Moved Thread Are we witnessing the start of a Carlton dynasty?

How many premiership will Carlton win by 2030?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How many more of our starting 18 do you want see out? Currently we're missing 7.

We bat so deep even our tail enders are making hundreds.

The reserves have been POOR for years now.

You need to hope and pray that Cunningham, Cotteral, Dow, Fogarty, Marchbank and the like keep playing out of their skins. Most wouldn't get a game at the other contenders.

The Bulldogs showed it was possible in 2016. Although from memory, their reserves were pretty strong in that period still.

You need to hope and pray that Cunningham, Cotteral, Dow, Fogarty, Marchbank and the like keep playing out of their skins. Most wouldn't get a game at the other contenders.

The Bulldogs showed it was possible in 2016. Although from memory, their reserves were pretty strong in that period still.

None of them are playing out of their skins, they are simply playing a role in the absence of better players.

FWIW I don’t see how those names are any different to names like Markov, Lipinski, Frampton, Robertson, Prior, Lester, Jordon, Sparrow, McEntee, Lord, you get where I’m going.

None of them are playing out of their skins, they are simply playing a role in the absence of better players.

FWIW I don’t see how those names are any different to names like Markov, Lipinski, Frampton, Robertson, Prior, Lester, Jordon, Sparrow, McEntee, Lord, you get where I’m going.

Hopefully not to the land of perpetual sadness.

Carlton ressies are poor beacuse of the VFL listed players.. not the AFL ones. Given our extensive injury list we've also had to repeadly rob the 2's to fill gaps.

Huge stretch to say any of the names you lsited are playing out of their skin. They are all role players. Every club has them.

This year's minor premier has stacks of them - Lipinski, Frampton, Markov.. arguably McCreery, Quaynor, Johnson, Noble and that kid that dives all the time.

Cunningham and Marchbank have always been at the level - just never fit. Cottrell and Fogarty are hardly getting a kick, only getting a game based on defensive effort. Dow's doing fine but might not even survive this week if Walsh is back.

26 people voted 5 or more? Surely taking the piss.

Let's just wait till they win one before even talking about a dynasty. I hope they do for the fans...then I'll go back to hating them as much as I did in the 90s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll see it sure would be great though! I do feel that we're setting ourselves, for a good few years worth of sustained competitiveness at the very least.

It's an exciting time to be a Carlton fan for sure. This is the strongest position we've been in as a club since 2000.

Last edited:
Mods delete this thread
The OP is a 'look at me' poster who only a few weeks ago was screaming for Voss to be sacked along with half the playing group.

This is a Bay13 thread- that everyone in there would ignore. Should be sent to the Bay - where it can be divvy'd - where it belongs- an insult to genuine Carlton supporters and other team's supporters who presumably come to BF to get some decent discussion.

The OP is a 'look at me' poster who only a few weeks ago was screaming for Voss to be sacked along with half the playing group.

This is a Bay13 thread- that everyone in there would ignore. Should be sent to the Bay - where it can be divvy'd - where it belongs- an insult to genuine Carlton supporters and other team's supporters who presumably come to BF to get some decent discussion.
My thoughts exactly and it is rubbish.

8 wins in a row including multiple flavour of the month premirship favourites.

The age profile of Carlton's list is primed for premiership contention for the rest of this decade.

Elite key pillars on every line are signed up long-term. A midfield that matches any in the competition. The best key forward duo since Franklin & Roughead.

Significant list depth on display with repeat wins while missing 6 of the starting 18. Two coleman medallists. A brownlow medallist.

Not only is the premiership window open - the dynasty window is open.

For ****s sake ................. you are a total embarassment !!

We have done feck all for 28-years and after a handful of in-season wins, you want to get all gobby and start crowing about dynasties.

When we make a GF and then win one, you may be within your rights to get a little cocky but until that actually happens, would you pull your goddam head in and shut the **** up !!

No we are not, we haven't done anything, what a stupid thread. But to win games with all these players missing against teams in the top 3 is very good.

Missing for us Sam Walsh, Harry McKay, Adam Cerra, Mitch McGovern, Matt Kennedy and Jack Silvagni, that is a fair group of missing players.

Is it though? You had those players and had a 6 game losing streak.

Is there a chance that more role players and less highly talented players Is working better for you? Certainly working better for the incredible pressure the team is being able to put on around the ball.

Back