Are zero scores included?

Remove this Banner Ad

The game is open again and both Hille and Harvey are only listed as having played 4 games and have not lost value this week, so I think it's safe to say they've been replaced by emergencies in scoring.

well at a glance hille scored 0 for me but his price didn't change so maybe you need a score of 1 or more to have your break even adjusted? not sure need someone with harvey to say whether his price has dropped or not. i didn't have any playing ruck emg so i can't help there

Well i guess that confirms it, 0 scores don't count and the emergency comes in. I have hille so thats great, but I can also understand why others are and should be piss.ed. The system is wrong....

Anyway.... Wooooohooooo!

I can confirm that Harvey's price didn't change and my emgerency's score was added. Not sure if would make difference in the schema of things for me but could help.

On a side note was hoping that Sam Mitchell would have dropped in price but think that he is ripe for the pickings this week and might use this unfortuate event to get him and one of the rookie forwards (probably Dowler) for Harvey and Robinson (Carlton's win probably hurts his chances of a speedy return).

Haha, absolutely hilarious that people are getting so riled up about whether an emergency should kick in when an injured player fails to register a score whilst onfield. Sure, in a way i don't think it's quite fair, but by the same token it appears to be one of those loop-holes of DT so just take it in your stride and get on with it. I'm certain the exact same thing has happened in years gone, but can't think of who the player was.

For the record, i have Harvey in my team and was not affected either way, as i had no playing emergencies to cover for him so there aren't any addition points coming my way. But i sure am glad he didn't drop in price. HA you little ripper! Riewoldt/Franklin here i come! :p :D

Don't be so sure CC.

It all comes down to whether the VS program is 'smart' enough to distinquish between a player who played and scored 0 v say a late withdrawal. It is as simple as that.

My gut feel is that it is not smart enough.
Guys, there are two ways that this would probably work. Either virtualsports can enter into the program, which players were in the final 22s declared however many minutes before the siren-at the point where it is too late to change the squad-even with a fine. From here the program understands who is playing, and therefore can distinguish between a player who has scored a zero, and someone who has simply not played. At the moment, my live score is taken as Harvey scoring zero, and my fwd emergency not contributing any points to my team.

Alternatively the program initially reads the scores and has a simple if statement, which replaces one zero scoring player, with one emergency. This means initially, in live scores any player scoring zero is replaced automatically by an emergency according to the code of the virtualsports program.

In the second case, it is most likely that virtualsports staff would have to manually go through, and painstakingly change conditions relating to players, and their how their score affects individual teams with these players. This would be one of the things they do between the end of the last game, and the end of lockout.

Now, going by my experience with live scores and what happened in the past with players scoring zeros, the second case is how the program ran last year. Naturally, with the 2009 version of things VS would have looked at what they can change, for the benefit of coaches, but also themselves. Judging from how live scores is working this year I would think they've gone with the first way of operating. They will still have to check over things before lockout ends, but it should run more smoothly in theory.

The bottom line? Unless they have changed the rules, or made a mistake in upgrading their methods (highly unlikely, given it would've been an upgrade aimed specifically at this issue) if you have Harvey or Hille in your team you'll get a zero. Someone mentioned a case of a player scoring zero last year, and being replaced with an emergency despite playing. I don't know if this is true or not, but this combined with my experience of live scores last year leads me to my conclusion on method 2. For this to happen, it would mean that the VS staff made a mistake and did not nominate the player as a participating player with a score of zero. Even if they have not changed methods, it is unlikely the same will be repeated, particularly with a high profile case such as Harvey or Hille.

Hope this makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright, well between beginning to write the above post and hitting "Submit Reply" lockout ended. My score appears to have jumped by around the same amount that my fwd emergency scores, compared to my live scores. This seems to suggest one of two things. Either VS screwed up, or they've changed the rules from last year. Either way this is good news for me :thumbsu::D
Peace out.

Haha, absolutely hilarious that people are getting so riled up about whether an emergency should kick in when an injured player fails to register a score whilst onfield. Sure, in a way i don't think it's quite fair, but by the same token it appears to be one of those loop-holes of DT so just take it in your stride and get on with it. I'm certain the exact same thing has happened in years gone, but can't think of who the player was.

For the record, i have Harvey in my team and was not affected either way, as i had no playing emergencies to cover for him so there aren't any addition points coming my way. But i sure am glad he didn't drop in price. HA you little ripper! Riewoldt/Franklin here i come! :p :D
Exactly, its the same for everyone and no-one likes a zero-its a positive move for all concerned (unless it decides a league game against you) so I say keep it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are zero scores included?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back