Are there any other Liam Anthony type guns in the state leagues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone think Brent Le Cras and/or Chad Jones are worth another go at it?
haha we recruited both those guys as mature aged picks (ie 19+) and that was several years ago now. We gave them both a few years and in Chad's case he also got a couple at West Coast as well. So to summarise, they both should have made something of themselves by now if they were going to. Obviously I haven't seen them play at all this year, but I'd be shocked if they were drafted again.

Wolfenden would need to hit the gym to make an impact

Lewis Jetta is definatly ready, will get drafted

Ian Richardson from Claremont, Medium goalkicker, i was suprised he wasnt picked up, He has the talent, but unfortunatly i feel he'll just be wasted in WAFL

Kyal Horsley from Subiaco is another bloke who i think wouldnt hurt picking up on a rookie list somewhere, Greg Broughton(is greg is name) is another one who couldnt hurt

Paul Mugumba from South Freo would do alright, however his bodyshape says he enjoys the pies a bit too much But jeez that man can take a grab,

Hi guys. This thread is for the people who follow the WAFL, SANFL and VFL.

I am impressed with the way that Liam Anthony has just come straight into the AFL and reproduced his great WAFL form. It is unbelievable that we were able to pick up a player of this quality with a 3rd round draft pick just because he was 21 and not 18.

With the 2009 draft looking very thin, do you know of any other 20-21 year old guys out there who are ready to come in and dominate?

Mature age, big bodied, given time and space by opposition coaches and have played against men for the past few years. The script is written for players like that to pick up allot of posessions, what they do with them is where there future lies. Ill admit I have not seen much of Liam and so cant comment on his disposal but if your looking for a mature ager from either of those leagues Id sudjest you get one that has either got great disposal (doubtfull) or he can make up for poor disposal with another great skill ie Priddis and his clearances.

Wolfenden would need to hit the gym to make an impact

Lewis Jetta is definatly ready, will get drafted

Ian Richardson from Claremont, Medium goalkicker, i was suprised he wasnt picked up, He has the talent, but unfortunatly i feel he'll just be wasted in WAFL

Kyal Horsley from Subiaco is another bloke who i think wouldnt hurt picking up on a rookie list somewhere, Greg Broughton(is greg is name) is another one who couldnt hurt

Paul Mugumba from South Freo would do alright, however his bodyshape says he enjoys the pies a bit too much But jeez that man can take a grab,
Freo picked him up last year. Playing well too!

haha we recruited both those guys as mature aged picks (ie 19+) and that was several years ago now. We gave them both a few years and in Chad's case he also got a couple at West Coast as well. So to summarise, they both should have made something of themselves by now if they were going to. Obviously I haven't seen them play at all this year, but I'd be shocked if they were drafted again.
Jones is leading the WAFL goal kicking in a struggling team and Le Cras is 3rd or 4th.

Le Cras won the Simpson medal in the state game against SA.

But you're right, they're obviously older than I was thinking - I forgot you picked them up as 19 or 20 yo's. Having said that, they'd be better value on our list than about 4 or 5 that are.

Anyone got any info on how Peter Rolfe from South Adelaide has been playing this year? Thought he was very stiff to miss out last year, impressed me the few times i saw him. Seems to be putting in a few good performance looking at the results, would have thought this seemingly being very open late in the draft he could step up and get on a list. Neat left boot with plenty of pace and seemed to be a very clean player above his head and below his knees.

Yeah ive been keeping relatively close tabs on how rolfe has been doing. had a really good start to the season and also a great middle where he was easily souths best. youd like to think he ha a reasonably good chance at going this year. not sure how he is doing of late. possibly injured??

Jeromey Webberley has impressed for Clarence in the Tasmanian State League, and there's rumours Hawthorn are interested.

Bucketloads of pace, not afraid to take the game on and his skills are really good, plus has a defensive side to his game. There's a lot to like, and I think a club might take a punt.

Robinson will be 24 in December.

Would definitely take the punt on Robbo, but keep that quiet Bulldog, I want to see him rookied by the Eagles (unlikely, but hey). Swans most influential player this year and runs hard all day and has nice disposal.

Would definitely take the punt on Robbo, but keep that quiet Bulldog, I want to see him rookied by the Eagles (unlikely, but hey). Swans most influential player this year and runs hard all day and has nice disposal.

He has been overlooked because in his first eligible draft year in 2003 he was considered too small and there were question marks on his disposal. These were mostly raised by "an expert commentator" in Andy Bennett on ABC Tasmania with his Tassie Devil games.

I know he can run all day as he recorded a beep test with the Tassie Mariners that was about the same as the draft camp record.

When he went to Werribee, he did a partial pre-season until the PSD with the Bulldogs.

There are certainly plenty of players on AFL lists who will never be Robbo's standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are there any other Liam Anthony type guns in the state leagues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back