USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

And how is “trans” being shoved down people’s throats?
Its clearly far more prevalent topic than even 10 years ago. It doesn't bode well with many Americans who are far more conservative than the average Australian.

Trans in female sports again is far more of a topic than 10 years ago.

How many flags and "genders" have been added in the past decade?

Again this isn't personal opinion but people who are perplexed why someone like Trump is a huge chance, this is a big reason why.

lol- imagine being scared of “woke ideals”.
I mean you can laugh at it all you want but many American's aren't for it. Hence why Trump is now favourite.

The candidates are fairly far apart in terms of political sides and at the moment a conservative right wing government looks the hot favourite. This isn't unique to the USA

Its clearly far more prevalent topic than even 10 years ago. It doesn't bode well with many Americans who are far more conservative than the average Australian.

Again this isn't personal opinion but people who are perplexed why someone like Trump is a huge chance, this is a big reason why.
Nah I think this issue is far overblown - cost of living is the key reason trump is either leading or even close in this race.

I mean you can laugh at it all you want but many American's aren't for it. Hence why Trump is now favourite.

The candidates are fairly far apart in terms of political sides and at the moment a conservative right wing government looks the hot favourite. This isn't unique to the USA
Of course it’s laughable. That trump is even remotely on the radar tells us how far gone America is. The fact that so many millions of people will vote for him despite him having no economic credibility and no competence on any other issues. He’s an environmental vandal too- so most of these people voting for him clearly have no interest in their grandkid’s welfare.
Hot fav might be a stretch though -it’s not over yet and here’s hoping there are still enough Americans who, by voting day, will get beyond ‘immigration’ as their single vote issue.
I see nothing to be happy about in a trump victory, or any conservative right wing govt in power - they are all repeatedly shown to be incompetent and unprincipled and almost always make the world a worse place.

Of course it’s laughable. That trump is even remotely on the radar tells us how far gone America is. The fact that so many millions of people will vote for him despite him having no economic credibility and no competence on any other issues. He’s an environmental vandal too- so most of these people voting for him clearly have no interest in their grandkid’s welfare.
Hot fav might be a stretch though -it’s not over yet and here’s hoping there are still enough Americans who, by voting day, will get beyond ‘immigration’ as their single vote issue.
I see nothing to be happy about in a trump victory, or any conservative right wing govt in power - they are all repeatedly shown to be incompetent and unprincipled and almost always make the world a worse place.
I'm also not sure that outside the MAGA bubble of constantly talking up Trump whether he is doing that well. We've watched him for ten years now and when he has been actually winning he's not afraid to say it, right now he's leaving it for everyone to talk him up while he looks sullen and vulnerable.

I'm also not sure that outside the MAGA bubble of constantly talking up Trump whether he is doing that well. We've watched him for ten years now and when he has been actually winning he's not afraid to say it, right now he's leaving it for everyone to talk him up while he looks sullen and vulnerable.
Ah yep- not a bad point. And doesn’t he do a good line in sullen?
Comon the goodies.

People who whinge about it and make hating them a core part of their politics are freaks.

That said, my partner moved to Australia this year and the first event we went to with an Acknowledgment of Country prompted giggles. I was like "You really can't do that", and they replied "I'm sorry, but it's kind of ridiculous. You're saying 'Hey, we stole everything from you, thanks for that." It's obviously become extremely engrained here but less so elsewhere in the world, and I think is received with some cynicism in North America, including from indigenous people. When the Dakota pipeline's opening had a Land Acknowledgment first, I get the cynicism. Likewise people overseas saw a BHP meeting in Perth opened with an Acknowledgment of Country, despite their terrible record of actually upholding indigenous rights. I think there's a worthy discussion to be had about its performative nature at times, especially in light of the utter derailment we had a year ago on the path of indigenous reform.
Ignorant and gross.
And just so typical of people like you.

Don't distance yourself, you hold the same views. Be honest.

If you cannot actually defend let alone explain your positions or views, why do you have them?

C’mon man, stop trying to deflect your beliefs back to Americans, clearly it’s how you feel too, so just own it.

Yep, awareness of trans rights is more prevalent than ten years ago, how is that a bad thing? Fifteen years ago, you would have been complaining that gay rights was more prevalent than it was ten years prior.

It’s awareness of marginalised and persecuted groups, starting conversations, striving for a fairer world for all. If you honestly think that’s a bad thing, or your chosen political party does, then you are the reason we need these things “shoved down our throats.”

Where was she last night?
No Show at the Al Smith dinner, an “important tradition” her words, that she chose to skip.
Must’ve been prepping for her upcoming hard hitting interview with the Rev.
Some traditions are rather hideous and should be avoided!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Own it like a man.

These are your opinions - stop palming it off as "Americans".

Your small dick energy is really showing.

I just dont see how the polls could be so wrong again. Unless there is some extreme adverse selection issues going on.
If the polls are even close to under-representing the Trump vote to the degree they were in 2016 and 2020 its over. I can see that happening, it kinda makes all the sense in the world that quite a few people will be voting for Trump but not really comfortable in telling people they will be. Trump pretty unique in that regard.

Two years ago the poll averages were apparently predicting a red wave, which never happened.
Midterms a different beast with Trump's name not on the ballot.

I'm not sure they exist outside a few progressive states like Vermont. America is a pretty conservative place when it comes to systemic issues.
And neither Trump nor Harris will move the needle on those issues at all.

The Jack Smith stuff is the new Mueller investigation m8... it was interesting for the first year or so, now it's like the 3rd hour of Avatar.

Jimmy Fallon Time GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
They tried to wrap it up m8, Donnie delayed coz he knows how screwed he is if he ever got to trial.

A Bernie Sanders type. Kamala Harris is too much of a Joe Biden vanilla/Corprotocrat type. But that's the path Dems took.
While I agree that Biden has really snookered them and there should have been a proper primary process from which a battle-tested candidate emerged, I still doubt the US is ready for a Sanders type or anyone that progressive.

They label Biden and Harris, 2 of the most corporate establishment options you could ever imagine, as communist/marxist/whatever. Just imagine the conniptions from the GOP if a Sanders type got through, their attacks would be backed up by the media too.

C’mon man, stop trying to deflect your beliefs back to Americans, clearly it’s how you feel too, so just own it.

Yep, awareness of trans rights is more prevalent than ten years ago, how is that a bad thing? Fifteen years ago, you would have been complaining that gay rights was more prevalent than it was ten years prior.

It’s awareness of marginalised and persecuted groups, starting conversations, striving for a fairer world for all. If you honestly think that’s a bad thing, or your chosen political party does, then you are the reason we need these things “shoved down our throats.”
Sorry I thought this was a thread to discuss the upcoming election.

Yep, awareness of trans rights is more prevalent than ten years ago, how is that a bad thing?

Because many Americans are conservative and feel its beings pushed on their children. Hence why someone like Trump has a legitimate chance of winning this election.

While I agree that Biden has really snookered them and there should have been a proper primary process from which a battle-tested candidate emerged, I still doubt the US is ready for a Sanders type or anyone that progressive.

They label Biden and Harris, 2 of the most corporate establishment options you could ever imagine, as communist/marxist/whatever. Just imagine the conniptions from the GOP if a Sanders type got through, their attacks would be backed up by the media too.
So this is what I suspect might happen:

The Progressive Branch of the Dems secede from the Corporatocrats and the MAGA loyalists separate themselves from old-school Repubs.

So in that case the US has now 4 to chose from instead of 2.

The Progdems
The Coporatocrats
The Old-Repubs
The MAGA Loyalists.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris (pt II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back