Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 11 - 15

Remove this Banner Ad

I noted here a few weeks ago that only teams we could beat, for now anyway, are WC and Norf, Hawks have beaten Saints and now Lions - we were outclassed by both and never looked likely. They have pace, energy and belief we could only dream of quite frankly
Their kids are good, have added natural hard working mids and Sicily is a star!

So Hawks now definitively better than us. Again. No really high draft picks, rookie coach, back of house turmoil, no Brownlow medalist, no Coleman medallists. But they're improving week after week. They're playing to a plan. They're playing for each other.

Really goes to show how wholly and completely rotten from top to toe the Carlton Football Club is. We have all the ingredients for a genuine tilt at the flag, but here we are eating Clag and sticking crayons up our noses.

******* sickening. ******* embarrassing. ******* pathetic.

By Ingredients, i assume you mean players, a lot of it has gone sour/past it's best.

SOS botched our rebuild (took too many GWS rejects and injury prone players, wasted 3 top ten picks on Dow, SPS and LOB and we have over paid a good portion of players from other clubs.

All those Chickens have finally come home to roost.

Having 2 Coleman Medalists means nothing if we have one of the slowest and poorly skilled midfields in the comp.

By Ingredients, i assume you mean players, a lot of it has gone sour/past it's best.

SOS botched our rebuild (took too many GWS rejects and injury prone players, wasted 3 top ten picks on Dow, SPS and LOB and we have over paid a good portion of players from other clubs.

Having 2 Coleman Medalists means nothing if we have one of the slowest and poorly skilled midfields in the comp.
Agree SOS has set us back years , should never have been head o Recruiting, apart from our two pick 1, Charlie & Harry and perhaps TDK , he was hopeless, a big faux pas . We‘re so far behind the top 8 teams, it’s embarrassing.

Are we about to watch the Hawks rebuild pass ours?
Yes but who hasn’t in the past 3 years? It’s like you’re not a serious club to not rocket past us. Crows, Lions, Pies, Swans, Hawks, Port it’s just incredible.

It’s the lost generation of shocking SOS midfield and small forwards drafting that sees us in this situation, we all know who they are and at least another 3 will be gone at year end, in addition to Stock, Setters and SPS the past 2 years.

This is the reality that most of the media are clueless about and our fans delusional about.

It’s nice to have mates in the industry to give you a job isn’t it?

I've tried and tried to be okay with Underwood's voice.
Massive fail.
I cannot stand it.
Unlistenable.
Never improves. So harsh.
But go Hawks!
Funny u say that, my better half prefers if I listen to the commentary for the 2s with head phones. I was watching the hawks game & she came out with “my god, the B squad commentary sounds better than listening to her, is that her real voice or is she putting on a fake one to sound like a commentator, it’s horrible, please ask her to be quiet” 😂😂

Yes but who hasn’t in the past 3 years? It’s like you’re not a serious club to not rocket past us. Crows, Lions, Pies, Swans, Hawks, Port it’s just incredible.

It’s the lost generation of shocking SOS midfield and small forwards drafting that sees us in this situation, we all know who they are and at least another 3 will be gone at year end, in addition to Stock, Setters and SPS the past 2 years.

We are very lucky we have Austin. I have faith he can turn over the list and recruit well to stop us hitting the bottom.

While you’re correct that our list has major holes in the midfield, small forwards and too many injured players. This tells half of the story. We shouldn’t be contenders but we shouldn’t be 14th on the ladder either.

I noted here a few weeks ago that only teams we could beat, for now anyway, are WC and Norf, Hawks have beaten Saints and now Lions - we were outclassed by both and never looked likely. They have pace, energy and belief we could only dream of quite frankly
Yep. Lewis back has been huge but just a bloody well run club that know what to do and when. It’s too hard to admit but FMD we are sh1t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My youngest boy just walked in the room crowin’ about winnin’ $600 on Tex kickin’ 6 or more. I looked at the little bugger in disgust, and asked why he didn’t tell me and Ma about the odds. Crikey, I would’ve put more than $50 on that.

Pissin’ down in WA. Changin’ me tip to Richmond. Got 2 out of 3 so far.

Whilst this is true, you're still looking for excuses.

I guarantee that you wholesale transplant our current squad to Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood, Hawthorn or Adelaide, and we'd be top 8. More likely top 4.

Collingwood's list is worse than ours. Essendon's list is worse than ours. Hawthorn's definitely is worse than ours.

Why are they playing better than us? It's not a list problem. It's a CLUB PROBLEM. The Carlton Football Club is a decaying, rotten corpse that infects every player and coach that steps through it's doors. That's why we're shit, not the list.

Burn the ****ing place down and start again. Unless that happens this club is going nowhere. Absolutely nowhere.

Whilst this is true, you're still looking for excuses.

I guarantee that you wholesale transplant our current squad to Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood, Hawthorn or Adelaide, and we'd be top 8. More likely top 4.

Collingwood's list is worse than ours. Essendon's list is worse than ours. Hawthorn's definitely is worse than ours.

Why are they playing better than us? It's not a list problem. It's a CLUB PROBLEM. The Carlton Football Club is a decaying, rotten corpse that infects every player and coach that steps through it's doors. That's why we're s**t, not the list.

Burn the ******* place down and start again. Unless that happens this club is going nowhere. Absolutely nowhere.
Geez, tell us what ya really think.

Funny u say that, my better half prefers if I listen to the commentary for the 2s with head phones. I was watching the hawks game & she came out with “my god, the B squad commentary sounds better than listening to her, is that her real voice or is she putting on a fake one to sound like a commentator, it’s horrible, please ask her to be quiet” 😂😂
I always hoped Kelly might take some voice production lessons. Alas, no.

This West Coast Team has to be the worst/most uncompetitive team in the AFL since Fitzroy in their final season.

They won't win another game this year, yes they have injuries, but geez the manner in which they are getting hammered every week is really concerning (if you were an Eagles fan)

This West Coast Team has to be the worst/most uncompetitive team in the AFL since Fitzroy in their final season.

They won't win another game this year, yes they have injuries, but geez the manner in which they are getting hammered every week is really concerning (if you were an Eagles fan)
You really have to go back a fair bit to see a side as uncompetitive as the Eagles. Even we beat them by 18 goals.

They'll beat us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back