Are the Giants out of premiership discussion now the double chance is gone? ( 2.0 updated page 17 )

Remove this Banner Ad

In the space of 3 hours last Saturday these guys have gone from Richmond's number 1 contender to not being talked about at all now that they're out of the 4.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Giants?

Shit happens.When you have to win pretty much every game to make the top 4 it's likely you'll falter at some point.

We play out the year as best we can. I was confident going into the game against the Swans but it wasn't to be.( :mad:see the result of a sig/av bet).

To go all the way you need things to go right. We wont be easy beats but now we've decllned to play Williams because the Demons game is critical, it looks like we'll have a number of fresh players for finals. Toby was working into fitness before a second setback, he may play finals but he wont be at his best. Neither will Zac William's and Aiden Corr has now missed a fair bit of footy as well.

The story of this year has been the rise of Sam Taylor while fit, Aiden Bonar surprisingly as a leading forward, Zac Langdon and Brent Daniel's as small pressure forwards.

Interesting. They started well, slumped badly, regained their composure only to fall away again.

Another chance gone for the Giants.

No in the sense that the Giants were contending and have been for the last three years and again fell short.

Teams dont stay up in the top five end of the ladder forever.

What was the Giants aiming for this year compared to Carlton? Big difference.
If clubs aren't trying to win the comp then their licence should should be removed and given to someone who will. This B/S about expectations is meaningless. Some clubs are forced into a longer term plan, but they should definitely be trying.

As for the Blues I'm sure we would have liked to field as many first round picks as they did when, we played. That wasn't possible sadly.

No team is out of the premiership discussion but another year gone and there’s more cases mounting against the Giants and their ability to reach the top of the mountain.

If clubs aren't trying to win the comp then their licence should should be removed and given to someone who will. This B/S about expectations is meaningless. Some clubs are forced into a longer term plan, but they should definitely be trying.

As for the Blues I'm sure we would have liked to field as many first round picks as they did when, we played. That wasn't possible sadly.

You should go into politics.

Every team does plan to win the comp, just not in the same year.

Teams like Carlton, the Suns, Lions and Saints would have aimed to improve in 2018 and their best case result would have been pushing for the bottom of the eight.

Giants had an unlucky run with i juries.

Now the salary cap caught up with them and they shed three top line players. Or do you still beleive the Giants did not have a salary cap problem?

2019 will be a massive year for the Giants. Retaining both Kelly and Conligio is paramount to them staying at the relevant end of the top eight.

You should go into politics.

Every team does plan to win the comp, just not in the same year.

Teams like Carlton, the Suns, Lions and Saints would have aimed to improve in 2018 and their best case result would have been pushing for the bottom of the eight.

Giants had an unlucky run with i juries.

Now the salary cap caught up with them and they shed three top line players. Or do you still beleive the Giants did have a salary cap problem?

2019 will be a massive year for the Giants. Retaining both Kelly and Conligio is paramount to them staying at the relevant end of the top eight.
Well yeah

Dont misunderstand me, I'm not knocking those clubs. As in life it's ok to fall down, wallowing happily in the mud is not.

As for our year, every year is a big year, and while the group is in its prime we should be contending. I expect we will next year.

Our future is much less about individual players, than it is about our clubs ability to continue to nail drafts as we did last year. The start up concessions gave us a kick start, but the affect was always going to be temporary.

Well yeah

Dont misunderstand me, I'm not knocking those clubs. As in life it's ok to fall down, wallowing happily in the mud is not.

As for our year, every year is a big year, and while the group is in its prime we should be contending. I expect we will next year.

Our future is much less about individual players, than it is about our clubs ability to continue to nail drafts as we did last year. The start up concessions gave us a kick start, but the affect was always going to be temporary.

GWS and the Suns have pretty well dominated the first round of the draft since inception.

Recall reading GWS had used 9 first round picks in the previous 4 drafts.

So the original concessions have certainly flowed on to future drafts as young players such as Trelor and Shieldps leaving net multiple firsts.

GWS and the Suns have pretty well dominated the first round of the draft since inception.

So the original concessions have certainly flowed on to future drafts as young players such as Trelor and Shieldps leaving net multiple firsts.
Reality is we had pick 11 (Smith trade) two in the 30's and 56 last year. Using averages for a 7 year old club changing rapidly makes no sense.

Again that all 4 if those picks are very promising, and all contributed to the AFL side in their first year, is the real story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reality is we had pick 11 (Smith trade) two in the 30's and 56 last year. Using averages for a 7 year old club changing rapidly makes no sense.

Again that all 4 if those picks are very promising, and all contributed to the AFL side in their first year, is the real story.

It makes perfect sense when you are discussing if the intitial start up concessions advantages are finished or if there is a trailing advantantage from having them.

Well yeah

So the original concessions have certainly flowed on to future drafts as young players such as Trelor and Shiels leaving net multiple firsts.

It makes perfect sense when you are discussing if the intitial start up concessions advantages are finished or if there is a trailing advantantage from having them.

We moved onto discussing the start up consessions. Your view is they are finished.

Mine is there are trailing advantages still having an effect.

Nothing random about the discussion. You moved onto it.

Which ones. Ive quoted two of mine and two of yours!

It looks to be getting to the stage where I am ignoring my own policy as shown below.

I can’t see your sig on my phone but is it never argue with an idiot?

Which ones. Ive quoted two of mine and two of yours!

It looks to be getting to the stage where I am ignoring my own policy as shown below.
Yeah you did but not your post I referenced.

You can't post text and as long as it has lots of characters claim it contains a credible argument.

It is if course correct we have a residual benefit from our start up concessions. I have never claimed otherwise.

It isn't our story ongoing though, and is already rapidly becoming less relevant. This will continue.

Hence I dont discuss anything of substance with you.

Because like here with the other poster you constantly miss the point and refuse to accept the numerous cases where you are wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the Giants out of premiership discussion now the double chance is gone? ( 2.0 updated page 17 )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back