Are Essendon the real deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Where's the hype coming from? Media and hysterical BF posters (from both sides of the fence)? I for one am not getting carried away and most reasonable Essendon supporters won't be either.

I'll be happy if Essendon earn respect amongst the competition this year, that's what I hope for! :thumbsu:

A lot of your supporters and the media are getting a bit too carried away after 1 game.

A lot of your supporters and the media are getting a bit too carried away after 1 game.

I think you will find that most of us aren't.

And to hell with the media..Why do you care? Why does anyone care about the media and what they have to say? There in it to sell.

Media will be as hot on us while we're up as they will be cold when we're down.

All supporter groups have them. You should know that! :p

Re: post above. Yeah, you did post Essendon midfielders dominated. Probably shouldn't have directed my post at you, anyhow.

We'll beat Sydney in Sydney this weekend and we'll do it easily. What will the excuse be for Essendon's victory?

Oh really? Is that the sound of air deflating in the tyres? Welcome back to reality Essendon. This might teach you to keep a lid on it. Midfield was pretty poor today.

We will see but they have no forward line and no defense from what I can see. There is only so much a midfield can do. WC will beat them by 6 goals + next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very true.

We'll beat Sydney in Sydney this weekend and we'll do it easily. What will the excuse be for Essendon's victory?

Umm....

We will see but they have no forward line and no defense from what I can see. There is only so much a midfield can do. WC will beat them by 6 goals + next week.

You up for a sigbet then, if you are so confident?

no they're an erractic young side who will have trouble finishing off sides all year. Coz their young they gona be heavily reliant upon confidence so when things aren't going their way you can expect to see some real ugly hidings this year. On the other side when things are going well everything will gel nicely and there'll be a lot of exciting play. But they don't have enough experience/depth to be a premiership threat.

Does WCE of 2006 ring a bell? The side was predominantly ALL midfield!

but Yes we do currently have no FWD or Backline due to KP injuries and injuries to very important players but it's okay because they should be back before next round (hopefully) and you can show us what a good side the mighty eagles are.

Sadly there was no coverage of the game up here in Brissy... So I've not seen it yet.

Pretty keen to see if Sydney receiving almost twice as many free kicks was warranted. Who saw the game? Sydney first to the ball? Essendons kids too hard and heavy? Local noise?

None the less. Beat the dogs last week, lost in a close one on the road this week. Not too bad! I love how people are aging Sydney are crap and therefore Essendon lost to a nobody. Funny stuff.

Well done Swannies, I am hanging for the replay in an hour on foxtel. Stupid channel 7!!!! :mad:

IN some ways, very similar result to last year and so you'd say that they're about the same - ie, pretty even with us and a few other developing teams.

But they were certainly much better at pressure when they didn't have the footy and Hurley looks like turning into a dead set champ. Plenty of upside but I think we can discount the top 4 hysteria.

Sadly there was no coverage of the game up here in Brissy... So I've not seen it yet.

Pretty keen to see if Sydney receiving almost twice as many free kicks was warranted. Who saw the game? Sydney first to the ball? Essendons kids too hard and heavy? Local noise?

None the less. Beat the dogs last week, lost in a close one on the road this week. Not too bad! I love how people are aging Sydney are crap and therefore Essendon lost to a nobody. Funny stuff.

Well done Swannies, I am hanging for the replay in an hour on foxtel. Stupid channel 7!!!! :mad:

Ask Reid. Free kick to Essendon in the centre, Reid ran off with the ball, took 2 bounces, kicked at goal from 50m, yet no 50m penalty to Essendon because "It was noisy". He somehow didn't hear the whistle constantly being blown. Strange that they had no trouble hearing the whistle the rest of the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are Essendon the real deal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back