Are zero scores included?

Remove this Banner Ad

i've got hille and i'm fully expecting to cop a zero
Do you have an emergency Ruck that is playing?
I think the more interesting question is whether it is counted towards there price! Whether an emergency comes in could be a 30-80 point difference. Whether the score is counted to there price could be a 25k-60k difference!

Posted this earlier in the gameday thread, but probably got lost in it, may be of relevance ...

In 2005, Cam Bruce scored a 0 and the emg counted. He didn't register a stat - same as Hille (and now Harvey). Not sure if it's the same now, after all, that was back when emgs counted for any position.

Looking back at Bruce's fantasy history on FanFooty seems that the 0 was included in his average as well and most likely his value changing.

The emg obviously won't count if you do register stats (i.e: kick [+3] and FA [-3]). Think that happened with Kosi in 06.

Bruce as my captain that game...

score didn't count, got the emergency score..

Price DID NOT change...

It was simply as if he did not play...

That was many yeas ago, however, hopefully things have changed.

Do you have an emergency Ruck that is playing?
I think the more interesting question is whether it is counted towards there price! Whether an emergency comes in could be a 30-80 point difference. Whether the score is counted to there price could be a 25k-60k difference!

You are right Mollyfud... I have Hille and will be copping a zero no matter what but the big question for me is will his price drop as if he had played (will go down about 40k and the straight trade options will be terrible!!).

I think if the emergencies dont come in then his price will drop. If emergencies count i would think that its logical to assume that his price will stay the same!! I think this is what people will be sweating on the most!!

The main point is that they did not get a stat, thats what everyones got 2 be considering not just the zero

That's what I'm thinking. I reckon there's a difference between not scoring (ie. not registering a stat at all) and scoring zero (ie. kick +3, FA -3, injury)

I don't think there's anything in VS's system that recognises that the player has played, just by them running onto the park, as seen with it still acknowledging players like Raines in green when Richmond plays.

Will be interesting to see what happens after lockout.

Hope it's not.

Brought in Harvey this week. ugh.

Have Ziebell as an emergency.

The software shouldn't pick it up. But there's a good chance at manual intervention.

All emergencies scores show up in the potential score.

That's why it's called "potential score", because if you have a plyer that doesn't playyou get the emergencies score.
I'm referring to the people saying that the system acknowledges that Hille and Harvey played and scored a 0.

If both rucks (one of which is Hille) have played as well as an emergency ruck and the VS system acknowledges that Hille played the match and got a 0 then logically the emergency ruck's score would not be factored into the potential score (as it was not a 0 obtained through not playing the match at all).

If however it is I reckon it could still go either way.

Hope it's not.

The software shouldn't pick it up. But there's a good chance at manual intervention.

As this will likely be the difference in my league game I emailed VS last night, quoting the relevant section of the rules and asked them to make sure any manual intervention happens. Not only could this be the difference in a league win for me but will mean other teams that have them both should have to pay up to 100k extra to replace them.

Also an issue that the weekly prize or overall prize could come down to this.

As this will likely be the difference in my league game I emailed VS last night, quoting the relevant section of the rules and asked them to make sure any manual intervention happens. Not only could this be the difference in a league win for me but will mean other teams that have them both should have to pay up to 100k extra to replace them.

I don't think they'll manually intervene.

From the game rules:

...Selected emergencies will replace any non-performing player in matching positions only. Where there's more than one emergency available in a certain position and only one is required, the lowest scoring emergency will be used. If you have a 0 scoring player in a certain position and don't have an emergency selected in that position, you'll not score any points for that player.

Nothing says that playing discounts them from being covered by emergencies. Then again, as has been quoted numerous times in this thread alone, the rules seem to contradict themselves a lot.

It will be interesting to see their response to this, not only this week, but in terms of precedent set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew some people would take it way too seriously and make it a personal crusade.

The way the rules are wrote you could make a case for either side. Don't act like your side is the right one just because it is to your advantage.

I am fully expecting the 2 donuts and prices to nosedive. No backup for Hille anyway, which I expect is in the majority.

As someone mentioned, there could very well be some manual adjustments made.

The way the rules are wrote you could make a case for either side. Don't act like your side is the right one just because it is to your advantage.

But it is the right one. A mere hitout should not be the difference between having an emergency come in + not changing in price.

But it is the right one. A mere hitout should not be the difference between having an emergency come in + not changing in price.

Well it's probably the right one. But strictly speaking the rules say 0 scoring player, which doesn't mean non-playing player.

There's a case for either side. I don't think anyone has the right to be upset no mater what happens.

Well it's probably the right one. But strictly speaking the rules say 0 scoring player, which doesn't mean non-playing player.

The rules don't 'strictly' say that at all. They 'also' say that emergencies only replace players who don't participate in that round of matches, which is contradictory to your 'strict' interpretation.

FWIW my entire forward line has played including Harvey, and my 'potential score' includes M Browns 64 as emg.

Controversy on the eve of eliminator ranking!! haha.

Fwiw, I have Hille, no backup, so I'm not overly phased either way.

If they don't count them as playing, Hille won't lose value, doesn't have any effect on my league game.

They aren't going to manually intervene with with however many hundred thousand teams there are. They will just let whatever score the computers spit out.

You realise they'd just have a big database with all the players and their scores in it right? Wouldn't think it would take more than a few clicks/words, but we'll see what happens.

They don't manually do each team...

Remove this Banner Ad

Are zero scores included?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back