Aren't T20s exciting?

Remove this Banner Ad

And Stephen O'Keefe's special comments :eek:

elaborate??

it was on the tv but i wasn't even paying attention after about the second over. don't thiknk i was even paying attention before that anyway.

regarding SOK i've usually found him prett good when it comes to speaking.

ok on that front. yeah pretty left field in terms of the popularity stakes. a lot of non cricketing folk would be going errrr???

would've been a better choice to speak at the tests.

i'd say he is gunning for some sort of media role post cricket. (inb4 thanks captain obvious)

not gonna comment specifically on him tonight because i didn't notice but they can't keep adding people to the commentary team. does anyone ever get fired??

it's exactly the same people as 1995/96 plus extras.

i do love how they slyly (sp??) threw in a third blokes for the on field commentary and no one ever really noticed. i couldn't even tell you when it was only two blokes at a time.... circa 2004??

i do love how they slyly (sp??) threw in a third blokes for the on field commentary and no one ever really noticed. i couldn't even tell you when it was only two blokes at a time.... circa 2004??

Wasn't it at the start of the 06/07 Ashes series? When Nicho joined the crew.

Couldn't bare to watch that shit tonight. If the gimmicks at the ground aren't bad enough, Channel 9 just make you feel embarrassed to be watching it. Having "Exponent" Brayshaw, Healy and Slater in the box at the same just shows there is zero quality control going on.

yeah could've been in 06/07. i left for ireland in november 2006 for a few years so when it comes to australian specific things like that i always forget whether i had left, was there, or had come back when particular things happened.

I didn't see it but I'm guessing at the start of the broadcast the commentators had the top few buttons of their shirts undone and snazzy hair styles instead of the usual short and high with the ch 9 ties.

Wasn't it at the start of the 06/07 Ashes series? When Nicho joined the crew.

Couldn't bare to watch that shit tonight. If the gimmicks at the ground aren't bad enough, Channel 9 just make you feel embarrassed to be watching it. Having "Exponent" Brayshaw, Healy and Slater in the box at the same just shows there is zero quality control going on.

I watched it and enjoyed it especially as there are a few newbies or very inexperienced players in the team. It got a bit boring towards the end when it was obvious that Dhoni was just ****ing around. I've seen him snail too many times in T20's now.

Of course, not having the sound on is a huge boost to the enjoyment. I may just mute all broadcasts from Australia from now on.

Put it this way; when the tests are on my missus doesn't even bother to ask if she can watch something else (to the point that she is actually starting to enjoy the cricket - success!). The TV is mine for 8 hours!

Tonight we watched My Kitchen Rules. My Kitchen Rules FFS! I chose a bloody cooking show over the cricket. That is what I think of 20/20.

Also, Jennifer is an annoying bitch!

Tonight we watched My Kitchen Rules. My Kitchen Rules FFS! I chose a bloody cooking show over the cricket. That is what I think of 20/20.

what's the story with that "yeeeaaaah" chick??

the ad has me somewhat intrigued but thre is not a chance in hell i am watching it.

Gave it a go.....lasted 5 minutes before turning it off and watching a movie instead. Didn't miss much. I hate slog fests, at least ODI's have some tactics.

Why is it that so many people can't grasp the simple fact that there are tactics at play in T20 cricket?

Haters gonna hate, I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They do add a lot of unnecessary gimmicks to the T20 games, but the cricket itself has been pretty good I think- the Big Bash I really enjoyed, despite not thinking I would even follow it when it started up.

Yeah, 40 mins is far too much. They just want the game to be different, and exciting, add to the atmosphere!! Let the game be the focus, and if it's good enough, you don't need the gimmicks.

Why is it that so many people can't grasp the simple fact that there are tactics at play in T20 cricket?

This is more about Channel 9's overhyped coverage than T20 itself I think.

That said, T20 is probably my least favourite format, I would rather do a pre-season running program than watch the first innings!

players names announced as they run on next to pyrotechnics is awkward viewing. where do the suits get the idea that people want to see that sort of thing? and i hate that keyboard shit like in baseball, day-o, dayyy-o. ugh. ch 9 moneyball? trying too hard.

The game itself is fine, it's the ridiculous American Basketball razzle dazzle bullshit that annoys people.

And the deliberately over-the-top commentary "WHHOOAA, Dynamo Davey Warner hits a four!!! Something we've never seen before in the history of cricket!!!"

Put it this way; when the tests are on my missus doesn't even bother to ask if she can watch something else (to the point that she is actually starting to enjoy the cricket - success!). The TV is mine for 8 hours!

Good effort though.... Yeah.

Yeah.....

And yeah... the commentary sucked.

**** me, give me Bill and Tony and Richie any day of the week; we don't need the hyperbolic bullshit, and JB carrying on about Warner 'Shelling' a six.

Mind you, 95% of that enjoyment comes from seeing inexperienced players like Christian, Faulker, Birt, Wade etc try their wares.

this!

Good effort though.... Yeah.

Yeah.....

And yeah... the commentary sucked.

**** me, give me Bill and Tony and Richie any day of the week; we don't need the hyperbolic bullshit, and JB carrying on about Warner 'Shelling' a six.

yeahhhh.

are you panting in anticipation for when someone takes a screamer and JB yells "THE DUKES!"

I dont think the problem is with the T20
Its just the way that nine try to over hype the game
T20's on fox are good because you get what you deserve

But seriously, 40 minutes of pre game for a 3 hour game ?

Fox do it well, interview a player, talk about a couple of danger men for each side with some highlights. Then get on with the game. No hyperbole needed, the cricket is what people are there to watch, if it isnt good enough entertainment it doesn't matter what gimmicks you have people will not watch it.

Agree that ch.9 is painful. How many times to we have to hear Michael Slater blow his load over david warner even though he got out in about the 4th over......

The naming of the players was painful to watch, i felt embarrassed for some reason. No need for that. It was the same when the AFL tried it for the NAB cup grand final. Might do it in america but dont do it here.

The best thing about T20 for me is seeing new players get a go. People like Wade, Faulkner, Christian, Birt. Would love to see Finch get go again.

Okeefe and Pattinson were a decent idea but it didnt work. No-one knows okeefe and pattinson was out of his depth.

Agree that ch.9 is painful. How many times to we have to hear Michael Slater blow his load over david warner even though he got out in about the 4th over......

The naming of the players was painful to watch, i felt embarrassed for some reason. No need for that. It was the same when the AFL tried it for the NAB cup grand final. Might do it in america but dont do it here.

The best thing about T20 for me is seeing new players get a go. People like Wade, Faulkner, Christian, Birt. Would love to see Finch get go again.

Okeefe and Pattinson were a decent idea but it didnt work. No-one knows okeefe and pattinson was out of his depth.

i think everyone knows okeefe. good player, just hope he doesnt turn into a CA/sponsor puppet

patto was clearly out of his depth. media stuff isnt important, hope he just concentrates on taking wickets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aren't T20s exciting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back