Opinion Are we Overrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks to having the easiest draw ever. And who did they beat to make the prelims? They beat a shitty Essendon side in the elimination final, and were lucky to beat a half injured Geelong side thanks to some help from the umpires. In 2015, they beat Richmond (Everyone knows they're easy beats in the finals), and they beat an injured Sydney. And, in both prelims they were smashed.

North are a nowhere side. They won't win a premiership anytime soon with this side... So, if we're comparing ourselves to Norf, we are in deep trouble.
Why so offended? North are a great side, definitely in with a premiership chance. They're superior to us in almost every way except youth.

Why so offended? North are a great side, definitely in with a premiership chance. They're superior to us in almost every way except youth.
North are as far away from a premiership as Richmond.

2 consecutive prelims is much better than a kick up the arse, but something tells me you're into that sort of thing.
Ooooh ouch. Still into attacking posters?

Both clubs are closer to a flag than Collingwood are.
But none will win a flag with their current side. So it doesn't matter anyway.

I over rated us for sure.
"ffs its only 1 round" is all we have to go on so far. I didn't think we were in GF contention, but I certainly didn't see last weeks result coming.
The fact the whole team was terrible really concerns me.
Time will tell, I have adjusted my expectations for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am bullish about our list at full strength but not about current selection. Lacking star and firepower. It is what it is, let's hope for the best. Greenwood, Aish and Treloar to star.

It's too early to tell. We didn't come to play (marbles) on Saturday night. Regardless of the reason, the playing group has to reset and put their best foot forward tomorrow night. If we come undone in a remotely similar fashion then I'll be one of those who may need to reassess where we stand in the pecking order. The cold truth is that we are currently 17th on the ladder but the positive is that we can't play worse than that and have time to rectify the situation.

I wonder what they are saying over on the Fremantle board. I'm a bit of a snob and have never visited another board as I'm not interested really. They were given a bigger hiding than we were but I can't see them writing the season off as a loss so readily.

Personally I'm disappointed that we lost but so damn glad the footy is back that I can handle that and look forward to tonight's game.

What concerns me
1. is the inability to grab the bull by the horns and play competitive footy. Not one senior player showed any leadership, and I can't see a player that took it on themself to show desperation.
2. Our ball handling skills have not improved
3 our thinking skills under pressure have also not improved.

How has the recruiting team rated these areas when making decisions about players.

At some time someone on the team has to tell the truth about enough is enough, we need a geelong moment. Potential only gets so far, but desire even when getting thrashed is a unique talent and so far, in the past 12 games we have shown nothing. I hope the past 3years work is not a waste, cause that means another 10 years like the 90's. I am backing the team, but if the 3 areas do not improve by midway through the year, then there needs to be questions asked.

Finally one question.
Does GWS take a 1st round pick this year, due to the Tre's deal. Hence if we end up near the bottom, doesn't that mean we loose a very early pick?

What concerns me
1. is the inability to grab the bull by the horns and play competitive footy. Not one senior player showed any leadership, and I can't see a player that took it on themself to show desperation.
2. Our ball handling skills have not improved
3 our thinking skills under pressure have also not improved.

How has the recruiting team rated these areas when making decisions about players.

At some time someone on the team has to tell the truth about enough is enough, we need a geelong moment. Potential only gets so far, but desire even when getting thrashed is a unique talent and so far, in the past 12 games we have shown nothing. I hope the past 3years work is not a waste, cause that means another 10 years like the 90's. I am backing the team, but if the 3 areas do not improve by midway through the year, then there needs to be questions asked.

Finally one question.
Does GWS take a 1st round pick this year, due to the Tre's deal. Hence if we end up near the bottom, doesn't that mean we loose a very early pick?
Yes potentially 2 top 10 picks for treloar. .....only collingwood

Still worth every cent. Maybe worth more to other clubs given where our list is but I won't ever regret getting Treloar. The guy had surgery through the pre-season, hardly trained and yet was still a mile our best player against Sydney. Kids got guts!

You're right, with those two picks in the top 10 we could select another Scharenberg and Freeman... who needs Treloar?

North are as far away from a premiership as Richmond.

Ooooh ouch. Still into attacking posters?
North are much much further from a flag than Richmond imo.

Whilst North might get to a prelim, they don't have the star quality to ever beat the best. Richmond either have stars or have stars young enough that might give them a few years to get the stars they need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Are we Overrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back