Game Day Around The Grounds Rounds 16 - 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Filth nowhere near their best but they'll come good.

* Finally get a win against a top 8 team .. or did they?

Good result. Close to killing Pies off for the season, but has done nothing for Bombers percentage.
Collingwoods best is still a big threat during finals so this is a great result.

Not worried about Essendon come finals even if they make top 4.

If it's us, Sydney and Freo as contending teams that's also good news with 2 being interstate we have an edge.

Collingwoods best is still a big threat during finals so this is a great result.

If it's us, Sydney and Freo as contending teams that's also good news with 2 being interstate we have an edge.
With two being interstate we absolutely must finish top 2 and win week one.

all this love for *? Ok, if that’s the feeling, we need to get them in the finals and bury merrets head into the turf and make sheedys disciples cry in the stands like we did in 99.
We want them to make the 8 because we know they'll collapse come finals. Team is poo but if they can knock the Pies out of finals I'm happy.

We want them to make the 8 because we know they'll collapse come finals. Team is poo but if they can knock the Pies out of finals I'm happy.
I hope you’re right. Doubt they’re gonna win the flag but I don’t mind their handball game, spread and pressure in numbers - it can be very damaging.

Filth nowhere near their best but they'll come good.

* Finally get a win against a top 8 team .. or did they?
Pies wont be in the 8 after the weekend(we still Win and they drop out) so technically not a top 8 win. dogs or port win, suns win, bris win and melb smash eagles. Pies could fall to 10th...11th if we drop the game.

Filth will not come good. Please tell me where they will
tuen it around?

Pies got to get there first.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hem… excuse me. But are you allowed to use “edge” when referring to us?

Is it though? Daicos has papered over a few cracks. Pendles, Sidey, Crisp etc are approaching the cliff. Their backline is close to being the worst in the league with Dean, Frampton and "kick it to the other team" Moore. Mihocek looked like he copped a really bad injury. There were probably 6 others who are non descript footballers.

If we are travelling o.k. we will absolutely make mince meat of them.

Last edited:
With two being interstate we absolutely must finish top 2 and win week one.
As it stands, things are going as well as we could hope for.

• won 5 in a row and in ripping form
  • injury list looking good, almost all back except the long term Doc and JSOS.
  • Sydney last week showing vulnerability
  • Collingwood losing (they are still a finals threat)
  • Essendon in top 4 but not worried about, Geelong off the boil. We match up well vs Bulldogs in recent times.
  • other top teams are interstate giving us the edge if we play them at home during finals

:rolleyes: BT roving Brian to Jake Stringer - “your 4 kids - are they here?”.

Including the ones you dicked by doing the dirty on their mother.

Last edited:
Is it though? Daicos has papered over a few cracks. Pendles, Sidey, Crisp etc are approaching the cliff. Their backline is close to being the worst in the league with Dean, Frampton and "kick it to the other team" Moore. Mihocek looked like he copped a really bad injury. There were probably 6 others who are non descript footballers.

If we are teavelling o.k. we will absolutely make mince meat of them.
I agree but they are still dealing with a fair few injuries. We know their best is very good.

Put it this way, if we finished 2nd and I had to choose an opponent for our first final out of Collingwood, essendon, Geelong or one of the top interstate teams like Freo, Port or Brisbane, Collingwood would be my last pick.

I agree but they are still dealing with a fair few injuries. We know their best is very good.

Put it this way, if we finished 2nd and I had to choose an opponent for our first final out of Collingwood, essendon, Geelong or one of the top interstate teams like Freo, Port or Brisbane, Collingwood would be my last pick.
Not for me. I would much prefer to play them than Freo, Brisbane.

Not sure that they have many really good players out. Maybe McStay? Unless you are counting Cox.

I hope you’re right. Doubt they’re gonna win the flag but I don’t mind their handball game, spread and pressure in numbers - it can be very damaging.
They have too many weaker bodies. Won't lay a glove on Sydney, Dogs, Brisbane or us.

They match up well because the Pies are also fairly slight

Not for me. I would much prefer to play them than Freo, Brisbane.

Not sure that they have many really good players out. Maybe McStay? Unless you are counting Cox.
Not worried about Freo or Brisbane at all at the MCG where they have pretty bad records and we'd have a Carlton dominated crowd.

Collingwood missing Mcstay, Elliott, Cox, Mcreery, Mitchell. First 4 are first choice forwards.

I'd still back us to beat them in a final, but yeah, would just prefer to vs just about anyone else at the MCG.

Pies run home:

Geelong, Hawthorn, Richmond, Carlton, Sydney (Away), Brisbane (Home), Melbourne.

Tough run.

Essendon run home:

Melbourne, Adelaide (Home), St Kilda, Fremantle (Home), Gold Coast (Home), Sydney (Home), Brisbane (Away)

I can see 4-5 wins there no problem. They should finish top 4 from here.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back