy kept you in the game' lines and how they would of put you away a lot earlier.

You'd have to say that on some of Collingwoods losses this year, I think it would be fair to argue that a pattern is forming...

Their inaccuracy is keeping them out of the game!

Hawthorn supporters getting a bit ahead of themselves?

Of course were good, were third on the ladder. We are the next best after Geelong and Stkilda that is all.

Same old Same old, we will lose in another prelim, we are the team that always shows alot of promise but never delivers when it counts. To many soft players not willing to put there head over the ball at crucial stages costs us. Not having Ball's grunt today hurt us, and didaks finishing skills. Anyway we got 2 points in a game we should've in my opinion won by 10 goals. 22 behinds is just pathetic. Malthouse needs to drop L.Brown and Fraser, Dawes has to come in and im not sure, real problem with the second ruck posi, wood is hopeless.

Melbourne supporters, be prepared for the 'our inaccuracy kept you in the game' lines and how they would of put you away a lot earlier.

You'd have to say that on some of Collingwoods losses this year, I think it would be fair to argue that a pattern is forming...

Their inaccuracy is keeping them out of the game!

Errrr what else would you classify it as? If Collingwood had utilised their 12 scoring shots in the first quarter, the game wouldn't have had a different outcome? If Collingwood had done a bit better than 1 goals and 9 behinds in the third, the result wouldn't have been different? Common sense, mate, its common sense.

We look forward to belting you again in round 22. We might not be a top 2 side, but we're certainly better than you. :)

interesting you should say that, considering we have smashed your insipid mob countless times and only 2 yrs ago won a flag...you however :eek:
what 1 flag in 50yrs???

Okay, well if we're playing your game, then I'll turn around and say Hawthorn has only won 6 Premierships in its history if you subtract the 80s. Thats kinda pathetic, if you think about it.

Sounds stupid huh?

14 Premiership to Collingwood. Troll if you like and say we've won only 1 in 50 years, I wouldn't care less, I already know thats the case. Doesn't change the fact that we're in a good position this season.

How many Premierships when bryle cream and pin-stripe suits were the norm? just like I thought alot :p

where as conversely, Hawks have at least one flag every decade since the 60's....so good luck with your trolling :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back