Off-topic Ask a Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet in the seventies we couldn’t get enough of ‘jap bikes’ including the Yamaha fs1e under 50cc with pedals so legal for 16yo in britain

I’ll let this classic boomer explain

And yet in the seventies we couldn’t get enough of ‘jap bikes’ including the Yamaha fs1e under 50cc with pedals so legal for 16yo in britain

I’ll let this classic boomer explain

I aint a boomer or Gen X.. but alot of what he said was true. Freedom.. let kids learn from their experiences... these days kids are stuck to their phone or gaming and not learning about life much.

To a 16yo that little postie bike would have felt amazing.

I aint a boomer or Gen X.. but alot of what he said was true. Freedom.. let kids learn from their experiences... these days kids are stuck to their phone or gaming and not learning about life much.

To a 16yo that little postie bike would have felt amazing.

We were hugely envious of our first schoolmate who got one. But you looked a lot cooler sitting on one than screaming along.
Eventually the law limited them to 30mph

Last edited:
I’m just recovering from the discovery that boomers are classic or early boomers and generation Jones later on.

How lame is that that the yanks came up with? Generation Jones?

Anyway, tell me these folk aren’t as cool as

View attachment 1809533
You can safely assume that the ladies in this image don't pack meat and two veg…

Unlike today’s #Luc#LuckyDipGeneration

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When god save the queen was dumped, the conservatives would have revolted. We drag them kicking and screaming forward

Good times.

We had to sing “God Save The Queen” every Monday morning at primary school. Even though I was a little kid, l couldn’t understand why a kid in Australia had to sing about a British queen. Even then I had republican thoughts even though I didn’t know that’s what it was called.
When Gough got voted in, I thought my old man was going to have a heart attack. Gough got rid of God Save The Queen and a whole lot of other things, tried to drag Australia into the 20th century.
It was the end of the world according to a lot of conservatives who were used to 20 odd years of Conservative governments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Off-topic Ask a Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back