Win Prizes Ask an Atheist II

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Ask an Atheist thread II.

Previous part:

Standard board rules apply.

People have a yearning for the meaning of life, all the big questions, unanswered by the scientists, philosophers, humanists, and God is there for those who seek Him.

And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Perhaps it's time to try a female deity? What with all the wars and disease and crime and hunger under the current guy.

It's my understanding that Christian theology is to take responsibility for your own life and the lives of others.

It depends on what your definition of god is. What do atheists believe in?

So this is it? We randomly appear and then disappear.
Yep

The lights go out and that's it.

Hopefully you have done enough good in your life that you will remembered with fondness.

If you haven't, they will line up to piss on your grave

But you're dead so it doesn't matter to you

Yep

The lights go out and that's it.

Hopefully you have done enough good in your life that you will remembered with fondness.

If you haven't, they will line up to piss on your grave

But you're dead so it doesn't matter to you
Which is a rather cold belief but one that can't be disproved.

Your memory will be gone in a blink.

You saying you're an atheist is just as " real ". Very convenient and simple.. No God. End of story. You are free to do what you want. But your questions will never be answered by science.
We'll never know all the answers; I already said that. But it's manifestly clear the big questions are now being answered more convincingly by science than by religion.

Religion still hasn't recovered from being hit for six by Darwin and not only never will, it knows it never will, so what's really dishonest is it has spent the last two centuries doing everything it can to have Faith and Belief completely undeservedly mentioned in the same breath as Truth and Fact.

AND, the more testimonies I hear about people who discover God and Christianity, the more it confirms the reality of these conversions for all of us. So, you are incorrect, IT IS real for very many people.
Doesn't matter how many people it is "real" for, it will never be a universal reality.

I mean, you don't even have to ask atheists or scientists. You've only got to look at the multitude of other religions, whose existence instantly calls into question the so-called universality of your "reality".

Doesn't matter how many people it is "real" for, it will never be a universal reality.

I mean, you don't even have to ask atheists or scientists. You've only got to look at the multitude of other religions, whose existence instantly calls into question the so-called universality of your "reality".
Maybe they are just different versions of the same reality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Ask an Atheist II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back