Autopsy North vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

In the cold light of day, this is correct!!
As much as l was peeved with todays effort, we need to look at our performance after the bye:
Rd.1 Giants Loss 82-121 39 Rd.13 Eagles Win 74-65 9
Rd.2 Dockers Loss 76-102 26 Rd.14 Magpies Loss 118-119 1
Rd.3 Blues Loss 81-137 56 Rd.15 Demons Loss 67-70 3
Rd.4 Lions Loss 42-112 70 Rd.16 Bulldogs Loss 60-77 17
Rd.5 Cats Loss 64-139 75 Rd.17 Suns Win 87-83 4
Rd.6 Hawks Loss 68-113 45 Rd.18 Swans Loss 59-138 79
Rd.7 Crows Loss 81-138 57 Rd.19 Blues Loss 88-107 19
Rd.8 Saints Loss 65-103 38 Rd.20 Cats Loss 66-106 40
Rd.9 Suns Loss 52-120 68 Rd.21 Tigers Win 90-77 13
Rd.10 Bombers Loss 66-106 40 Rd.22 Eagles Loss 97-102 5
Rd.11 Power Loss 48-107 59 Rd.23 Bulldogs Loss 42-138 96

Take the Geelong game out as that scoreline as we were super competitive and in winnable positions, today's and Swannies game are the only two that we were comprehensively beaten/mulled if you want.

Stronger Together Love GIF by Shalita Grant

Thanks for that effort!

Someone was paying out McKercher for taking too many kick, run and kick moves and calling him a seagull earlier but he's often the only one trying to generate movement. Its like everyone else stands still looking at him thinking "Wow! What's he doing?" Atley had the same problem.
I can't believe how this team can play the fast running game like they did against Freo or Collingwood (for a half) and not recognise that this is how they ought to be moving. Those games show that they are capable of it (fitness might be an issue over the full 100 minutes) but as you say, they revert to standing still and clustering into packs.

We have players attempting 20m passes to blokes who are stationary. Even if the pass is perfect there's a huge risk of it being intercepted. If it isn't perfect then the target rarely has a chance to backtrack or lurch forward to win the ball. Other teams seem to kick to moving targets. The kick often forces the recipient to run hard to mark (like Bont today on a few occasions) but can make interception almost impossible. I doubt that a single entry into the North 50 today was kicked to the advantage of one of our forwards but then again, I doubt that any of our forwards lead into space to give the kicker an opportunity to offer a decent pass.

The hyperbole around here is a bit much. Richmond have won two games this year and West Coast are currently losing (at home) to half a Carlton side.

(Which is not to excuse today. Worst we've played all year and we should have lost by more).
They've won 4 of the last 7 premierships between them. It gives their current downswings slightly more context.

We racked up 7 straight top 10 picks in the same stretch.

the sad part is I don't think the Dogs had to get out of 2nd gear.

They just had to wait for the turnover.
I knew we were ****ed as soon as Comben dropped that chest mark.

Just wasn’t switched on.

Do you want to know why I am angry?
I pay $650 x 5 membership’s every year for 8 home games & 3 pay back away games …
For the same dog shit & pathetic effort from our club …
You get eight?

I only get seven…

That Joel Freijah kid goes alright. Dunno why anyone didn’t pull the trigger on him earlier than pick 45 last year. So ****ing obvious he had all the tools to be an AFL footballer.
Yeah l couldn't remember if it was you or one of the other posters raving about Freijah last year but he looked so ready....then again put Hardeman in that backline and he probably would've looked great as well...why oh why do get transitioned out so quickly and easily via the wings of all places!!

I’ve become the supporter I used to hate. I go out of my way to schedule other things at the same time as north games - check the scores on my phone, sigh, then put my phone down and get on with my weekend. It’s made me happier but am as disconnected to north and AFL in general than ever.

I remember watching AFL 360 and listening to SEN in 2015…that’ll be the 10 year anniversary next year 😂
That’s okay. It’s been hard work, like really f*cking hard work, supporting this club over the last ten years. Just don’t give up completely, it will get better and the club will still be here when your schedule opens up.

That’s okay. It’s been hard work, like really f*cking hard work, supporting this club over the last ten years. Just don’t give up completely, it will get better and the club will still be here when your schedule opens up.
Only 10 years hard work ? 😢 boo hoo …
Try 50 years campaigner

Look, we’re all angry at the same thing we’ve been angry about from the very start of the year.

No leadership. And shit skills also coming from the leaders.

Jy and Luke. Typical. Enjoyed Luke’s 3rd quarter pump up. Almost looked like he was getting into the bulldogs rev up, but he tried nonetheless to pump his backline up.

Zuurhar, Larkey. These campaigners think they’re still 3rd year players? Can you for the love of god find a way to get into the game? You’ve had enough practice for the past 3 years to find a way.

Powell. You’re vanilla, we get it, but you’re not shit. Don’t think you can fade out into the crowed and think no one will notice you not on the ground. Get involved.

Scott, I need more pointing from you. Call shit out and organise more. Jy’s certainly not doing it.

Who the **** was telling McKercher he was hot? Or they all aren’t used to seeing a north player run like that before, they all just shit there pants?
Ldu didn’t know what to do.

Sheils at least tried and threw his body around.

Where are these kids? He spoke about it last year and did let them play.

We’ve seen **** all of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big offseason coming up. I wonder if they can simulate practicing ball skills under pressure but without the risk of injuries through match practice. It was diabolical today.

Make sheezel captain and let him write programs for pre season for everyone, **** it let him pick the r1 side based on if these spuds can hit 5 targets and run 5km when they get back from pigging out on steaks at Zurhaar and Petracca’s preseason cook fest

That Joel Freijah kid goes alright. Dunno why anyone didn’t pull the trigger on him earlier than pick 45 last year. So ****ing obvious he had all the tools to be an AFL footballer.
Rawling and Claytons have about 23 names on their list each year.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've not gotten to watch much much footy this year, so I only have the shorelines and YouTube clips to go by.

But the last two losses have been pretty diabolical, and has me wondering if we have slid backwards, not just from last year but perhaps even from the first half of this year? We seem to have some exciting talent coming through yet we are still flatlining. I was expecting a sizeable loss as the dogs are miles ahead of us, but not giving them a 12 of 13 goal training session. What happens next?

Agree. I just don't think it happens again in my lifetime.
Please stop this. I'm 77 went to Hobart last week, Marvel today and booked for Launceston next week.
I'm hoping to see one convincing win before I fall off the perch.

Yeah l couldn't remember if it was you or one of the other posters raving about Freijah last year but he looked so ready....then again put Hardeman in that backline and he probably would've looked great as well...why oh why do get transitioned out so quickly and easily via the wings of all places!!

I was adamant he was a top 15 pick. 191cm powerful runner who is a booming kick. Couldn’t believe he lasted to a pick in the 40’s.

Rawling and Claytons have about 23 names on their list each year.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m almost 100% certain they don’t actually watch that much footage of junior players or players they are intending on recruiting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy North vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back