Are North supporters supposed to be humble?

Remove this Banner Ad

ElwoodRoo1

Debutant
Mar 31, 2005
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I started up a thread on the AFL page, bagging Geelong (as you do) and I was told to bite my tongue by a North supporter, "North supporters are supposed to be humble" he or she said. What's with that?

The Roos have had a fantastic year, why not rub it in a little, if it bites us on the arse come finals time, who care's, lets enjoy it, its all fun.

ElwoodRoo1 said:
I started up a thread on the AFL page, bagging Geelong (as you do) and I was told to bite my tongue by a North supporter, "North supporters are supposed to be humble" he or she said. What's with that?

The Roos have had a fantastic year, why not rub it in a little, if it bites us on the arse come finals time, who care's, lets enjoy it, its all fun.
Negrodamus: Be at one with yourself

There was a survey done not long ago somewhere, I can't remember as I only saw the results, but North supporter's are the least hated by other supporter's, it's probably because we are quite as you say 'humble', we don't usually rub it in by posting on other boards etc, as we try not to stoop to the level of the other supporters, who as Star said are usually from the bottom 3 of the bottom 4 on the ladder.

...my expeirience with the main board is that there are a number who continually bait us. sometimes i ignore, others i cant help myself. too many threads re. our name and canberra this year. last week the pies fans were sooking big time after the loss and i copped a couple of backhanders.

someone has a thread about 'essendon' at the moment there moaning about why hawkers are giving them a hard time...poor filth.

gaso

Noah took one of each on the Ark.

Knock yourself out, just be witty and right, or stupid and wrong, like Apollo :)

Just kidding apollo

Don't worry about it. Pretty much every team has the range from cocky types who'll rub everything in other clubs' faces through to posters who are so completely humble and gracious about everything you wonder if they ever reaise their voices at the games. Each to their own, and I don't think our BF population is especially sweet.

Normally fellow supporters only step in if someone has gone completely over the line - I'm guessing some North people feel we should keep it reasonably quiet and not look for trouble when our form has been less than stellar.

If you dish it out, just be ready to take it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are North supporters supposed to be humble?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back